Notices, 10th-13th iterations

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
05 Jul 2014 10:48 #1 by Goggs (coryan)
Notices, 10th-13th iterations was created by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 1st of July:

To all Physicians and Healers

To all the Physicians and Healers Of Travance

I Sir Pluvious humbly request an audience with you all this coming moon. I will make a formal announcement during feast and will making my presence known throughout the proper so that those of you that have questions may sit with me. Should you have questions in the mean time please send a letter to Healer Albert Aegeus for he is quite versed and up to date on whats happening. Please note that should you get a letter from Master Albert regarding this matter know it is by my order. Also note that all letters to him are being transcribed to me so that I can read them a and be kept up to date on all concerns or question so I can better answer them. I look forward to speaking with you all.

Forever you humble servant

Sir Pluvious

How are we supposed to trust anything you say if your sheep refuse to tell us anything?
I don't think secret cult meetings are the way to get anyone to believe in your garbage.
How about you inform the public instead of leading more livestock off the cliff?

K. Vantas

Oh hush, there.

At what time shall this meeting take place?

F.S.

Dear K Vantas

Its came to my attention that you have some questions and concerns. If you feel the need to Question me on My actions please feel free to come and pay me a visit. I will be more than happy to tell you all. But Mr Vantas I will expect you be more mindful on how you speak to me and any other Noble. One might think that you feel that it is ok speak your mind in such a dismissive manner. I have lived in Travance for over 14 years have seen many a people come and.... go. I know the meaning of respect and honor. Mr Vantas I will also ask you refrain threatening any of my vassals from this day forward, I find your attitude quite distasteful. Never again are you to address me in such a disrespectful manner going forward. You may not know me mr k Vantas but I know you.

Sir Pluvious Knight

Or I can snap every bone in your hands, FS.

That quivering bloodbag, Albert, refused to tell me anything.
How about your sheep stops hiding the information he said he'd give out?

K. Vantas

Dear K Vantas

Oh I did not know you were a healer or Physician now, that was my mistake... oh wait your not either. Forgive me mr k vantas since you are clearly neither it was MY direct order for my people not to speak a word to anyone was not one of the two mentioned above. I have taken this liberty to underline the two said groups, just in case you needed further visual explanation. I do hope this settles the matter for you.

Sir Pluvious

Pluvious,

I have no idea why you would like to gather all of our healers and physicians into one place, as well as announcing the time and location of this meeting. This seems like a poor choice, especially since this could prove potentially dangerous. It has also been brought to my attention that you claim to be the protector of all healers in the proper, yet seemingly we have had no contact other than passing introductions. Please consider speaking to the wardens of the Healing Phokus before concerning yourself with any matters regarding any issues involving matters which can possibly affect the well-being of those attuned, and who may also fall under my jurisdiction as a warden of the Phokus, or as Court Healer of Drega'mire. I would ask that you reconsider this announcement until speaking with myself or Lady Tartaros.

Signed,

Kael Hearne

You make another mistake in thinking you know everything about me or what I am capable of.
But how dare I show any concern for my brother or his well being.
No, it doesn't settle it. It just shows you're avoiding the answer.

K Vantas

Karkat, I will not hesitate to order your execution a second time, and carry it out myself. Sane or not, you are on notice. Tread carefully.

Warden Kael, While your intentions may be good and your presence valued in Travance, your tone to this noble feels condescending. Perhaps it is because you must refer to nobility by using thier granted title. Pluvious has earned the title Sir, and you do the Kingdom a great disservice by disrespecting that, intentional or otherwise.

In light of recent events I will be resuming full and direct control over the Barony of Travance. When I arrive it will be I who meets with all of the healers of Travance to discuss how things will operate moving forward.

Count Sebastian Everest

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Jul 2014 10:49 #2 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Notices, 10th-13th iterations
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 2nd of July:

Gaian Mass for July

I will be holding a distinctly Gaian Mass on Friday night at midnight at the Baroness’ Manor. Immediately following Mass, there will be a simple celebration of Mixolydia Heartwoode. There will be food. If anyone would like to assist with preparations or make donations of food, please contact me privately. All are welcome.

Mother Maralas Silverstream

Having attended many of Maralas' masses in the past, I want to make sure people understand that while the mass is Gaian in structure and theme, it is not only for Gaians.

Caldor (Eirson)

But will it ever be July?

~Tobar Moroz Rasia

I have faith in Gaia, Arawyn, the team that you and the Guildmaster are putting together, and the dedication of the people of Travance. So yes, it will eventually be July.

Caldor (Eirson)

I wouldn't mind if the weather skipped July and moved right to Fall.

Templar Rayven Nightwing

Proclamation of the Guildmaster of the Mage's Guild

Re-posted at the behest of Guildmaster Silverbow.

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance has a continued relationship with the Crown, which was reaffirmed at a meeting with his Majesty, King Aleric, and

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance is charged to defend the Weave both actively and reactively and to watch for, hunt down, and destroy those who are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

Whereas the Guildmaster is charged to see that the laws of the guild are enforced, and

Whereas the practice of necromancy is a threat to the Weave and those who practice necromancy are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Practitioners of demonic magic are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Supporters or practitioners of black sorcery are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

The laws of magic and the Weave apply to all, not just those who are guilded to a mages Guild,

I, Ardin Silverbow, make the following declarations:

Crimes against the Weave and of Magic will be enforced by the Guild separate from Civil authority,

Necromancers and those who utilize necromantic texts, scrolls or other writings shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Demonic Magic shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Black Sorcery shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

The Hollow Song is a threat to the Weave and those who utilize it shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment.

Subjects of Travance who are not guilded to a Mage's Guild are under no compulsion to act to apprehend the enemies of the Weave, but should realize the importance of the integrity of the Weave and how it relates to our continued existence.

In the Service of Magic and the Weave,

Ardin Silverbow

Brotherhood of Shadows

If interested meet at the docks by the lake on the 25th of July at midnight.

Zatar Kane

Self-replicating paper

Wotcher,

Last night, I had a bash at putting together a device that would create copies of handwritten notes. Such a device was theorised by Professor De Vancauson a few years ago; after having had some success replicating his mechanised automota, I thought I might do well to attempt to construct another design of his.

However, after a few hours of tightening sprockets and assembling submechanisms, all I managed to achieve was a large explosion, several piles of burnt blueprints, a newly-ventilated roof, and some very unhappy neighbours.

This morning, after reflection on last night's experimental forays, I believe that the best approach may in fact be the simplest. You will note that two items are adhered to the noticeboard next to my message here: A large, flat slab that the more alkhemically-minded of you might recognise as charcoal, and a glass mirror.

In order to make copies of a handwritten note, place a piece of parchment over this charcoal slab. Then, place a second piece of parchment over the first. Write your message upon this second piece of parchment. When you have finished, take the first piece of parchment out from under it, and hold it up in front of the mirror. Behold! You have successfully copied your message!

The system may not work particularly well today, as I've only just put this one together, but if you have any feedback on this experimental arrangement, please do pass it on to me, and I'll try to build a better version "tomorrow."

- A. C. Goggins

Mr. Goggins, you are a brilliant man. In the future, however, if you do manage to create some automation that will allow one to copy words, I will most certainly love to use it every so often. Copying scripts, as I've recently discovered, is rather drudging work.

~Sindarion Sinclair

An expiriment on permanence

In the course of business of the Baronial Guard, I conducted an experiment over the past two nights.
I had attached a single silver coin to an amulet of one caught in the loop I knew I would see the next night. He had not left my sight before the usual time reset. Upon meeting him the next night, the coin was gone, and no hint of the adhesive remained either.
I don't know what to make of this, but I hope it can be of help.

-Imrahil

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Jul 2014 10:50 #3 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 3rd of July:

Gaian Mass for July

I will be holding a distinctly Gaian Mass on Friday night at midnight at the Baroness’ Manor. Immediately following Mass, there will be a simple celebration of Mixolydia Heartwoode. There will be food. If anyone would like to assist with preparations or make donations of food, please contact me privately. All are welcome.

Mother Maralas Silverstream

Self-replicating Paper

Wotcher,

Attached here is a simple means by which you might be able to replicate your notices. Instructions are as follows:

... You will note that two items are adhered to the noticeboard next to my message here: A large, flat slab that the more alkhemically-minded of you might recognise as charcoal, and a glass mirror.

In order to make copies of a handwritten note, place a piece of parchment over this charcoal slab. Then, place a second piece of parchment over the first. Write your message upon this second piece of parchment. When you have finished, take the first piece of parchment out from under it, and hold it up in front of the mirror. Behold! You have successfully copied your message!

The observant reader will notice that these words are exactly the same as those I wrote "yesterday." Why, but of course they are; for they were prepared using the very same method that they themselves describe!

I hope that these facilities prove useful to you, dear reader, as you attempt to retain both your sanity and your personal notes through the duration of this temporal phenomenon.

- A. C. Goggins

Proclamation of the Guildmaster of the Mage's Guild

Re-posted at the behest of Guildmaster Silverbow.

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance has a continued relationship with the Crown, which was reaffirmed at a meeting with his Majesty, King Aleric, and

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance is charged to defend the Weave both actively and reactively and to watch for, hunt down, and destroy those who are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

Whereas the Guildmaster is charged to see that the laws of the guild are enforced, and

Whereas the practice of necromancy is a threat to the Weave and those who practice necromancy are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Practitioners of demonic magic are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Supporters or practitioners of black sorcery are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

The laws of magic and the Weave apply to all, not just those who are guilded to a mages Guild,

I, Ardin Silverbow, make the following declarations:

Crimes against the Weave and of Magic will be enforced by the Guild separate from Civil authority,

Necromancers and those who utilize necromantic texts, scrolls or other writings shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Demonic Magic shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Black Sorcery shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

The Hollow Song is a threat to the Weave and those who utilize it shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment.

Subjects of Travance who are not guilded to a Mage's Guild are under no compulsion to act to apprehend the enemies of the Weave, but should realize the importance of the integrity of the Weave and how it relates to our continued existence.

In the Service of Magic and the Weave,

Ardin Silverbow

(Unsigned, presumed The Right Honourable Lois Maxwell)

Morning Mass

I am considering holding Kaladonia' light mass in the morning. Perhaps 9:30 or 10 am. I know there are some who are up at this hour, either as early risers or having not gone to sleep. Would a mass at this hour be of interest to people?

Caldor (Eirson)

I will be there.

Maralas Silverstream

Yes! I would be very glad to attend and maybe speak if you want me to.

In Light, Life, and Love,

Gwynedd

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Jul 2014 10:53 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 4th of July:

Morning Mass

I am considering holding Kaladonia' light mass in the morning. Perhaps 9:30 or 10 am. I know there are some who are up at this hour, either as early risers or having not gone to sleep. Would a mass at this hour be of interest to people? In particular, would any non-clergy be able or willing to attend?

Caldor (Eirson)

Breakfast is served from (roughly) 9 AM until 1030 or 11.

Edwin Haroldson

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.507 seconds