A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!

28 Aug 2014 22:55 #1 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
A friendly (but a little fishy) competition! was created by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Hunters, fishers, animal and nature enthusiasts, I wish to reach out to those who have an interest in a friendly fishing competition!

I am seeking to have the event midday (10 bells most likely) of feast, and happily invite those who would like to offer their services either in judging, maintaining relative order, or would just like to observe for the small event!
I myself will be there for general druidic knowledge, of both safe handling, identification, and release of the catch.

For all those who are interested in participating, the competition is open (though I would appreciate missives for a general count of participants).
the rules as of current:

-Provide your own pole/bait/lures
-No trident or prong hooks (circle hooks and small J hooks only)
-and a smile!

I hope to see others who show an interest in learning about the wildlife of Travance!

C-

OOG: Taylor Fischer
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
28 Aug 2014 22:57 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
I have heard that one of my fellow northmen, a priest of Enax if I am not mistaken, enjoys fishing a great deal. Seek him out, and you may well have at least one contestant.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Aug 2014 23:20 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Utgar is his name, and he is a superb fisherman.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Utgard (Utgard)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
28 Aug 2014 23:23 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Wotcher Miss Stagsblood,

Though I've no great talent for fishing, I would be delighted to join you for your competition - in fact, I'd be quite willing to offer one of my clockwork knick-knacks as a prize! It's something that'll be useful to fisherfolk and huntsfolk alike, and I'm entirely certain that it will definitely in no way explode when operated. (It really won't.)

However, I also observe that Market Faire runs from the 11th bell to the 1st after midday on the day of the August Feast. It is likely that many of the town's hunters and fishers will want to be there, selling their catches - indeed, I'll need to be in attendance myself! To that end: do you suspect that it might be possible to run the competition a little later in the day? Perhaps just after the 1st past midday? I strongly suspect that doing so will make for a larger number of participants, and therefore a more enjoyable bout of fishing.

That being said: I know nothing of fishing, and if fish prefer to be caught in the morning than the afternoon, then please forgive my ignorance!

Opus Venare,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
28 Aug 2014 23:41 #5 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Most pleasant Goggs,

Ah I do see the predicament in scheduling! Do we fear that between 10 and 12 bells might still be inopportune?Maybe earlier, 9 bells perhaps? I myself have later arrangements after the Faire, and the fish themselves might lose some interest in the competition after then.

Also I most appreciate your donation to the event! I know a prize lights a fire in those with a bit of a competitive streak!
With that in mind! I do wish to mention ribbons are to be awarded from 1st to 4th placement for largest, as well as for most plentiful, smallest and "most unique" catch!

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
28 Aug 2014 23:48 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Thank you, Master Haroldson. His name had slipped my mind, which is a shame as I am rather fond of him.

9 Bells might be best, for the Guard has a meeting and training at 10 bells.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
29 Aug 2014 14:18 #7 by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo)
Replied by Akira Saralonde (katemariexo) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Ahh, now this is my kind of competition! I look forward to it.

Akira Saralonde
Treasurer of Ostcliff
OOG: Kaitlyn Bober
29 Aug 2014 19:19 #8 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Cyndra,

I have a previous commitment at 12 Bells but at 9 I would love to participate. I'm certainly no Druid, but I have some skill with a rod and hook and challenge anyone to try and defeat me! I'm also skilled at cleaning and cooking fish and will happily aid in organizing an early lunch bonfire fish bake if anyone would like to keep their catch rather than release it back into the depths. I'll collect some citrus and herbs from the local orchard near Alisandria before the competition.

-Ketryn Shiverthorn

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
29 Aug 2014 21:31 #9 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
Cyndra,

I'll let my dearest Utgard know about your competition.
I'm sure he'll go after the task hook, line, and sinker.

~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Utgard (Utgard), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
04 Sep 2014 20:06 #10 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic A friendly (but a little fishy) competition!
An update on events for the fine people of Travance,

After divining the stars, it appears that the sky might have other plans for our event. With this in mind, the fishing contest will be forestalled till the following feast, I know for those who are looking forward to this feasts festivities that this is most tragic indeed, but! this means more time to produce an even more luxurious prize for our winners.

I hope everyone stays dry these coming moons!

---

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
29 Sep 2014 11:36 #11 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
To all those interested and visiting Travance in the coming weeks end! The fishing competition will be on again at it's previously stated time! With hope the weather will be kind and 9 bells is the time, expect prizes and more!

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds