A Post To Lighten The Mood.

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
12 Dec 2013 11:48 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
A Post To Lighten The Mood. was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Hello all of you out there! It has come to my attention that with all this religion talk these missives on these boards have become so serious! Well I've had it with all this darkness! I've had it with all this talk of dark and light! I say we all start a new religion! A religion where we pray to ale and the gods who bring us ale! You see when in doubt ale answers what we ask of it! Almighty Ale! I'm thirsty! Ale answers! Ale! ALmighty Ale! I have just defeated a great enemy! I wish to celebrate! Ale comes to me and I celebrate! Almighty Ale! I wish to pass out in front of the tavern after a night of debauchery! Ale answers! You see my friends! Ale is the answer! Give yourselves to Ale!

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
12 Dec 2013 12:52 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
I can drink to that!

(unsigned)

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
12 Dec 2013 13:04 #3 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
*Not Seámus*

Mister Dimms,

Now, suppose that I choose to prostrate myself before the almighty grappa? Will we separate ourselves into Pantheons as well? You with your Ale and possibly Stout and Lager and Porter; and me with my Grappa, Mead, Sake and Ice Wine?

Or shall we simply join as one happy flock under the altar of alcohol? Embracing both the White Wine and Black Lager together as equals?

- Boryev Solvei

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
13 Dec 2013 05:18 #4 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
If there is a religion based around the consumption of drink, why not does thou create it around thus most beautiful meat, bacon.

the most glorious cut of meat. The most tastee and delicious. Let us consume thee, and create an altar to thee.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Dunn Ironwill
13 Dec 2013 09:07 #5 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
(Written in drunken scribbles, stained with grease.)

Well gentlemen to answer the both of you. Different sects could prove to be a bother. Then you have all these arguments about what's the better alcohol and I'm sure alcohol and arguments lead to bad things. We shall be under the belief system that all alcohol is amazing! Even add in some fruity wines so that the women of travance can come and join the fun! And to be honest with the idea of bacon on the table, we'll include bacon into the religion. Now, what to call it?

Signed,
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
13 Dec 2013 09:36 #6 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
"The Cult of Wretched Excess" springs to mind

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
13 Dec 2013 09:50 #7 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
Haroldson - Does you choose to worship whom you prefer. Does the Scholar not worship the paper which he wroth upon? or the warrior the sword he slays with? In these hard times we need a little frivolity, a little above gnawing on stale crusts, or drinking privvy water. Laughter in the right place is a better cure-all than the hands of a priest or the probing touch of a mind doctor.

Yes, we have hard times, but is it not time to give thanks, for another breath of air, another heartbeat.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
13 Dec 2013 11:30 #8 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
You may all enjoy your ales, and your bacon.

I for one, will spend this festival, buying what supplies i can afford, and venturing into our borderlands. While i have no religion, i worship not ales, nor bacon, nor gods in the sky.
I worship deeds.
Those who sit idol are the true evil in this world.
Sit at your bar stools, enjoy your meat.
Let Greater men busy themselves with rebuilding the world around them while you spend your days at the bottom of a bottle.

In Service to Alisandria

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
13 Dec 2013 13:24 #9 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
*Not Seámus*

I feel as though my wit earlier has gone misinterpreted. Do not think that I do not care what has happened to the world. I have felt the heavy hand of fate as well and lost many that were close to me. I sought a bit of levity, not insult, Master Erdboren.

I saw a soul trying to divert people's thoughts from the mania that seems to have taken root due to the new religious state of Arawyn. I I thought to myself, why not give him a hand, crack a joke and see if people realize they're being a little crazy. That is the dreadful thing about words on parchment; they do not convey tone, for good or ill.

I seek to ease my own trouble by bringing levity to others, it is what I do. If that rubs others the wrong way, so be it, I cannot truly say that I care.

Latsho drom,
- Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kumpania

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Dec 2013 14:18 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Brunner - you take yourself too seriously and speak about matters of which you have no knowledge. As an example, as a scholar who has also learned something of the way of a warrior, I worship neither paper or sword. You, it seems, practice, if not actually worship ignorance.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
14 Dec 2013 16:00 - 14 Dec 2013 16:01 #11 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
It seems this paper chain has gone exactly as planned.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 14 Dec 2013 16:01 by Narcis (ChrisR).
14 Dec 2013 21:00 - 15 Dec 2013 09:47 #12 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
As they say - Ignorance is bliss, in Daemon and in scholar alike. [strike]I havaen't come to Travance to bandy words with a cynic, a miser and an oaf.[/strike]. (this text is hurriedly scrawled out) I came for adventure, for the joy of the capture, and for the hunt. Ahaps you have seen more death than I, perhaps your worldly views are more open.

That doesna mean ignorance. Just means I have a different sett of priorities to you ahaps. To be merry, to enjoy life, instead of accusations, words of those whom call themselves messengers of those above. And ahaps you are ignorant to the point of mine own missive.

(A short addition hangs below the original missive)
To those whom I offended, mine tongue stands to be cleaved from its body. The fear of persecution is why I dost not write missives freely.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 15 Dec 2013 09:47 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge).
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
14 Dec 2013 22:27 #13 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
I am sure that Valos will not disdain my joining the Church of the Dragon's Breath Ale.

I do agree that we need to lighten up the mood and a drink is just the way to do it.

Let us all raise our glasses and sing, all hail the all mighty brew, that which allows us to see through its veiled vision and know its unknowable lessons.

(unsigned)

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
  • Dunn Ironwill
15 Dec 2013 08:16 #14 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
Ah yes! Glorious! Aboslutely beautiful! I' glad that even in dark times the folks of Travance can enjoy a laugh.... Well at least some of us. Draven.... I find you are far too serious. It was not long ago where I helped you walk around the roads of Travance whilst you were in a drunken stupor. I think you would find a very comfortable seat in the Religion of Bacon and Ale... That is if you find a way to repair your funny bone. Do not think I take any of these recent matters lightly. I will spill blood, rebuild, take heads just as any other man or woman of Travance will do in these trying times. But after the blood has been spilled, after that house has been returned to it's former glory.... I will stumble wearily into the bar and order a round of drinks for myself and those who stand by me. I hope that you are one of those who stand by me..... As for the rest of you lot! We still need a solid name for this new religion! Somebody think of one! Master Haroldson you're a wise man! Please grace this new found faith with an honest and strong moniker!

Signed,

Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Dec 2013 09:35 #15 by geezer (geezer)
The Church of Ethyl

what could be more fitting?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

15 Dec 2013 09:57 #16 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
I am laughing now as I write this!

B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
16 Dec 2013 01:03 - 16 Dec 2013 01:03 #17 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
I have never found ale, brandy, grappa, mead, sake, stout, lager, port, porter, wine (of any kind, although I am partial to the bubbling kind or the warmed, mulled kind) to be out of place on any bar, table, floor, windowsill, grassy lawn, snowy plain, or while riding or out for a nice stroll.

Although I will put in a word for a hot cup of tea as well. And since we're having tea, we may as well have cakes. And if we have cakes, we also must have pies. And then at that point, why not have something savory to start off all these foods?

- Kuo Kun
Last edit: 16 Dec 2013 01:03 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
  • Aneira
  • Thank Yous: 12
19 Dec 2013 01:12 #18 by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook)
Replied by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook) on topic A Post To Lighten The Mood.
After readin' all the shenanigans on the several postings across several topics, just in the last month alone, I honestly t'ink I'll need a drink. Tha world is in ashes and all people can t'ink about is black 'n white. I'm na sayin' tat I be sittin' at a bar and drinkin' me troubles away, but can't we all fer once jus' get along and do what the gods ask o' us fer a change. They bloody asked fer balance, and we can'ne get 'r acts tagether ta give 'em that. I ain't one fer worship, and don'ne get an'eh ideas 'cus I ain't convertin', but can we raise a glass an appreciate tha we survived ta' nigh' of 'ell on earth? Dance, make merreh, an' rebuild, an' stop bein' so bloodeh serious all ta time, 'tis a mont' o' celebratin'

Slainte!

Selene Kerrigan
Healer of Ostcliff

(OOG: Ashley Firstbrook)

~A
OOG: Ashley Firstbrook
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds