Church of Light Mass

19 Jun 2014 03:54 - 19 Jun 2014 11:26 #1 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Church of Light Mass was created by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
There will be a Church of Light Mass at Saturday around the second hour after noon. It will be conducted at the Monastery and all are welcome to attend. Church of Light Clergy and those Clergy of the Neutral Gods are invited to speak and participate as they may. I am still looking for commitments of the Priests and or Preistesses that are willing to conduct the Mass. Please message me for those who wish to speak, so I can remind thee when I see thee.

Dark Clergy are welcome as are those who follow the Dark pantheon. The only rule is that thee be respectful of our ceremony.

Listen for the Monastery Bell around the second or so hour in the afternoon on Saturday for the exact time it will begin.

May the Light bless thee.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2014 11:26 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
19 Jun 2014 09:02 #2 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic Church of Light Mass
I will speak Brother Aldric. I want to speak about Respect.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
19 Jun 2014 12:08 #3 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Church of Light Mass
When there is a Light Mass that does not involve dark clergy, let me know and I will attend. Instead of including those who worship the dark ones, how about including those who revere the Gods of Light?

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Andy (Andy)
19 Jun 2014 12:31 #4 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Church of Light Mass
Those who revere the Gods of Light at Mass will miss thee Master Silverbow.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
19 Jun 2014 12:47 #5 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Church of Light Mass
I wish to speak. I do not follow a god yet, but I can speak of friends and the importance of the bonds one makes as they travel along their thread.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Pat
  • Thank Yous: 9
19 Jun 2014 12:51 - 19 Jun 2014 12:53 #6 by Pat (Pjort)
Replied by Pat (Pjort) on topic Church of Light Mass
And we will miss thee "Followers of the Light".
-Edgar

Pat H.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2014 12:53 by Pat (Pjort).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy)
19 Jun 2014 12:57 #7 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Lay practioners and those interested may speak, thou art welcome to, Jack. Again, the only rule is to be respectful.

Dark Clergy, while welcome, are asked to not speak before the Atlar of Light. No affront is meant, and I would expect the same restriction be placed on myself in similar circumstances.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
19 Jun 2014 13:16 #8 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic Church of Light Mass
Am I to understand that you are hosting a "Church of Light Mass" but are allowing those who are the antithesis of the followers of Light to attend? What is the point of stating the specific type of mass and breaking away from those specifities? Why hold a mass that sets ideals that are proportionately opposite from the dark worshipers? Why has the Church of Light so openly welcomed those of the shadows? You should just say "Mass" next time so as to not confuse anybody.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Andy (Andy), Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
19 Jun 2014 13:33 #9 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Sir Silverbow,

To repeat mine answer to thine Master Silverbow, those who revere the Gods of Light will be in attendance. I am quite sure, if thee attend, that thee wouldst find thine concerns unfounded. We welcome all of Travance with open arms. But as to the specifics of a Light Mass, I have made them quite clear. Respectfully, the only confusion appears to lie with thee, come to Mass, Sir Silverbow and allow us to help thee understand.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Lathiel
  • The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.
  • Thank Yous: 52
19 Jun 2014 13:47 #10 by Lathiel (Lathiel)
Replied by Lathiel (Lathiel) on topic Church of Light Mass
I fully understand that the followers of light will be there. I have yet to understand the motives behind the allowance of followers of the dark gods to a Church of Light's Mass. It's very contradictory to have a Church of Light allow followers of the Dark Church. Why have two completely independent entities just to allow them to intermingle? It's amazing how if such a thing happened six months ago, there would be an outrage and rumors of blasphemy.

Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow
Master of the Mages' Guild
Paladin of the White Fox

While others succumb, we overcome. ~ Silverbow Motto
OOG - Nick B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
19 Jun 2014 15:00 #11 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Church of Light Mass
Sir Silverbow if I may,

Aldric is hoping to try and stop the prejudice against the Dark Clergy. Prejudice is a problem in a Travance, Dwarfs to goblin types, Light to Dark, Northmen to Mages. If Travance is to survive another war, we must be able to band together under one flag. We all have different views, but we must all fight as one. Did the Dark Clergy not help us against Xualla? They were willing to fight and die to protect their home. To me, as long as they are willing to shed blood and fight as hard as we all do, then I welcome them to join us in our fight to live.

Too many people are enemies to one another in Travance. We must end hatred by extending a hand of friendship. That is the only way we can truly live in peace.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
19 Jun 2014 15:20 #12 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Church of Light Mass
Greetings,

I am considering attending this event and was wondering: Will any refreshments be served? Should I prepare to bring my own?

Kind regards,
Kuo Kun
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
19 Jun 2014 15:30 #13 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Church of Light Mass
Sir Silverbow,

With all due respect, how would we expect the shadows to be illuminated, without any light shed upon them?

Should we simply leave darkness be? If there is a glimmer of hope that there could be light there if someone was brave enough to hold some into the shadows?

True blasphemy, in my humble opinion; is abandoning the people we care about into the shadows. We do not do this, instead we welcome them with open arms for a chance that they might find some light in our words and our actions. Such is the intent, not offense, not discrimination. Compassion, without prejudice.

Please try to find it within yourselves to see, light and darkness exist in us each. Come to mass, if you'd like to. We are all free to make our own choices.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Thank Yous: 9
19 Jun 2014 16:49 #14 by Pat (Pjort)
Replied by Pat (Pjort) on topic Church of Light Mass
I think there is some major confusion here,

Dark Paladins and members of the Dark Clergy are not misunderstood victims of prejudice, they are not goblins disliked by Dwarves, or mages disliked by Northmen. These people are men and women that have pledged themselves to the Darkness and to the Dark Gods, these are people who have made pacts with demons and devils in return for strange and terrible powers.

These powers are not an illness or a malady, they are given for a reason, The greater entities of Darkness gift these powers in return for the recipient to do their bidding. If these people had no intentions of doing these terrible things then they would not have these powers

Such as a thief will not have the blessings of a Paladin, a good person would not have the powers of a Dark Paladin.

The fact that you want to help them and lead them back to the light is a good thing, but do not be confused or mislead, these people are not good, and if they seem good, it is because they want you to think that they are good, in order to earn your trust.

Be warned,
-Edgar of Pendarvin

Pat H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), McDermitt (Matt Quagz), Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
19 Jun 2014 17:55 #15 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
I would ask that all of thee leave off posting an argument to this board. This was a simple announcement, nothing more.

Any further concerns can be sent directly to myself as coordinator of the Mass or to my superior, the Bishop. As I said, all are welcome to Mass, but regardless of source of thine baptism, Light Dark or Neutral, attend with an open heart and respectful manor.

Templar Aldric
Templar of Valos

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
20 Jun 2014 09:27 - 20 Jun 2014 09:31 #16 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Church of Light Mass
Imagine the headway Travance could make on most of its problems if it focused all of its internal squabbling towards external threats!

Regardless, I appreciate the attempted inclusiveness of the Church of Light. We are all Travancians, be we dedicated to the Light, Dark, or... neutral-ness... we all can work together to build a more hopeful future.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 20 Jun 2014 09:31 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
20 Jun 2014 11:43 - 20 Jun 2014 11:44 #17 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Church of Light Mass
Don't forget the non-!

Although I may not be able to stay for long, I'll try to bring either food or drink, since it seems to be lacking. Maybe something fruitlike; farms seem to have some choice produce.

-Kuo Kun
Last edit: 20 Jun 2014 11:44 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
06 Jul 2014 23:34 - 07 Jul 2014 01:47 #18 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Church of Light Mass
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

To those of you who recognize me, it was an honor to have met you. I am taking up residence in Travance and will be making myself available to any who might need my protection or support.

The church and it's patrons will be my first devotion, including those coming to pray and any who are seeking shelter from the dark.

I do not wish to reignite debate on what has become a tired or obvious subject, but I for one am happy to see those who have been lost to darkness walking openly among us again. There is only one possible outcome when a shadow is met by the light of day, like when a lie is unveiled by the light of truth. The shadow vanishes. Be it by the cut of the sword or by the guidance of reason, no shadow can survive or overcome the influence of the light.

So brothers and sisters, be not worried of the presence of shadow. Any who have been touched by darkness may approach me and I will speak with them in reason and without fear.

Though hear this: I will suffer no dark prayer or dark proclamations to pollute the sanctity of the church grounds or it's patrons hearts. Know that if you carry the dark with you in anger when you approach my people I will destroy your body and release your soul for what judgement the gods may give.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

Last edit: 07 Jul 2014 01:47 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
08 Jul 2014 02:49 #19 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Church of Light Mass

Brother Aldric wrote: I would ask that all of thee leave off posting an argument to this board. This was a simple announcement, nothing more.

Any further concerns can be sent directly to myself as coordinator of the Mass or to my superior, the Bishop. As I said, all are welcome to Mass, but regardless of source of thine baptism, Light Dark or Neutral, attend with an open heart and respectful manor.

Brother Aldric,

I will respect your request and be in your company on that Saturday.

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds