Notices, 3rd-9th iteration

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
06 Jul 2014 12:39 - 06 Jul 2014 13:00 #1 by Goggs (coryan)
Notices, 3rd-9th iteration was created by Goggs (coryan)
It appears that time has, at least for the moment, stopped looping back upon itself. For reference, here are the notices that were displayed in the inn during the first week of the trouble.

Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 24th of June:

A Vision

I had a vision of someone who can help us solve this issue of time. He expected that this time distortion would occur. It is my theory that the events of last weekend may have caused this problem to occur earlier than anticipated. This man is known to Travance and especially to the Mage's Guild--this man is Klarington Everest.

I will attempt to contact him and ask for his assistance.

Ardin Silverbow

I had this vision as well, Guild Master. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. Tobar is very out of sorts over this and I'm sure he would be willing to do whatever he can to help, too.

Ruindol Rasia

If Time manipulation is at work, there is someone we know well who is a master of it. Now a farmer, was a baron.

(Miss'ess Kleidin Du Tenkukai)

I need to make this absolutely clear to everyone.

Klarington is to be approached only by a small group of people, unless he tells us otherwise. The whole of Travance showing up on his doorstep would cause far worse problems than a temporal anomoly.

Unless commanded otherwise by a Lord, Giuldmaster Arden Silverbow will choose a team to accompany him and speak to Klarington.

Understand that I am normally against exclusivity and small groups, but this is an example where more people is more danger. Anyone who has further information should coordinate with the Guildmaster in person, as this note may vanish tonight.

Sir Gideon Weaveforger

I have to fully agree with Sir Weaveforger. It needs to be a small group because anything more will make things more difficult by making it look more urgent. There is a lot more at stake than most think. I witnessed just how close a disaster was avoided a year or so back when I met him with a small group. If anyone wishes to know more about what I speak of, please send me a missive.

Sir Lathiel 'The Scourge' Silverbow

(followed by offers of assistance from Miss'ess Rasia, Mister Dimms, Mister Eirson, Squire Sinclair, and one other)

Weave Damage

Attention Subjects of Travance:

There is a strange anomaly occurring throughout the area. From 10 Bells in the evening to Midnight, damage to the Weave is evident and appears to be the same amount of damage caused by the Hollow Song. At midnight all is normal.

The Mage's Guild will attempt to determine how widespread the damage is at this point.

You might notice that any messages left at the Inn are missing. This seems to be a result of this anomaly.

At this time I suggest that the Inn be closed for at least these 2 hours until we can determine if the area is safe.

I will keep everyone informed of any progress that is made.

Ardin Silverbow

Wotcher,

As a precaution and frustration-saving measure, please consider making a copy of any messages you see fit to put on display in the Inn or other local message-sharing noticeboard.

If any local groups have not observed this phenomenon, would they be so kind as to mention such? It might help determine whether the effect has any spatial limits.

Thankyou for your continued assistance.

A. C. Goggins

I can observe that the Monastery is effected by this phenomena. Posts made last night after 10pm disappeared.

Brother Aldric

This is not localized to the inn.

Birgitta Drexel

No, Birgitta, it is not. The disturbance has reached out quite a distance with no particular pattern.

Ardin Silverbow

Master Silverbow. After reading your words, I am thinking that I am being affected by that which you speak in a rather profound, personal manner. If you wish to discuss it, I will write you more privately.

--Lawrence Starling

Master Silverbow,

The effects also encompass the Armory and the Guard.

-Duncan MacKenzie

It seems that individual experiences of this anomaly are different. It would help with the Guild's research if we compile all of the experiences.

Anyone whose perception of events differ from what they have seen here is asked to send a missive to the Mage's Guild to my attention.

We will strive to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Ardin Silverbow

Tobar and I rode out to Aurellion 'yesterday' to see if the distortion was contained to be just within the proper or not. The effects are far reaching, because at precisely twelve bells time reset and everybody we spoke to stated that it was Saturday of her Excellency's Feast. This distortion may in fact encompass Arawyn.

Ruindol Rasia

I'm doing a bit of what Goggins calls an experiment with this situation. I'll be sending out the results privately tomorrow.

Birgitta Drexel

Having talked with quite a few people while waiting to leave, there seems to be growing concern about being overrun by creatures because the heroes have 'not appeared' for the feast. With their memories altered, might I suggest a few of us try to keep them calm so we don't have them panicking whilst we are trying to identify a way to fix the issue?

Thalia Burdorn

Thalia while that is true our yesterday I sent out assistance from my trainees. They were in the very same state this cycle as they were on the last. They will be Again on our tomorrow their today until this is resolved.

Birgitta Drexel

Which means that we don't have to worry as much becuase we roughly know what will happen for the rest of today. At least as far as the townspeople are concerned. And what will happen tomorrow. Rather, our tomorrow. The third day.

Thalia Burdorn

That is part of what my experiment might just show. I sent the means and thoughts to Master Silverbow. Reports suggest you will experience this outside of this immediate region too. You may wish too postpone your trip.

Birgitta Drexel

... I would not be able to comment on them, but it does indeed look like for the time being that there seems to be no consequences for any actions or inaction. Now certainly seems to be a time for indulgence.

What about commodities, food stuffs, wine, metals, forget the people themselves, what about the town itself, if one creates something other than these scrolls does it fade? Has anyone tried to forge a blade, is it un-forged or unmade at 12 bells? Is the food consumed by us, or the peasants un-consummed? Lets take this time to see what exactly is effected. If one of these common people dies, do they reappear?

Atrus

As everything is the same over and over exactly as the day before, I'm up for some time experiments.

-Ib

If transactions made are reversed, I believe that many businesses will suffer. I for one, would be taking mine elsewhere if coin I earned disappeared from my purse or bank account.

-Sergei Petsho

A few items...

(...)

Ib: ...I give you kudos for your idea on experiments; it is a sound one and there are such already going on..

Let those with the knowledge of Arcane and what not to do their investigation and work, Aye?

Sergeant Duncan MacKenzie

SERGEI... WE FAIL TO SEE HOW A BUSINESS CAN EITHER SUFFER OR PROSPER IN THIS SITUATION IF TIME IS NOT TRULY PASSING

TZ.

If it helps any, whilst heading to the river to take care of my morning routine, I have seen the same fish jump out of the lake everyday for the last three days. Same exact spot, just when I have finished washing my hair. I know it is the same fish for it was the same glimmering spot upon it's head.

What is even stranger is that last night, I caught the fish for dinner..... this morning...... it was there again......

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

It was suggested that I postpone my trip to Calasvorin/the Highlands, but I pose a question. Would it be useful to have confirmation of these events in the corners that far from Travance? As it seems that we are all unaffected, the worse that would happen would be... A daily dose of events repeating? As I need to go that way anyway, I can at least do some scouting and, assuming it is timed correctly - assuming that everything tonight again resets at 10 bells? - perhaps send word back.

Thalia Burdorn

Whatever this is, the animals of Kaladonia also believe it is still the Baronial Feast day

Kleidin Du Tenkukai Laurant-Belmont

Atrus,

Your last remark raises a good point, I will make a bow and ten arrows once ten bells hits, I will tell you all what happens.

Signed
Father Elric.

Thalia

If you wish yo go then by sll means go but do be careful startling people with a sudden inexplicable appearance from their perspective could prove hazardous to your well being.

I have dome preliminary results that fit my theory so far. Reporting them to Master Silverbow using him as point fiancé this will be gone in hours.

Birgitta Drexel

I won't be leaving for a few days, but when I do I promise I'll be careful. I'll come and find you before I do. In the meantime, I'm here for the next few days. I don't want to leave before what should be Thursday. Let me know if I can help with your experiment.

Thalia Burdorn

Unless you plan on walking to the highlands, alone you will not make it there. Caravans, horses, all forms of transportation reset. I rode a horse towards the rift "Monday" since I had to travel. "Tuesday" morning it was gone. I walked back to the very stables I left from, there it was. It appears that the only form of reliable travel is our own two feet.

Squire Caelvan Renaith

Squire that confirms every other report I've gotten. Thank you. Every point of information helps. Anyone check the stars movement in the heavens regularly? I know they move but lack the ability to see or calculate such thing.

Birgitta Drexel

Wotcher Sergeant Drexel,

A very intelligent line of inquiry, no doubt. Should Misters Tycho or Von Kreutzdorf be able to read these messages, they might perhaps be able to offer some insight into the motion of the stars in the heavens. Would you be able to liaise with them?

It feels odd to say this... but, somehow, I know that there are a type of mage-ician known as a Sorceror, and that these people are able to perform a... Recipe? Ritual? It elucidates the future? That's right, isn't it? Considering our present predicament, the results of such scrying might be rather interesting - indeed, perhaps they will offer us more clues as to how we might reverse the situation.

Finally: as we approach midnight this evening, I would ask that anyone who has read this and has an interest in aiding our continued investigations to perform a single small measurement. If possible, go outside and... again, I apologise if this sounds absurd, but: smell the wind. Take a good sniff. If you detect a faint whiff (or more than a faint whiff) of the aroma of rotten eggs, please let the Guildmaster know about it. Such smells are caused by inclusions of Sulphur, which is present in the residue left in the aftermath of a phenomenon known as "Weave Burn."

Thankyou for your continued assistance.

- A. C. Goggins

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 06 Jul 2014 13:00 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:39 #2 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Notices, 3rd-9th iteration
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 25th of June:

A Ballad on Bards

There was once a sylvan elf, in nobility did she rise,
I recall the night her title earned, seen with my very eyes.
I stood atop a balcony, in the dark that winter kept,
I watched this with a peasant’s awe in rafters that I crept.

There was once a songstress, whom from many songs did stem,
In the clouds, she called my name, I knelt at her royal hem.
I asked if I could ever sing, and if I could, then how,
The lady embraced me warmly, and kissed me ‘pon my brow.

There was the lady’s daughter fair, her voice just as divine,
Her hair was like the pale moonlight, in darkness it did shine.
She taught a tune to take us home, and learn it I did well,
For her visage and her voice, thought I, enchanted like a spell.

There was a time I tried my luck in service for my land,
Not just ‘fore lord and lady, but the elf, too, I did stand.
A story weaved I upon my lips, yet every word was true,
She appointed me as her valet, loyal through and through.

There was a time my harp had wept, water down her face,
A vessel was tipped over in a movement lacking grace.
To save her wood and strings and song, to heal her from her hurts,
The lady wiped her tears away, and dried them with her skirts!

There was a time I took a rest, all betwixt toil and strife
The maiden gave a gift to me, like none I’d seen in life.
A book of black and gold she gave, bestowed to keep my song,
With words of wisdom writ inside to keep my path from wrong.

There were many weighted burdens within the elven reign,
However gilded it may seem, a chain is still a chain.
Her time had come, the guard arrived, he handed her the key,
And as she took it in her hand, she found her destiny.

There was a time when hope seemed lost, our luck was running thin,
In that hour we were forgotten, t’was oblivion we were in.
The lady willed us robes of white, and with a final song,
She brought us back to life and time and to the battle strong.

There was a battle I had fought, atop the grass and stone
The lady’s blessing gave me thoughts and talents not my own
When suddenly, his strength grew still, and ringing through the night
I felt the lady resign her life with a flash of blinding light.

There, in time, the battle won, but at a heavy cost
Brothers and sisters I knew not regretfully were lost.
I did not see all those that fell, but their killers we had slew
But lo, the elf and maiden fair now were the only two.

There was one final journey to the castle on the cloud,
O, such melancholy dolor around us did enshroud!
Lights that once gleamed across our view were now dark, sad, and dim,
Our demeanors all reflected this, countenances grim.

There was a final song we shared, one that the lady sung,
My heart was heavy in my chest as words fell from my tongue.
The maiden gave us all a gift, to be used for good or ill,
And soon t’was time for us to go… I pray with her good will.

Oh, would I see that keep aglow with lights just like before,
Or to travel to and from that place with a song-strewn door!
I wished to be the last to go, or simply just to stay,
Yet I knew I still had works to do, thus I headed on my way.
I picked my loyal Heartstrings up, and told the maiden fair,
I wished to help in any way, and to this I would swear.
She charged me with one simple task, to which I did agree:
“Share the Song,” is what she whispered, which I shall do with thee.
And now, my friends, with you I share my tale, so please take note.
Pray, listen to the song I sing, this ballad that I wrote,
For the elf that took me in, the lady’s magic isle,
And to the lovely maiden, for I wish to see her smile.

I know this message will disappear as soon as the sun sets once more, but that shall not stop me from sharing this with you, even if it is for a scant day.

I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter.

~Sindarion Sinclair

Coordinating the Information about the time loop

Good morning, Travance. If we have never met, my name is Lois Maxwell, and I am a scholar here in town. At the behest of Guildmaster Silverbow, I am coordinating any information gleaned about the time loop we are stuck in. Please let me know anything at all you discover about this phenomenon. Also, please tell me any stories you remember of Klarington Everest or the events of the last time he was in town.

Scholars, some of you I will speak to more directly, but in general we are looking for research on this phenomenon and Klarington Everest. Also, if any of you out there know a good deal about ancient rituals, please send me a letter immediately.

Questions:
-How far outside Travance has this spread?
-Did anyone notice the smell of Weaveburn this morning (smells of rotten eggs/sulphur)?
-Our memories remain untampered with - do our bodies? Was anyone exceptionally hungry this morning, as if, say, you hadn't eaten since the first Saturday?
-Does Arawyn recognize what is going on, or is she affected as well?

I made note of he position of the stars last night, and will compare them to tonight's sky.

What we know:
-Saturday is repeating itself from the period of midnight to 10pm. The hours between 10pm and midnight seem to be lost.
-Anything we create, including anything we write down, vanishes.
-The animals of the land are also caught in the loop.
-Anyone who travels anywhere but on foot will have themselves returned to their origin as their mode of transportation resets.
-This feels the same as the disturbance created by Cymoril's dark song.

-Lois

I ask all who can commune with nature either naturally , or be willing to do so with aid of a scroll, please do at the suns zenith every day to ask Arawyn of the issue.

Kleidin Du Tenkukai Laurant-Belmont

Lois will send you the information I gave the guild master.

Kleiden I don't know if she'd talk to me but get me a scroll and I'll try.

Cmd. B. Drexel

Regarding the vision of our Ally and the damage to Time

Subjects of Travance,

We have received a vision from a powerful ally, but the vision comes with its own complications.

Let me make this absolutely clear - Klarington Everest’s privacy is to be respected. If too many people show up on his doorstep, this issue of time repeating itself will be the least of our worries.

As this issue deals specifically with Time and the Weave, I will be delegating Guildmaster Silverbow and Tobar to lead the delegation to visit Klarington. They will be taking six other people with them - one from each land, and one from the Barony.

These people will then be responsible for reporting back to their Lords and Lands, and disseminating the information they have learned to those who can act upon it.

The mission to visit Klarington requires insight, the ability to record and share information, and knowing when to keep your mouth shut. If you do not have these qualities, do not ask to go. Knowledge of the Weave (specifically orange sorcery) and Bardics helps. You will be briefed on what not to say or do before your mission by Guildmaster Silverbow. This mission will be information gathering only, and no violence is to be expected or used.

Report to your Lords and Ladies to ask permission to go with the Guildmaster. If your Lord approves, report to the Guildmaster. (Or, a Lord or Lady may go themselves, if they wish, of course.)

I have committed this writing to memory, and will repost it each morning, fate willing.

In service to the Art,

Sir Gideon Weaveforger

Guildmaster Silverbow and Tobar,

While I have no desire to go with you, I realize I may have some information which could be useful before you go. If at all possible, please contact me or speak to me before you go.

Caldor (Eirson)

To All Organizers,

On the behalf of Lady Angelica Tartaros of Drega’Mire, I am formally requesting the list of all participants of the excursion to meet with Klarington Everest be sent to Oringard.

In addition, the Lady would like to know when the excursion will be taking place and when a representative of each land is required so that a decision can be made in a timely manner.

Any questions regarding these requests can be directed to my attention in Oringard.

In Service,
Loremaster Belegchand Dinephilin

Loremaster,

We don't have the answers on when, yet. Once Klarington informs us, I will be sure to share.

In service to the Barony,

Sir Gideon Weaveforger

"Darn."

It happened again.

(Rowan Uidhir)

Well, I made a bow, and it disappeared... Right in front of me...

Elric Ashby

I forget who asked, but I can confirm that anyone who dies comes back to life sleeping safely in their bed.
No that's not creepy, don't ask.

-Orophin

This issue with the retraction of the written word is particularly irritating. I was hoping I could find the hidden benefit in this state of affairs by writing of it in my travel journal, as well as what I've been learning about cause and effect from this whole mess, but nothing remains of my writings the next day.

It's beginning to grate upon me.

Illyrin Soral

I briefly considered the lucrative benefits of gambling within the Dragon's Claw, and I must say, the results have proved... entertaining. While I know the hands that will be played, how one interacts with the players is actually quite interesting. To be sure, it's a most interesting experiment to see precisely how the slightest little change in words or scenario can create an entirely new social exchange. I continue to look forward to the future, however. I'm getting quite bored of playing the same game of poker with these people.

~Sindarion Sinclair

When I woke up this morning, my shelter returned to being a pile of sticks strewn throughout the woods. The air felt the same, the wind felt the same, the birds sang the same, the plants remained the same. The weak and sick faun hunted by the wolves returned to the same spot it was caught, the bears who just yesterday (according to us) went and caught their salmon from the brook returned as if they never caught their fill. Arawyn does not change. Their is no growth nor decay. No life nor death. The world remains the same but we don't, as I found different plants, ate different meat, and spoke to different animals than the day before.

My suggestion for the near future: Use our voices. Paper disappears. Talk to people, not tack papers on a board.

Kanas (Whisperwood)

It only works for certain people though, Kanas.

It would appear that those who were involved in fighting the Hollow Song are unaffected because we can all converse to eachother, but those of normal townsfolk will be "reset"

The past two nights I stopped into town, people were congratulating me on my Squireship.

The same people. At the same time in the same place.

When I told them they had already congratulated me, they tell me "No I didn't! I just found out a short while ago! How could I?"

Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith MacKreagar

I'd like to hear a bit more about this death. Was it one of the townsfolk you observed, or was it one of us?

-Lois (Maxwell)

By one of us I presume you mean those of us aware of what is happening, no the individual was just a coopers son. At what I presumed was midnight the ghoul eating his body and he both disappeared. When I looked into the window of the nearby home I saw the man sleeping in his bed free of injury or even a blood stain.

-Orophin

If you know what is going on and you die you still come back......trust me

Tari Zhafirah

Please trust her. I don't want anyone trying it, and finding out they are the exception.

Caldor (Eirson)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:41 #3 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 26th of June:

Regarding the vision of our Ally and the damage to Time

Subjects of Travance,

We have received a vision from a powerful ally, but the vision comes with its own complications.

Let me make this absolutely clear - Klarington Everest’s privacy is to be respected. If too many people show up on his doorstep, this issue of time repeating itself will be the least of our worries.

As this issue deals specifically with Time and the Weave, I will be delegating Guildmaster Silverbow and Tobar to lead the delegation to visit Klarington. They will be taking six other people with them - one from each land, and one from the Barony.

These people will then be responsible for reporting back to their Lords and Lands, and disseminating the information they have learned to those who can act upon it.

The mission to visit Klarington requires insight, the ability to record and share information, and knowing when to keep your mouth shut. If you do not have these qualities, do not ask to go. Knowledge of the Weave (specifically orange sorcery) and Bardics helps. You will be briefed on what not to say or do before your mission by Guildmaster Silverbow. This mission will be information gathering only, and no violence is to be expected or used.

Report to your Lords and Ladies to ask permission to go with the Guildmaster. They will decide who will be representing them, one representative from each land. If your Lord approves, report to the Guildmaster. (Or, a Lord or Lady may go themselves, if they wish, of course.)

I have committed this writing to memory, and will repost it each morning, fate willing.

In service to the Art,

Sir Gideon Weaveforger

I k ow I am repeating myself, but I ask that Tobar and the Guildmaster speak to me before they depart.

Caldor (Eirson)

Lord Blackthorne will go in person to represent Alisandria in this delegation. He welcomes the opportunity to once again share the company and wisdom of his mentor.

It should go without saying that the proper decorum and discretion will be adhered to at all times.

In service to Alisandria,

Tycho Montresor

A collection of what we know so far

Saturday the 21st
Version 5

-Notes written on your body will stay
-Notes on paper that you keep on you while you sleep will stay
-If anyone dies, they awaken normally
-Small injuries to those of us who remember do NOT heal
-Anything we make is returned to its base components
-If you travel somewhere past the time of reset, you will remain but your mode of transportation will not
-The stars travel as normal until midnight, when they suddenly blink back to their original starting positions

A small group is going to be dispatched to locate and visit with Klarington Everest, who seems to have some idea of what is going on. If your Lord or Lady has not yet decided which person from your land is going, and you would like to volunteer, please speak with them.

Since material components are not truly expended, it seems an excellent time to do any alchemical research or other experiments.

If you have truly nothing to do, consider spending this time looking for the tarot card of the Sun that is hidden somewhere in the Proper which allows the undead to walk during the day. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TOUCH IT IF YOU FIND IT. Instead, report the information to Sir Gideon Weaveforger.

-Lois (Maxwell)

As we started the search for the card when it actually was Saturday - the original Saturday that then went on to Sunday, the following places have been searched:

The Manor
The Inn
The Graveyard
The Gypsy Caravan
The Bloody Stump
Totem Pole Hill

We attempted to search the Monastery, but did not get a completely thorough search done, and the Guildmaster said that he and his apprentices would search the Mage's Guild.
Thalia Burdorn

Mayhaps the woodsy folk could be of assistance in searching the forests. Is much known of this card? Origin? Duration of effect? How large an area it affects? There was a similar effect in place within Alok Malagan, which was a considerable area in size. Can we expect the card to be merely hidden via physical means, or should we consider arcane or more than standard methods of concealment possibly being used in this instance? On that same note, should we expect it to be by itself or protected by some manner of guardian?

-Nigel Whitworth

The card's is of Evernight in its origin. It's effect will last until we find the card and remove it. The area is large enough to encompass the entirely of the Proper. I do not believe the effect is related to Alok Malagan. I am uncertain if the card can be hidden magically. It is likely that there will be no guardian, as the card cannot be safely touched by the living.

~Tobar Moroz Rasia

The card was placed down some time during the day, between 9 am and noonish. It is after this time that undead are no longer destroyed by the sun. Perhaps it's better to find the one placing it, than the card itself?

-Orophin

I communed with nature to see if Arawyn knew the location of the card, but the nature of its magic made Arawyn unable to tell me more than the fact that it was in the Proper.

I hate magic cards, and will gladly offer any and all assistance in removing or destroying this disgusting artifact.

Caldor

If the card is being moved, whom by?
Since it is magical in nature, I am led to understand that those who practice the art of sorcery can find and follow threads of the Weave. Perhaps it would be possible to see if there are threads of this particular form of energy linked to the card can be traced to a location or person.

If the card is found, is there a way to suppress its effects? Perhaps a wytchwood cage or box could provide enough interference to sever the link and suppress the effects.

-Nigel Whitworth

Wotcher,

I've a sneaking suspicion that this last Sun card will be down by the waterfront - during my surveying runs, I've often found myself down there during the early part of the morning, and marvelled at the spectacle of the sun cresting over the forests on the far side of the lake. There can be few better places to view the sunrise than there. These Athenaeum folks, though unpleasant, certainly had a sense for the poetic - if they were going to hide it anywhere, it would be there.

I had a look today at noon, but to no avail. It might be worth trying again when more heroes have returned to the proper, and we can assemble a decent search team.

- A. C. Goggins

Orophin's suggestion is an excellent one. We need not find the card - a small thing, by all accounts - but instead look for a suspicious character wandering through the Proper, most likely by themselves, from the hours of 9 am-noon. I realize this is a very vague description, but as this card cannot be touched by anything living, we are probably looking for a summoned creature of some type, or an individual carrying a box very, very gingerly, and staying away from the main roads.

Most of the sorcerers in the town are already looking into the time loop, but I have made the suggestion to the Mage's Guild that anyone who is free may want to have a magical look around for the card.

The card's effects can be suppressed by flipping it over, though there is a caveat - once flipped over, it can no longer be flipped in that same manner again. Since we have no idea what kind of effect the time loop will have on this, please do not attempt to actually flip it over. It may right itself overnight, while still being unable to be flipped again by the same method. Sir Weaveforger knows best how to dispose of the card on a more permanent basis, so please let him know if you happen upon it.

-Lois (Maxwell)

Friends,

I would remind those of you who have forgotten, that the Cards are corrupted. They are not evil by nature. There is one among us who possesses the knowledge of how to purify them, and remove them from the Arcanum's arsenal. I am confident that before long, the Sun card will be rendered innert and our undead during the day problem will be rectified. We need but find it. Sadly, the issue of the time distortion will be the more difficult problem to resolve. Patience and determination will see us though this challenge, as they have in the past. Have faith. This too, we shall overcome.

In Service,
Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington

"A matter of Phokus..."

Gee, I hope I spelled that right. I know it's not "Focus." Right?

Well, that's beside the point. The issue lies herein:

What happened to our Phokus, healers? Why was it sitting sadly on a small, rickety table shoved up against a table and a tree in front of the armory? What was wrong with it being tended to and decorated nicely in the Monastery? Jonas and I passed by it on our Sunday wake-up call (aren't you glad someone cares enough to wake you up before the monsters do?) and we really couldn't help but laugh at how sad it looked. My goodness, it wasn't even so much as centered on the table. Not a tablecloth, not even a candle. My word, Travance, this is how we healers bring back the dead. Shouldn't there be just a bit of pomp and circumstance to it?

I will bring things, of course, if we need things... but why not put it back under the care of the Monastery roof?

Yours in mirth and merriment,

Swyft T. Glitterleaf

Does it matter what it looks like so long as it functions?
You bring the dead back to life either way.
It matters not if there is a pretty floral table cloth and overly solemn monks chanting inanities.
When you resurrect someone, no one sees it.
Any pomp is in the realm of the spirits.
The dead don't care if your table is fit for peasant or queen.
Most are merely grateful to be alive.

Things to consider.

S (no other identifying information given)

It's phocus.

-Orophin

It's a matter of respect, really.

Swyft T. Glitterleaf

Did you make any attempt to tell the other healers about this? Or did you wait until now? If you just left it there, are you not then also guilty of disrespect to the focus? Is it not also very vulnerable sitting outside there? Unless it is being guarded all day...well until time resets.

Speaking of which, it is not even worth trying to move it now, not until we fix this time loop, for it will just reset itself.

Avaiiden Cypher-Tuddlesworth

Swift,

The moment you see this message, contact me through a private missive as soon as you can. If possible, meet up with me in person. I'll be staying at the manor for the rest of the day. Your concerns are reasonable; commit them to memory seeing as we don't have much time. If you don't have time to contact me, commit your thoughts to memory, write a message on your arm, keep those concerns in your heart. Sir Pluvious and I will try to explain everything as best as we can. If there are any other healers with questions or concerns send me a private missive. I think it's time we start working together and keeping one another informed.

Your friend and fellow Healer,

Albert A. Aegeus

My Dearest Swift

The second the Phocus was moved I knew about it, I just wish I was there to have told you and the others as to the why. ANY Healer that wishes to know why it was moved and to learn more about this great gift we have, please send word to Albert for I have left him in charge of telling the Healer. I have taught Albert about the Phocus and its many many uses! so send word to him and all shall be revealed. I ask all the Physicians to do the same for as you all know knowledge is power and from this moment on Healers and Physicians will be working hand in hand and brothers and sisters if you have an open mind and heart to do such.

With a Loving heart
Sir Pluvious

"Sleeping comfortably with long ears?"

I owe it to Travance to help its subjects rest easy at night. However, this has always been a task of helping to quell danger in hopes of putting people at ease mentally. Recently I met a friend who has difficulty resting due to the length of her ears and the unyielding furniture. Formerly from Kormyre myself, I am afraid I am unqualified to speak on such a matter. Could anyone be of assistance?

Nalick Underhill

I have many years experience with long ears and sleeping with them.

My advice:
Deal with it?

Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith MacKreagar

Clipping them is an option.
Or as the wolfling has said, deal with it.
There are greater hardships to endure in this town.

S (no other identifying information given)

I suppose you could get a pillow. Or sleep on furs. Or just be tough about it, and endure, as is the creed of the North.

(Grimkjell Eirson)

A good pillow works wonders when dealing with the more uncomfortable furniture of many varied lands.

Illyrin Soral

Why not find a person who is comfortable on your ears to sleep with? I find that sharing a bed makes even the most uncomfortable of furniture bearable.

Caldor (Eirson)

People sleep?

~Sindarion Sinclair

Nalick,

I too found adjusting to the accommodations difficult when I first arrived, and I do not possess overly large ears. I can recommend a padded night cap, with holes added to the sides to allow in sound, and time. Because in time, they will either adapt, or be unlucky.

To which point, Sindarion - only the lucky.

Kind Regards,

Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington

I don't understand, why would the length of ears make it difficult to sleep?

-Orophin

*Not Seámus*

I have oft times found that having a person to lay one's head upon in bed helps to alleviate these sorts of problems for Elven folk, not that I am any great expert upon the matter.

My advice, find someone who would not object to be rendered a pillow, such as myself, or a myriad of others in this town, I am sure.

Latsho drom,

Boryev Solvei

My suggestion, drink more ale. Once you're drunk enough you will simply pass out. You might wake up in the morning uncomfortable, but you won't give a damn where you are sleeping.

Signed, With Truth,

Jack Dimms.

"Darn."

It did happen again.

(Rowan Uidhir)

INSANITY IS REPEATING THE SAME ACTIONS AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS

TZ.

We will overcome this curse. When we do, we will perhaps have an opportunity to right so many wrongs, save so many people. Remember all that occurs, carry all that transpires to when we finally set the timeline right again. Then act on this information, alter the repeated futures and make the weekend of our Baroness's ascension the best weekend of our lives.

Brother Aldric

If the day is repeating, but only a few select people are aware of it, should we concern ourselves with those who aren't aware? Can we use this time to try things we never dared before, as the risk was too great? Get information we could not acquire due to events that would unfold and lock into place are now possible.

There is very little in my ability to have any impact on what is going on, so i wish to try to use this time as best as possible and see what headway I can make in other endeavors.

Tyran Radley

It's interesting. Were it not for the damage to the Weave, I would say this is a valuable opportunity to witness how little things can change the course of entire interactions. I offered my left hand instead of my right to shake someones hand, and while the shifts in the conversation weren't drastic, there were a few variances in the conversation...

No, Sindarion, your foremost priority should be fixing the damage, not getting sidetracked by little side projects. Remember, this is not the natural state of the world, and thus we have no idea if this would be the nature of the world if similar circumstances could occur without damage to the fundamental fabric of our universe. Yet there may be an underlying truth hidden in the little things... hmm.

~Sindarion Sinclair

I would recommend against making rash decisions. We are unaware of the repercussions of what may happen when whatever spell is broken or damage is repaired. Will we retroactively age for as many days we've spent like this? Or will we and those that don't remember the loop acquire all the hurts we've suffered and came back from?

Also, remember that since we remember what has been happening (and I swear, these postings must seem like inane ramblings to most of the peasantry), there may be others in the world who remember this, too. What if there are people in New Gaalderon who are aware the days are repeating? And worse, what if this is just a tactic to buy time for some vile reason?

~Sindarion Sinclair

I didn't return to the Dragon's Claw in time, it will probably be mentioned by someone else, but before it gets too late, someone rip down all the relevant notes and keep them through the night. My little journal has remained intact so far after I accidentally fell asleep with it still with me the other night. I'm pretty sure Goggins knows this by now, so he probably did something similar.

Has a psion tried contacting anyone on the other side of the rift? May someone offer results?

-Ilana (Darkwood)

I have received notes from Travancians past the date of June 20, and they remain with me as well. Perhaps we should write the posts we wish to keep to each other?

Brother Aldric

Goggins has been collecting notes. He has been able to reconstruct so far, the Information has been shared daily with further data collected in an attemp to prevent deaths. Thus far no actual deaths have been prevented but the outcomes of battles in the proper have been better or worse according to direct actions. Patience and understanding and trust is needed with those you work with daily. Soothsayers pointed to this. Changes in the weave have supported this. We need you to do this. We can't be there for you this time. It's time for new heros. These words I suggest because it is all the truth.

Cmd. B. Drexel

When and if we fix this, will we resume dating as it should from the 21st on, or should we resume with our personal modified date from whatever day it gets fixed?

-Orophin

Wotcher,

A very astute question, Mister Orophin, though I believe none of us will be able to provide you with an answer until we are out of this mire. It may be the case that the next true day will be the 22nd of June, or it may be the case that all those saved-up days will rapidly uncoil, like a wound-up spring, and we will find ourselves in the correct point in the year once more. Or, we may find the days passing more quickly, until we "catch up" to the date we expect it to be. Indeed, you may have several alternate hypotheses of your own, concerning what will happen when we find a way to return the flow of time to normal.

As - to my knowledge - this sort of event has never happened before, I suppose we simply won't know how to handle the aftermath (if it can be called an aftermath) until it happens. Patience and diligent study will eventually bear fruit. As is generally said of novel scientific phenomena (and I hope you will excuse the irony here): all things can be understood, given sufficient time.

- A. C. Goggins

I think that might depend on whether or not the rest of world has gone on as normal.

I am starting to suspect that is not that time itself is looping, but rather that we are being transported backwards through it.

-Lois (Maxwell)

On the bright side of things, perhaps we have discovered our own personal fountain of youth!

Invite your friends.

Swyft T. Glitterleaf

I'm glad that many of us are making light of a frustrating situation. It's important to keep morale up.

However, there is something seriously wrong with The Weave! Every night at the 22nd bell toll, I've been in the Inn listening to the disturbance and the strands are completely dissonant. It's very hard to listen to, harder to hear than two dozen cats in heat all shouting at once. Normally, The Weave is quite beautiful with all the strands playing in harmony.

Signed and Sung,

Rowan Uidhir

My friends,

Now that we have the time, pardon the terrible pun, I believe it is important to indulge in some of our baser desires and relearn how to be merry people. Since the fall of Xualla is has been one Apocalypse or Army of Death and Dismemberment after another. Everything has been death and depression, enough!

I am not going to call this a gift, nor a curse. Rather, it is an opportunity... Never had a swig of mead in your life? Come to my meadery and drink yourself into Oblivion, it will be fine, you will awake the next morning with no hangover. At midnight all of the pitchforks and torches and slap marks disappear, so go profess your love to that woman you've had your eyes on for years! Go and live your life for the day because we have been given what many have wanted but could never receive, a do over.

This is the perfect opportunity for a little bit of hedonism my friends. Embrace it while it lasts!

Latsho drom,

Boryev Solvei

Since I work at the Inn, I am able to take the notes before I lay down. Unless someone has offered already.

L. Rosette Luminita Catalina Tanir

Addenda

I cordially would like to thank you, Arthur, for copying down my song. While I know you've been repeating the courtesy for all the things everyone has written, I still feel... well, I'm not sure what the word is. Touched? Honored? Gladdened? Let's just go with all three.

Sincerely,

Sindarion Sinclair

Wotcher Squire Sinclair,

Thankyou for your kind words. This preservation of written notes is meant to serve two purposes: first and foremost, it is to prevent us from losing our accumulated knowledge of the present situation, but it is also an attempt to do something to preserve the sanity of those townsfolk unlucky enough to be caught in this predicament. Reading your poetry is incredibly soothing; you've certainly got something of a knack for it!

Indeed, to that second end: if you've any other poems you'd be willing to share with the town, please do put them up on the noticeboard. I'll make sure to copy them down accordingly, and I suspect that everyone will very much appreciate them as a sorely-needed break to the monotony of our situation. Thankyou, Squire Sinclair.

- A. C. Goggins

i swear i brought this up before. i just want to bring to everyone's attention this past feast i accompanied some new towns members to the inverted tower. We ran into a necromancer performing some sort of ritual using witch hunters souls to strengthen the undead. someone was challenged to try the undeads new strength. the undead was attacked with positive energy and it seems like the undead just ignored the attack. this necromancer also basically said that he was raising an army. he said that we should come back in a moon or two when he raised more undead for us to test our strength. i was about to shoot him with an arrow to try to take him down when he opened a portal and jumped through it and got away. i do not know why everyone else let him go. this evil needs to be taken out. Squire Caelvan has already charged me with the duty to take him out the next time i see him.

Beinion Thallor

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:41 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 27th of June:

Regarding the Vision of our Ally and the damage to Time

Subjects of Travance,

Report to your Lords and Ladies to ask permission to go with the Guildmaster. They will decide who will be representing them, one representative from each land. If your Lord approves, report to the Guildmaster. (Or, a Lord or Lady may go themselves, if they wish, of course.)

I shall publicly re-post this each morning, until all representatives have announced themselves to the Guildmaster.

In service to the Art,

Sir Gideon Weaveforger

Calling all Ronin

Any who follow the path of the Ronin are asked to contact me at the Mage's Guild.

Ardin Silverbow

Collection of knowledge so far, 7th Saturday

I am still coordinating information, and will post a summary each day. Please send me a letter or find me in the Baronial Library if you have any additional insight.

-We are stuck in an endless loop of the Saturday of the June Feast, in case anyone somehow missed this. Some of us remember from day to day; most of the townsfolk do not. Druids have confirmed that the animals are also unaware of this loop; no answer has been given as to whether Arawyn herself knows.
-Anyone who dies awakens fine upon the next iteration of the day.
-Small amounts of damage do not heal. (If anyone sustains any larger injuries, please let me know if they persist. Please do not go out of your way to break an arm or something to test this.)
-Any writing we keep on our person overnight remains.
-Anything we make returns to its original components.
-The stars reset to their original positions at midnight.
-There is a harmonic dissonance in the Weave from 10pm until midnight.
-Some experiments using chaos energy to try and disrupt the loop have been performed; obviously, they were unsuccessful.
-If you attempt to travel, any conveyance you use will reset. This may prove problematic if you find yourself suddenly a great distance away from horses or carriages; take care.

We are still hunting for the tarot card The Sun of an Arcanum tarot deck. Places searched (though worth re-checking): the inn, the Bloody Stump, the Baronial Manor, the graveyard, Totem Pole Hill. Partial search of the Monastery. Suggestion: the Waterfront. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TOUCH THE CARD. It is fatal if touched. If found, note its location, and tell Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington & Sir Gideon Weaveforger. Also, the card was placed between 9am and noon, so be on the lookout for anything or anyone who looks as if they are attempting to hide something.

We are still looking for anyone with knowledge of Weave Fire. Please contact me on this matter if you know anything.

In addition, healers and physicians are asked to contact Sir Pluvious or Albert Aegeus concerning the Phocus and some other matters.

-Lois (Maxwell)

The pain of sleeping

Every time I lay to rest me mind travels to the the exact moment of death and I relive the scene until my reanimation. I awake and everything is normal. This is awful heading to honor's peak to drink my bar dry and watch it refill in the morning

Slightly Sane (Biillliiaamm)

Brother Billliamm, I am most saddened to hear of this. An unquiet mind is truly an obstruction to being able to hear one's soul. Especially so for one who so readily exposes their soul in song. It is said among my fellow acolytes that the soul always knows the course forward so long as one can hear it. If you wish, I could teach you the Khitan method of meditation to quiet the mind, or simply lend an empathetic ear. In any regard, you have my best wishes brother.

-Imrahil

Does anyone else have this problem?
I remember one individual mentioning they could remember their time in the spirit realm. Is anyone else this way?
I know several fell that/this night
You do not need to answer publicly.

-Ilana (Darkwood)

When I try to sleep I find myself sleep walking in the inn waking to the sound of myself sobing over An empty mug of coffee. Definitely better off than you Will. Best of luck mate.

-G(?)

(This collection of notes was merely titled with an ellipsis)

9?

- Ib (Flett)

Dear gods, please don't say we need math to solve this time loop problem.

Caldor (Eirson)

I've lost track already.

-Ib (Flett)

It's not that bad. Just keep a piece of paper on you with marks for the days.
It's the no sleeping that is getting to me. Might make a trip to Vindholm for some proper rest.

6 days since it was the 21st.

Caldor- We might not need math, but you'd be amazed (or maybe terrified) just how many different things you do that involves math.

Ilana Darkwood Uidhir-Zero

Ilana,

I know math is in a lot of things, it just hurts my head to think too much about the numbers. Even worse, This time magic crap prevents my favorite math from working.

Caldor (Eirson)

Favorite math?

1 + 1 = 3 (sometimes more)

Caldor (Eirson)

Ha ha ha!

(- Imrahil)

Joking aside, think how terrible that is, and what an affront to Gaia and the natural order of Arawyn this is. A couple may seek to have a child, finally succeed, only to have this dirty stinking Magical effect undo their blessed event.

Caldor (Eirson)

I'm not sure that is entirely true, brother Caldor. Perhaps for those not aware, but a number of us have made creations that have remained so long as they were held...

(- Imrahil)

That would be a great relief. However, does that hold true for those who are unaware of the time loop?

Caldor (Eirson)

I realized after I asked who I was talking to and smirked a bit, I will not lie.

...Maybe we should have someone make something we can have a commoner keep when they're sleeping. See if it stays with them in the morning? That's actually a good idea.

I would have to agree with Caldor. Aside from the feeling of what can only be likened to broken glass and sandpaper scraping against my skin that happens every night, time isn't supposed to work this way. While I don't have the same disdain for magic that my friend has (for obvious reasons), I do disdain what this magic is doing.

~Sindarion Sinclair

An excellent thought Dr. Darkwood, and one I would be very interested to learn the results of any expirimentation!

Perhaps this is a more philosophical than a scientific thought, but say a pair among the common folk have conceived, but not yet delivered as of the end of Saturday the 21st. While time continues to repeat, that conception or gestation would return to the point it had reached by the that date. Would it not stand to reason that if we return things to their natural order, conception/gestation would occur/resume as if nothing had happened?

(- Imrahil)

Unless something happens during the "final" cycle, assuming there is such a thing, to interrupt or otherwise disturb the pregnancy. As we do things differently every day, who knows what affect we are having on those unaware of the loop.

Caldor (Eirson)

And you bring to mind another thought brother Caldor;

Have any in town who hadn't in previous "Saturday the 21st's" borne child? Died of natural causes? Contracted an illness? Any thing that might indicate that time still progresses for them without their knowledge?

(- Imrahil)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:44 #5 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 28th of June:

A Suggestion

In pondering all of whats gone on, I have an idea tae suggest for those attempting tae research a way out of this

If it was the corrupted songs of the recent enemy defeated that caused thae loop, could not thae Bards of Travance work taegether to sing a song pertaining to healing time? Or something that may counteract/cancel what is happening?

I dinnae pretend to understand magics as a scholar or a mage would.... but it sees tae me that if it was malign use of musical magics that may have caused this, I would think benign use of musical magics could right things with time.

Granted, it may not be anything but doesn't hurt tae try.

-Duncan MacKenzie

Duncan,
The answer can certainly lie in the use of bardics, but if this is the case we do not yet know the song that would work to repair the damage.

I suspect that the conversation with Klarington will bear fruit and will get us headed in the right direction.

So to those who say the Weave cannot be damaged, they are indeed wrong. I will have further discourse regarding this subject very soon.

Ardin Silverbow

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:45 #6 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 29th of June:

Proclamation from the Guildmaster of Travance

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance has a continued relationship with the Crown, which was reaffirmed at a meeting with his Majesty, King Aleric, and

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance is charged to defend the Weave both actively and reactively and to watch for, hunt down, and destroy those who are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

Whereas the Guildmaster is charged to see that the laws of the guild are enforced, and

Whereas the practice of necromancy is a threat to the Weave and those who practice necromancy are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Practitioners of demonic magic are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Supporters or practitioners of black sorcery are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

The laws of magic and the Weave apply to all, not just those who are guilded to a mages Guild,

I, Ardin Silverbow, Guildmaster of the Mage's Guild of Travance, make the following declarations:

Crimes against the Weave and agianst Magic will be enforced by the Guild separate from Civil authority,

Necromancers and those who utilize necromantic texts, scrolls or other writings shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Demonic Magic shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Black Sorcery shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

The Hollow Song is a threat to the Weave and those who utilize it shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment.

Subjects of Travance who are not guilded to a Mage's Guild are under no compulsion to act to apprehend the enemies of the Weave, but should realize the importance of the integrity of the Weave and how it relates to our continued existence.

In the Service of Magic and the Weave,

Ardin Silverbow

Didn't the King lift the ban of the use of Necromancy?

And as such, you're now decreeing that those who use the powers of Necromancy are to be judged by yourself-this seems to be in conflict with what the King has decreed. Because this conflicts with the King's decree, then this would and should be a matter of Civil Law as opposed to Guild Law, and I imagine that if anyone acting outside of the King's Law were to cause injury to a person whom is protected by Law, then there would be serious repercussions.

I'm sure our good guardsmen would be better acquainted with these issues, or some of our learned clergy. There are as I recall those who are able to call upon "demonic magics" in both of these groups. So is it your suggestion Guildmaster, that we start taking our guardsmen, perhaps any former lords, and members of the Light Church to you for "judgment"?

Or are we going to ignore those facts conveniently-as is our historical approach here in Travance-and just hunt down some "undesirable's?" It would be a "crime" if the Law was applied fairly and universally.

Atrus

Please define demonic magic for those of us unfamiliar with the Weave. Do you mean wild magic? Strictly necromancy? How does necromancy differ from something such as a Glommie priest can do, in the sense they can both summon undead? Do both sources harm the Weave? Or just dark magic?

Templar Rayven Nightwing

I believe in terms of "demonic magic," the Guildmaster means things such as blood magic, no?

~Sindarion Sinclair

Wild magic is not inherently demonic. The intention of the Guild is to act against those who would summon and control demonic entities. So wild mages are not the target of this edict.

The Guild is responsible to protect the Weave. Even the blind can see that the Weave can be harmed, even by bardic song. This is fact.

I've spoken with the King and expect a change soon, but Guild law has been enforced separately from civil law in the past so this is not a change.

The King is in agreement that the Weave can be harmed and has given me his support as the Guildmaster of
Travance.

The existing Guild Charter details the facts stated in this decree. Speak to any guilded mage who has my permission to address this issue.

Ardin Silverbow

New times, new ways of thinking...

If bardic magic can damage the Weave, perhaps that implies any type of magic may now damage the Weave.

-Kuo Kun

To Put my Pen to Paper so as to Produce a Performance

Citizens and subjects of Travance! I do decree (mind you, with NO noble charge save that of my own artistic integrity) that upon the date of June 22, 1214, I, Sindarion Sinclair will have but finished the first of what is hopefully a series of dramatic texts to be performed within Travance Proper at a date to be determined in the future.

Yet, in this venture, I am curious as to what the subjects of Travance are more keen on witnessing. I have considered writing about certain topics that I have done some preliminary research on. Thus, I propose to the very same subjects that I shall be writing for, which of the three listed topics shall be my first text?

The Tragical Tale of The City of Faust
A historical tale in which a deal made with a demon descended a city into a turmoil of both politics and bloodletting

The Mystery Play of The Tale of Seekers Three
A fictional tale in which a peasant-born man finds himself caught between an age-long struggle betwixt a trio of supernatural entities: one whom devours knowledge, a second who hoards it, and a third who shares it

A Comedy, Seek No Counsel
A fictional tale in which a retired military man, a warmage, and their entourage seek relaxation upon the Isle of Rinn'Quinell Nurbonis for a fortnight, in which they encounter various emissaries to other lands... some of whom they have fought with in the past

Pending which of these scripts is selected, more research shall be performed upon said topic. Verisimilitude is strongly desired within my texts.

If then you are wondering how I shall compose these scripts in a scant day? I shall merely say that in certain metaphysical doldrums that some individuals have found themselves in, it leaves much time to be consumed with different pursuits. Those of you who are within similar straits, I believe you already know of that which I speak.

Also, for those who feel compelled to assist me complete my work, let it be known that I may be asking for patrons in the future depending on my financial situations and the popularity of my work.

~Sindarion Sinclair

As an addendum, I shall say that my requests shall only be taken for this one day! Come midnight, I shall begin working upon my script immediately.

Note that I make this offer not only to the reputed "Heroes of Travance," but the peasantry as well. I intend this play to be performed for the commonfolk as well as lords alike, and everything in between!

~Sindarion Sinclair

I would love to see The Tale of Seekers Three!

-Rowan Uidhir

I do not have much experience with plays, but they would be a nice change of pace. Thank you Sindarion.

Kanas (Whisperwood)

City of faust would be my preference.

(Grimkjell Eirson)

In this trying time the people need comedy. Seek No Council fills this role nicely. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Verrill Lebastion

I should much like to see this Tale of Seekers Three

Illyrin Soral

Tale of seekers three

Tari Zhafirah

Collection of knowledge of the time loop, 9th Saturday

Hello, Travance. We are caught in a time loop. Every night at midnight we return to the Saturday of the last Feast. I am still collecting information we discover and posting it here every morning. Anyone with further information, or is willing to perform some research, should contact me, especially if you have knowledge of Weave Fire. I am staying in the Baronial Library until further notice.

Here is what we know so far:
-Anyone who dies in the time loop will reawaken in their bed the next morning alive and well.
-Injuries, however, do not "reset". Both small injuries (cuts & bruises) and large (a rent limb) must be healed through normal methods.
-Anything we write on our bodies stays.
-Anything we write on paper that stays in contact with our person during the night remains.
-Most of the townsfolk are unaware that we are caught in a loop, and their memories of the day are erased. Animals are also unaware of the loop.
-Any destruction (i.e., burning down a barn) and creation (i.e., making a bow & arrows) are returned to their original states.
-Any travel you undertake will leave you where you are, but any mode of conveyance other than your own two feet will return to its starting location. Bear this in mind if you intend to take journeys longer than a day.
-The strands of the Weave are harmonically dissonant, particularly the Orange strand. This can be heard in particular in the Dragon's Claw Inn between the hours of 10pm and midnight.
-Travel to the Temporis Keep via the Walora portal fails.
-The stars blink back to their original positions at midnight.
-We are aging, and those who do not remember are not.
-Chaos energy is unable to disrupt the loop.

Experiments to do/Questions to answer:
-If we create something and leave it in the hands of someone who does not remember overnight, does it stay in the morning?
-If someone casts Know Age on Arawyn, is Arawyn herself aging?
-Is Arawyn aware of what is going on?
-If a psion contacts someone on the other side of the Rift, what day does the contact think it is? (Note: we considered using the Gates of Passage for this, but they are currently non-operational for reasons unrelated to the time loop.) Perhaps there is another method of fast travel that can also be used to test this if a psion cannot be located.

Other points of interest:
-We are still looking for the Arcanum tarot card of The Sun, which is allowing the undead to walk during the day. If found, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Instead, contact Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington and Sir Gideon Weaveforger. If you search an area and come up empty-handed, please let me know which it is. Areas searched so far: the Baronial Manor, the Dragon's Claw Inn, the Bloody Stump, the graveyard, Totem Pole Hill, the gypsy caravans. A partial search of the Monastery was conducted. We know the card was placed between 9am and noon.
-If anyone is willing to do a little investigation, we are looking for information on a religious cult calling themselves the Iron Ravens, whose attacks seem to have taken the place in the events of the day of the original attack of the Hollow Song. We are uncertain if they are related in any fashion, but more information would be helpful in any case. If you discover anything, please inform Vice Captain Oren Tenderson.
-Healers and Physicians are asked to contact Sir Pluvious or Albert Aegeus for more information concerning the Phocus, as well as other matters.

-Lois Maxwell

Wotcher Lady Maxwell,

The other day (I forget precisely which one) I took myself down to the waterfront and had a good rummage around for the card. I wasn't able to find it, but I'm still not entirely satisfied that it isn't there - it seems the obvious place they'd think to hide it.

If you'd like to add the waterfront to your list of searched locations, you'd be welcome to do so, though perhaps with the proviso that a more thorough search may yet bear fruit.

- A. C. Goggins

I shall make a note of it, thank you.

Also, I am not a Lady. That form of address means something much different here than it did back in Londwyn.

-Lois (Maxwell)

In terms of the ability for undead to exist within the sunlight, have we determined if undead are only able to travel within a certain radius from the card? If that is the case, then we can utilize basic geometry to triangulate the location of where the card might be. We would need to manage to apprehend some undead and march them to the borders of where this might be, of course.

Hmm. If that takes more than a day, it may be a tad problematic unless someone can conjure undead themselves...

~Sindarion Sinclair

The cards have been known to have a radius of effect large enough to encompass the entirety of the Proper at the very least. While the idea of triangulation is clever, it is unlikely to help in this case.

-L(ois Maxwell)

Hmmm, that explains why my projects never seem to get done. So you say this happens around midnight?!? Tonight I will use my master's Forge around 11:55 PM and see if their are any noticeable changes.

Thank You for the heads-up.

Edmund Patterson

Please forgive the timing. If this is too late for notice, I shall post again in the morning.

-On the Iron Ravens-

Some ~30 Agaurrans under the command of one named Rekkan have slaughtered a family in Valdalis, and seized their home as a base of operations. They act at their own behest in a systematic purging of religious objects and clergy of the Gods of light. This goal appears all encompassing, as they claim the monastery was only the first step, and seem to have focused their efforts on the Dragon's Claw when allowed to advance. They do not claim any knowledge of the Athenaeum of Hollow song, nor do they acknowledge the looping of time.
I hope this knowledge proves fruitful.

Safety in vigilance brothers and sisters,

-Imrahil

"If..."

If we are being transported back through time but our activities remain when they are held close to us...

There must be a field of some kind around us.

We must be aging in normal time since we are setting our selfs down at night sometimes in different places and remaining there

There must be something different about us than other average people.

And this might be most key... When we do slightly different things we can get different results at least for that day before everything resets. The guard actions and activities gave proven that effect even to the length of saving a life that resets at the start of the next day.

Cmd. Birgitta Drexel

Commander Drexel,

I think any confirmation of our theories will lay in the hands of Klarington Everest.
Contact the Lord or Lady of your land, Tobar Rasia, or Guildmaster Silverbow with your ideas. The can make sure that our questions can be answered when this group is ready to make counsel with Everest.

Signed and Sung,

Rowan Uidhir

The conversation with Klarington Everest will indeed probably tell us much of what is going on, but in speculation, the Hollow Song was trying to erase bards from Time. Perhaps this is what that feels like? We repeat the same day, the world around us goes on, but we do not.

Brother Aldric

As someone who was nigh wiped from the face of existence and memory were it not for the grace of Rowena, I can tell you this is not the case. To have been erased from time was, I've been told, akin to walking as a spirit, though with no body to return to and no one to remember my passing.

~Sindarion Sinclair

My theories have been shared. I can still place them here to invite conversation. My land is Travance I'm not in any land in particular.

Anyone else have any thoughts to throw out there?

Cmd. Birgitta Drexel

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Jul 2014 12:45 #7 by Goggs (coryan)
Here follows a transcript of the notices from what ought to have been the 30th of June:

Attention

Anyone who believes themselves to be an expert on the following subjects

Time
Curses
Research

Please contact me privately and immediately.

Sir Barak Tellinghast

Proclamation from the Guildmaster of Travance

This message will be reposted every day by request of the Guildmaster.

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance has a continued relationship with the Crown, which was reaffirmed at a meeting with his Majesty, King Aleric, and

Whereas the mages Guild of Travance is charged to defend the Weave both actively and reactively and to watch for, hunt down, and destroy those who are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

Whereas the Guildmaster is charged to see that the laws of the guild are enforced, and

Whereas the practice of necromancy is a threat to the Weave and those who practice necromancy are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Practitioners of demonic magic are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre,

Supporters or practitioners of black sorcery are enemies of the Weave and of the Kingdom of Kormyre, and

The laws of magic and the Weave apply to all, not just those who are guilded to a mages Guild,

I, Ardin Silverbow, make the following declarations:

Crimes against the Weave and of Magic will be enforced by the Guild separate from Civil authority,

Necromancers and those who utilize necromantic texts, scrolls or other writings shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Demonic Magic shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

Practitioners of Black Sorcery shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment;

The Hollow Song is a threat to the Weave and those who utilize it shall be apprehended and brought to the Guildmaster for judgment.

Subjects of Travance who are not guilded to a Mage's Guild are under no compulsion to act to apprehend the enemies of the Weave, but should realize the importance of the integrity of the Weave and how it relates to our continued existence.

In the Service of Magic and the Weave,

Ardin Silverbow

Collection of knowledge of the time loop, 10th Saturday

Hello, Travance. If you are unaware, we are caught in a time loop. Every night at midnight we return to the Saturday of the last Feast. I am still collecting information we discover and posting it here every morning. I am coordinating research at the behest of the Guildmaster. Anyone with further information, or who is willing to perform some research, should contact me, especially if you have knowledge of Weave Fire. I am staying in the Baronial Library until further notice.

Here is what we know so far:
-Anyone who dies in the time loop will reawaken in their bed the next morning alive and well.
-Injuries, however, do not "reset". Both small injuries (cuts & bruises) and large (a rent limb) must be healed through normal methods.
-Anything we write on our bodies stays.
-Anything we write on paper that stays in contact with our person during the night remains.
-Most of the townsfolk are unaware that we are caught in a loop, and their memories of the day are erased. Animals are also unaware of the loop.
-Any destruction (i.e., burning down a barn) and creation (i.e., making a bow & arrows) are returned to their original states.
-Any travel you undertake will leave you where you are, but any mode of conveyance other than your own two feet will return to its starting location. Bear this in mind if you intend to take journeys longer than a day.
-The strands of the Weave are harmonically dissonant, particularly the Orange strand. This can be heard in particular in the Dragon's Claw Inn between the hours of 10pm and midnight.
-Travel to the Temporis Keep via the Walora portal fails.
-The stars blink back to their original positions at midnight.
-We are aging, and those who do not remember are not.
-Chaos energy is unable to disrupt the loop.
-Someone needs to invent paper that makes copies of itself.

Experiments to do/Questions to answer:
-If we create something and leave it in the hands of someone who does not remember overnight, does it stay in the morning?
-If someone casts Know Age on Arawyn, is Arawyn herself aging?
-Is Arawyn aware of what is going on?
-If a psion contacts someone on the other side of the Rift, what day does the contact think it is? (Note: we considered using the Gates of Passage for this, but they are currently non-operational for reasons unrelated to the time loop.) Templar Rayven Nightwing is going to attempt to fly to the other side of the Rift soon, and we may have some answers to this.

Other points of interest:
-We are still looking for the Arcanum tarot card of The Sun, which is allowing the undead to walk during the day. If found, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Instead, contact Morwenne D. Archangel-Worthington and Sir Gideon Weaveforger. If you search an area and come up empty-handed, please let me know which it is. Areas searched so far: the Baronial Manor, the Dragon's Claw Inn, the Bloody Stump, the graveyard, Totem Pole Hill, the gypsy caravans, the waterfront. A partial search of the Monastery was conducted. We know the card was placed between 9am and noon.
-The Iron Ravens, whose attacks seem to have taken the place in the events of the day of the original attack of the Hollow Song, seem unrelated, as reported by Imrahil (see Mr. Goggins's copies of positing for further details). If you discover anything else, please inform Vice Captain Oren Tenderson.
-Healers and Physicians are asked to contact Sir Pluvious or Albert Aegeus for more information concerning the Phocus, as well as other matters.

(Unsigned, presumed The Right Honourable Lois Maxwell)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds