Demons and the Revised Law

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 Mar 2014 18:45 #1 by geezer (geezer)
Demons and the Revised Law was created by geezer (geezer)
Two laws of the Barony have been revised as of last December. The following is in effect:

December 1213 - By Order of His Majesty, King Aleric II of Kormyre, the following law is hereby suspended until further notice.

None shall worship, nor preach, nor serve Malyc, Aguarra, Galmachis, Glomm, the demon Ramular, the demon Xualla, nor any demonic entities.

According to this, one may now serve demons. At considerable loss of life, Travance fought the demonic hordes and only succeeded in stopping them as the Exemplar of Janus Ilvannius appeared. Half the population of Arawyn perished.

I beg his Majesty to rescind the section of the revision of this law applying to demons.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
12 Mar 2014 19:53 - 12 Mar 2014 19:55 #2 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
PERHAPS THOSE IN CHARGE OF KEEPING THE LAWBOOK UP TO DATE SHOULD STOP QUIETLY SLIPPING EXTRA PIECES IN BETWEEN THE LINES

TZ.

(oog: not Angelica)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 19:55 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
12 Mar 2014 20:53 #3 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
Master, as I read this I feel maybe it is time to weigh in on letting others worship dark gods. Now the truth is, those who worship the darkness simply put have put their life on the line for Travance as well. Granted it was when destruction was staring them in the face, but a recent posting as somewhat swayed my mind to this whole dark and light thing. I can't remember who said this, but this is most certainly true. Without Light there cannot be darkness and without Darkness there cannot be light. I am not a worshiper of such gods, but I will say that I believe Dark God worship should be fully allowed. As for Demons no......... Just no...... Demons die at the end of my sword, necromancers die at the end of my sword, but people worshiping the other half of a world that has called for balance sits well with me. I like balance. I like seeing the Light and the Darkness shine all around us. All of us are some sort of man or woman. All of us make mistakes. All of us have triumphs

To not accept the fact that the Darkness needs to remain is to deny that you have ever done anything wrong, that you've never had failures, that you've never hated or have been hated. To deny darkness is to deny the blood that are on most of our hands. To deny the Light is denying that you've ever loved, that you've ever came back from the brink of death, that the blood on your hands was for something righteous. I have seen Travance and understand what the place is now. It is the center of Balance.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
12 Mar 2014 21:27 #4 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
I think Jack, no one has debated the worship of Dark Gods, though personally I find this distasteful and would be happy to share my opinion why, the intent was to bring up Demonic worship. I fully agree that demons hath no place here on our plane of existence. I would support any petition sent through proper channels to see this changed.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
12 Mar 2014 21:51 #5 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
An individual perspective,

Dark Gods themselves do not attack the barony; they are far more distant than demons are. Demons have been, are currently, and periodically show up to cause problems under direct supervision of powerful demons on a semi-regular basis. The worship of a demon, implies worshiping a hostile force which actively works against the proper; rather than potentially through tenants working against the proper. In the event a demon is worshiped, or a specific known being is discovered to be a demon.... I'm relatively certain that would constitute conspiring with the enemies of state.

In short; The next time someone says they worship Thallo; I'm pretty sure it's okay to light them on fire. Same principle applies.

R.S.

OOG: Daniel Osmun
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
12 Mar 2014 22:10 - 13 Mar 2014 07:38 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
Honestly as just a common person observing all this I just have one thing to say to all the loved "heroes" of travanse.

The gods may bring comfort to the people however it is conflicts like this that make the people suffer. I propose the outlandish idea of caring less about the god someone praise to and care more about the person standing next to us as they are as a person. I have seen both followers of light that murder with glee and followers of dark protect others. It is not what the person worships its the actions they take with others that make them who they are. I have taken this chance with the levity of the law to fully understand the dark as well as the light and I find that there is merit to both sides. Next time you think about causing pain and destruction for any sort of holier than thou attitude you might have I want you to stop for a second and think. "How many people are upset and scared and simply want guidance where they can find it?" In the end that is all each religion does at its base. Offer guidance and help to the scared and angry.

Signed
The Outspoken Commoner

(OOG the handwriting looks a little sloppy as if the quill was pressed a little harder against the parchment than needed.Also its not signed as Dominic )

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 13 Mar 2014 07:38 by Chesta (Kevin).
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
12 Mar 2014 22:17 - 12 Mar 2014 22:17 #7 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
WE WOULD HOPE THIS IS AN OVERSIGHT, CONSIDERING THE BLATANT CONTRADICTION NOW CONTAINED WITHIN THE LAWS

SUSPENDED: "NONE SHALL WORSHIP NOR PREACH NOR SERVE... THE DEMON RAMULAR THE DEMON XUALLA NOR ANY DEMONIC ENTITIES"
SUSPENDED: "NONE SHALL CALL FORTH PRAYERS NOR PERFORM RITUALS OF... THE DEMON RAMULAR THE DEMON XUALLA NOR ANY DEMONIC ENTITIES"

IN EFFECT: "NONE SHALL SUMMON DEMONIC FORCES NOR SERVE THEM NOR PERFORM RITUALS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEM"
IN EFFECT: "NONE SHALL SERVE OR AID AN ENEMY OF THE BARONY..."

XUALLA IS BOTH AN ENEMY OF THE BARONY AND A DEMONIC FORCE... RAMULAR IS ALSO A DEMONIC FORCE
WE SUGGEST SOME KIND OF THOUGHT BE PUT INTO THE CHANGES MADE TO LEGAL DOCUMENTS WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING... IT IS SLOPPY TO HAVE TO COVER UP YOUR MISTAKES AFTER THEY ARE NOTICED

AND YOUR SUBTLE ADDITION OF THE LAW REGARDING NECROMANCY DID NOT GO UNNOTICED... CONSIDERING THE FORMER BLOODTHIRST WHERE NECROMANCY WAS INVOLVED ONE WOULD HAVE TO ASSUME IT WAS ACTUALLY ILLEGAL TO BEGIN WITH!

TZ.

(oog: not Angelica)

OOG: Zelda Turqman
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 22:17 by Nicoletta (fyperia).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Dunn Ironwill
12 Mar 2014 23:13 #8 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
I'll put this simply then. Demons will only taste the end of my blade. And in fact, I will behead any demon I run into in my travels. Necromancers are lucky they have the King's protection.....

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
12 Mar 2014 23:13 #9 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
On the positive side, one less things to pester guards about.

- Kuo Kun
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
12 Mar 2014 23:47 - 12 Mar 2014 23:48 #10 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
Who cares if a towns person worships a demon? When that demon appears I am sure someone will decide to kill the demon, which will out all the worshipers as they desperately try to defend their 'god'. The problem will solve itself. Those who make poor choices will see their life fade from them in one way or another.

-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 23:48 by Narcis (ChrisR).
  • Dunn Ironwill
13 Mar 2014 01:35 #11 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
I have made a lot of bad choices and yet my life continues on. It hasn't even flickered a bit. I think a better thing to say is bad choices lead to bad things happening.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
13 Mar 2014 13:43 #12 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
Gentles - the purpose of my nailing this thick piece of paper to the doors of the inn was to bring the matter of demons to the attention of the King, Count and Baroness.

Sadly, the opinions and boasting of commoners will have no impact and will merely serve to cloud the waters.

I ask you to refrain from comments not germane to the topic.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
13 Mar 2014 14:12 #13 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
Master Haroldson, while I mean you no disrespect: his name is Janus Ivillious.

I do agree with Master Haroldson that this may have been an oversight. But all we can do is beseech his Majesty to clarify his intent.

As Master Haroldson has stated his opinion and reason for tacking this parchment to the wall, this discussion is considered closed as the will of the king is not up for debate, unless a noble of higher station sees fit to allow this to continue.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
13 Mar 2014 14:14 - 13 Mar 2014 14:15 #14 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Demons and the Revised Law
[strike]I doubt the Baroness will be pleased to here that your words represent her as one who would not take the opinions of her people into consideration, especially as you ask her to consider your own.

Perhaps you should send a missive to the King, Count, and Baroness each directly if you would rather not have commoners responding to your very public post.[/strike]

I apologize, Sir Cyper, I was posting as you were.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 13 Mar 2014 14:15 by Croínamara (Jen).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds