Pots and Pans and Battle Plans

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Jun 2014 20:56 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Pots and Pans and Battle Plans was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Travance,

Our latest foe is a gang of wicked bards known as the "Hollow Song." They fight with their voices and therefore, it is voices that we need to defend against. One such skill is a Bardic song called "Lyric of Cacophany." I implore you to offer your own suggestions here as to how we are going to fight.

Nalick Underhill

The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Jun 2014 21:02 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Perhaps it is not wise to discuss battle plans on a public forum. Our allies as well as enemies can see all which is written here. Discussing something here could simply just have these enemies change tactics to combat our plans.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
05 Jun 2014 21:02 #3 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
The McKraegars have acquired a large quantity of devices that should counter the enemy's vocal abilities. We will take and train volunteers with as much haste as possible.

YHS,
Cyric McKraegar

Cyric McKraegar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
05 Jun 2014 22:24 #4 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Squire Renaith,

Our adversaries are time traveling storytellers who have blood on their hands.

They know our every move.

It's time we knew our own.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sindarion (Steven SA), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
05 Jun 2014 22:36 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
To all,

I am not kidding when I say that our adversary has the ability to manipulate the timestream.
They have removed parts of history.
Names have been forgotten at their hands.

Bardics have failed time and time again against these opponents.
They have been able to damage the weave and render us useless.
More than that, they have been known to make performance painful, and physically impossible.

We also know that they have the ability to manipulate other strands of the weave, but choose specifically to target orange strands - where bardics lies.

I do not believe our answer to their defeat lies in music alone, but in the nature of our abilities combined.

Druids, you specifically are needed.
The events over the last feast have brought to our attention the connection that must exist between the bards and the druids of Travance.
Please.
We must take this opportunity in full.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
05 Jun 2014 22:46 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Squire Rainith is correct. Our opponent is intelligent, cunning, and delights in making us feel helpless and stupid.

I am not saying we should not plan. But we should not plan in a public place, where they can read everything we are thinking.

Croinamara, I charge you with coordinating this effort in a less conspicuous place, and then disseminating the information in a non-written way (Or, destroying the informaiton when it is passed on). We can't have them picking up the instructions after the fact, then hopping back in time to use them against us. You are clever - I trust you to handle this.

In service to the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
05 Jun 2014 23:18 #7 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Gideon, while I agree that our battle plan should not be publicly aired, our knowledge of our foes should be. This is an enemy that has taken great pains to conceal as much about themselves as possible. Let us bring our knowledge of them to light.

I am currently waiting on word from the others who have taken it upon themselves to discover all that can be discovered about our foe. Once all the information has been compiled and organized, I request that I or another be allowed to post it upon the Baronial Notice Board, where it will be available for all subjects of Travance.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
05 Jun 2014 23:22 #8 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Consider my sword offered in assistance on this. I would not have our skalds silenced. How then would we hear how glorious our victories are?

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
05 Jun 2014 23:37 #9 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
I would find it incredibly amusing if we hired scholars and chroniclerites to record numerous tales of both victory and defeat about the Lorestri just to bite our thumbs at them. For the soul purpose of clouding the theoretical future timestream with false information.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
05 Jun 2014 23:45 #10 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Re:Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
The Druids of Travance shall aid you in what ever way we can. Croi I believe when we lat saw each other I showed you the location of our drop box. Tell us what you need and we will help you in what ever way possible.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
06 Jun 2014 00:14 - 06 Jun 2014 00:16 #11 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
The professor began filling me in on this new threat during our joint shift on Saturday evening. Although I lack the ability to do bardics myself, my talents are at your disposal if I can help.
-Thalia

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 06 Jun 2014 00:16 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
06 Jun 2014 00:23 #12 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Re:Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
I highly doubt this is a situation that can be solved by a sharp mithril edge. Never the less I offer my sword in assistance.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
06 Jun 2014 00:27 - 16 Jun 2014 01:53 #13 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Well, if the Anathema of The Hallowed Song is gathering this intelligence, allow me to address you crooks:

You have been tormenting us for millennia. You have erased entire chapters from scholars' history books and stole the words of our ancestors so we may never speak their tales ever again. You continually sunder The Weave and take away the righteous power of your enemies. You threaten the beauty of song and story and that -

THAT is unforgivable.

Good people, imagine a world without music - without a single note ever to be sung by the birds in the sky, the priests in their chants, or your friends who drink in the taverns and make merry with you. Imagine our lives covered in the shroud of darkness after The Hallowed Song takes away all our our traditions and everything our forefathers have learned since the beginning of time. When everything we know is erased from our memory and all that the world will be left with is a rotten shell of creatures with no identity and no purpose in life, The Anathema will win.

We will not let this happen. We will make the Anathema pay for every single life they ruined and for every single sanction they defiled. For the longest time, performers and entertainers used to be the fools The Hallowed Song toyed with, until now.

So, heed us, Dischordants, for we will never let the song die! You gather more and more enemies every hour and so it will be until every one of you is destroyed!

Oh, I cannot wait until the day comes when every one on this good earth will hold a blade to your throats

...and that day will come sooner than you'll think. We will laugh in your faces, we will sing our victory songs and regale our grandchildren in the tales of your defeat.

Anathema of The Hallowed Song, you are in for a most exciting ride.

-Rowan

(OOG) Teresa Amore
Last edit: 16 Jun 2014 01:53 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa). Reason: grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • PIT DAWWWWWWG
  • Good luck, TO ME! Wah ha ha!
  • Thank Yous: 68
06 Jun 2014 20:44 #14 by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous)
Replied by PIT DAWWWWWWG (Aldous) on topic Pots and Pans and Battle Plans
Wow, they got the Hobbit angry. Even I can't get much of a rise out of a Hobbit without having to resort to throwing their dinner plate at a wall.

I'll be sure to give any of these dark Bard-types the old-fashioned choir boy treatment if they cross me and raise their pitch a few octaves.

I'm not as stupid as you think I am,
But I AM as strong as I think I am.

Hengis Grumblegut
The Pit Dog
((OOG: Keath Geranios))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), rivanyasi (rivanyasi), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds