Dear Travance

27 Jul 2014 21:10 #1 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Dear Travance was created by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
After the events that unfolded after feast, Rosette and I will no longer be cooking feast.

This might not seem like a lot, but over the past three or four years we have been assisting in countless feasts chopping meat and vegetables. We have made stir fries, meat loafs and nontraditional dishes. The first feast that we planned from start to end was this past November’s Turkey Dinner. We also were in charge last month where the town supported us through the kitchen fire and through the time loop.
This month we were met with people who felt they were entitled to food that was not put on the bar or brought onto the tables for whatever reason. We were cursed at because there were no servers for the outdoor seating area. We were screamed at because people had to wait on line for food. Those who cook feast, normally not responsible for making sure the servers know what is going on. We make sure there is food for dinner.

We spend our Friday Night cutting and marinating meat or baking dessert. We start cutting vegetables as soon as there is space in the kitchen around cooking lunch. This month we spend our morning going to market to buy last minute items to account for the influx of town members. Judging by the amount of food left over after the meal, there must have been enough to go around.

I would like to thank Sir Danny McKregar, Sir Jack Cypher, Sir Barak Tellinghast and Bishop Arabeth Chance, for your kindness and support after these events. Without you checking on us, and your help, there is a large chance we would have left Travance. You are true gentlemen and heroes. And thank you to everyone else who checked on us during the preparation and as we fell apart.

To those who felt they were entitled and that it is OK to curse and scream at those providing you service, it is not OK. It is not acceptable. Imagine it was your best friend or the woman you wished to spend your life with who cooked feast and she was treated as poorly as you treated us, would you stand for it? Would you want to know who exactly said what to make her stop wanting to do something she enjoyed? Would you find the actions you took Saturday night acceptable to do to a loved one?

Some of you were lucky to hide in a mob waiting for food. Some of you walked into our kitchen and were rude. Understand that it has never been OK to walk into the kitchen without asking.

The kitchen door is not an entrance or an exit to the Dragon Claw Inn and please understand when there is a sign clearly written “Do Not Enter” it is for safety reasons and you need to walk around to the side doors. Even when there is not a sign on the door it is not an entrance or an exit to the inn.

And I do apologize for my actions as people constantly walked through the kitchen trekking dirt and dust into the kitchen as we cut the meat for feast. I showed the same respect that we were given and that was not acceptable. If someone tells you “do not walk through” do not give them attitude and saying “I just need to bring these back” after we told you not to walk through the kitchen when you took those items out.

Please keep in mind that those who cook feast are not paid by the Dragon Claw Inn. We volunteer and are only paid in the few “thank yous” we receive. We give our time and energy on both Friday and Saturday to make this meal go off. It is not an easy task to cook for 135 to 200 plus people.

If you were one who was rude and cursed at me. I do not want your apology. I want you to go and do good deeds for people who we are here to serve. Help a farmer with his harvest. Carry parcels for those who are struggling. Be the heroes they think you are.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mother Marika (Ophelia), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun), Angeliana (Angeliana), Gilthu (Gilthu), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Lumera (Lumera)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds