To those who are dwarf-friends

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
06 May 2014 23:59 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
To those who are dwarf-friends was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
This letter was sent to me by Seamus Aeislin

People of Travance and Sons and Daughters of Calasvorin,

As some of you are aware, one week after Xualla’s death, I embarked north to the Highlands with a force of a few hundred of my fellow countrymen, Dwarves and Northmen. Our intent was to purge remnants of Xualla’s horde from our people’s lands. After clearing the Highlands enough to be left in the hands of Duncan MacKenzie and his Black Watch, we turned to Calasvorin.

En route to receive specific orders from King Valdan, we cleared the fortress of Casr Mivodri. Upon meeting and receiving orders from the Dwarven king, we departed for Chrimbrazen by way of the city of Nemkir, which we also cleared, though the city is in great need of repair. This lead to the siege of the Demon controlled and occupied city of Chrimbrazen.

Chrimbrazen has been liberated. It was with great cost, but again; Chrimbrazen is free.

I cannot go into much detail right now as I am running low on parchment and ink, though the more pressing concern is holding funerary rites for the men I led that gave their lives reclaiming the city, of which there were many. Of my unit alone, we have sixty-three fallen, half again as many wounded and at least a dozen not accounted for. While they recover under Dwarven care for our push North, I will return to Travance to recover and gather supplies.

If you wish for more information about the battle or the campaign, please, ask when I return this moon.

Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!

- Seámus Aeislin of Clan MacInnes, Guard-Captain of Winterdark

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
07 May 2014 12:45 #2 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic To those who are dwarf-friends
Grim, thank you so much for sharing this.

I've been hearing rumors for the last few months but had gotten no substantive word from Seamus and was starting to get concerned.

Unfortunately he'll be back when I'm gone, so perhaps it is time to send him a raven, maybe this one will actually reach its subject.

This puts my mind at ease, where it has been very restless of late.

Thank you again,
-Thalia

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
08 May 2014 01:58 - 08 May 2014 01:59 #3 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic To those who are dwarf-friends
Grimkjell,

Thank you for relaying this information to us. I have been trying to stay in touch with Saemus, but work has lead me away from being able to write to him. I was worried that something like this would happen, but I am glad that he is returning for the feast.

Signed,

Father Elric Ashby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Last edit: 08 May 2014 01:59 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby).
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
09 May 2014 23:18 #4 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
Replied by Muzen (Yoshimatsu) on topic To those who are dwarf-friends
i am a friend of duergar....but wait,is that the wrong type of dwarf?

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
10 May 2014 17:18 #5 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic To those who are dwarf-friends
I dinnae t'ink that is a word. ye may be daft making t'ngs up. There are Dwarfs the hillfolk and Dark or Deep dwarvwes, nae such t'ings as duergar.

-Slightly Sane
Gonagle

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.537 seconds