A Cautionary Tale

• Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
12 Dec 2013 13:32 #1 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
A Cautionary Tale was created by Rudolf (Rudolf)
None of common rank shall mislead or abuse one of noble title, nor besmirch the reputation of one of noble title, nor encourage others to do so.

Whosoever breaks with this law shall be fined between ten and twenty gold pieces. If the convicted has broken with this law before, then the convicted will additionally spend from one to three months in the dungeon. If the convicted has broken with this law twice or more before, then the convicted will be publicly executed, will be stripped of all belongings, and upon the decision of the Baron may be exiled or obliterated.

The above law has been bandied about by individuals writing on this board recently. There is some disagreement as to how far this law goes, what its specifics are, and the definitions of the terms listed in the law itself.

Let me say this. If you are a commoner and a noble asks (or tells) you to do something. Just do it. Unless specifically ordered to by a noble of higher rank, it is simply safer for you in the long run. There is a wonderful list of the noble rankings available to all in the Baronial library if you are uncertain as to whom outranks whom.

The world nearly ended. Most nations are burning ruins. Much of the Kingdom of Kormyre across the Rift lies in absolute devastation. We here in Travance survived remarkably well. As such, a modicum of civilized life survives here. However, do not forget our current situation and how dire it truly is.

A modest example. Anywhere else, Goggins' statements towards Sir Slack would have resulted in Sir Slack burying two feet of fine Kormyrian steel right through Goggins' midsection. Knights have FAR more important matters to deal with besides arguing legal minutae with visiting Londwynians. Sir Slack's restraint shows the great lengths to which Sir Slack has gone to maintain civility. He has the full backing of the Barony.

Remember, not only do we have a Barony to rebuild, we have an entire world to assist in its rebuilding. Focus your efforts on helping the rebuilding efforts, not on argument, especially with those would have far more important things to do than putting quill to paper to answer your rather verbose replies.

If the topic above did not truly sink in, let me be clear. I expect no replies to this missive. I have more important things to do at the moment.

In Her Excellency's Name,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), McDermitt (Matt Quagz), Pappy (Quan), Moirya (Moirya), Tom P (Father Ridigan), Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds