Blood on our Hands

• Azrael
  • Thank Yous: 21
09 Sep 2014 11:22 - 09 Sep 2014 11:25 #31 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
Replied by Azrael (newtyperx79) on topic Blood on our Hands
We will all be judged by our actions taken during these events. I believe evil is in the eye of the beholder. Many of those who committed the crimes do not consider themselves evil but doing something this or considered wrong is.....well we all make our own judgements. Just be warned if we create evil ourselves in the name of good we are still creating evil and assisting in the spread of evil deeds.

Azrael

OOG: Luis Morales
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 11:25 by Azrael (newtyperx79).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
09 Sep 2014 11:42 - 09 Sep 2014 11:47 #32 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Blood on our Hands
I think I might be glad to be busy in other areas of the Barony.

I'm not sure morality is relative. But at least it seems agreed that if it is not, then certain things that may have happened are not moral on that standard.

As to whether "effects" justify actions - if the future is unknown yet responsibilities are known, it would seem a great gamble. Doing what ought to be done ought to be done for its own sake, rather than because they may grant benefits. The life in front of you is more present than a theoretical possibility of gain or loss later.

-Kuo Kun
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 11:47 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun).
09 Sep 2014 12:14 #33 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Blood on our Hands
Atrus,

I have no tears left for you. If you wanted to live in peace with your darkness and wallow in it, you would find a quiet cave to meditate in where none could ever threaten or bother with you.

If you want redemption, and I know that you must. You come closer and closer to asking for it each time you wander by the Monastery looking in the windows to see if anyone is home to give you attention.

Do something with your existence. If you were a hero for the people once, then continue being that each day, You are only as good as you act each day, nobody will and nor should they continue to treat you decently if all you want to do is abuse yourself and watch others around you suffer as they try to help you.

I am sorry people made fun of you, or pushed you around when you were younger, truly I am, but your constant droning about who and what is corrupt while showing absolutely no action towards trying to repair it is frankly not worthy of anyone's time.

I thank you for your service in combat to the army. Now go away.

Seek the truth and walk in the light,
Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
09 Sep 2014 12:34 #34 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucion

Before you speak of doing naught for change consider this, Atrus forces speaks of what the town does that is wrong and then spreads the knowledge of this and all transgressions of those who consider themselves "good people". You can attempt to justify it however you wish, but deep down the murders of innocent committed by the Travanse. He speaks no lies and does not hide his nature. But those who claim to be good people and yet do what was done in this past moon are the greatest of liars, because you lie to yourself.

And to everyone
As I was a witch hunter I had constantly done things that I knew were wrong. I had killed, and slaughtered people in my hunts against creatures of negative energy. But deep down I knew that I with every death it did not make me any less evil than the creatures I hunt. You can lie to others, justify the blood you have spilled it any way you wish. But at the end of it all, you cannot truly justify the deaths of the innocent, not until you stare into the eyes of those you killed and begged for forgiveness.

Once was a time where I saw the murder of innocents to be past the line that the town does not cross, it horrifies me how wrong I was.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Swyft (agentswift), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad), Cecilia Mercier (jsin)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
09 Sep 2014 12:43 - 09 Sep 2014 12:44 #35 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Blood on our Hands
Those who go after Atrus... you know, you don't exactly make yourselves very approachable, despite all your talks of redemption. You're all too easily convinced to go on a rampage via a rumor than to hold off and find out what REALLY happened. Seriously, that's crazy.

But hey, this is Travance, where nothing makes sense and the rules don't matter, right?

Sometimes gentle guidance, kindness and the WILLINGNESS to TRY to understand, even if you never will is better than yelling, threatening and physical violence. You think something like redemption is instantaneous? If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Try to relax, everyone, and make your stands but do so with honor, please, or you are no better than the ones you preach against.

After this moon, I have a lot to think about. It weighs heavy on my heart, because I always was one to say how proud I was that the hearts in Travance were good. Mostly.

Those of us who have them left, anyway.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 12:44 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
09 Sep 2014 12:53 #36 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Blood on our Hands
Atrus I will be yer huckleberry. Ye want a chance to test your style, man against man. I dinnae need clerics or gods. Just one man beating another man, honorably.

SLIGHTLY SANE BILLLIAMM

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton), NeeSoWee (NeeSoWee)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
09 Sep 2014 13:20 - 06 Jan 2015 15:05 #37 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Blood on our Hands
You, Lucien, are the bane of darkness.
This pleases you obviously.
What you fail to realize is that darkness is native, and at times needed.
You wish to corrupt the wicked to your own selfish views.
You ruin Travance, and its people with your zeal.
You chastise my allies who seek only to aid their fellow man in what way they know.
You are, and forever will be, my enemy.
No mutual citizenship will change this.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 15:05 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
09 Sep 2014 13:23 - 09 Sep 2014 13:28 #38 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Mr Strong,

Nothing you said makes any sense. I openly and vehemently opposed the creation of this weapon as soon as I learned anyone was planning on creating it or that such a thing was even possible. I immediately began searching for an alternative solution to Balfurous as soon as I became aware that a special weapon would be necessary and I am actively seeking other options. Add your effort to our own or remain silent.

Furthermore, I have publicly extended my hand to Atrus multiple times and offered him safety and my personal protection. All he has done is come to the Monastery claiming to have killed Angels taunting the clergy in an attempt to goad us into conflict.

Dominic Strong, immediately desist in your insults, as you do not know me, and never have I lied to any person in this Barony about my intentions or my beliefs.

Orophin, I'm not sure how to express a yawn in words.

Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 13:28 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast).
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Sep 2014 13:31 - 06 Jan 2015 15:06 #39 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Your cowardice, apparently, does.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 15:06 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
09 Sep 2014 13:32 #40 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Blood on our Hands
All of this has become a fine example of the Travancian Dick Waving contest. You all try to point fingers at one another and shift the blame. You all fracture our home when you argue about who did what, who was truly evil, and who is corrupt. When you all yell about our faults we only seek to weaken ourselves. Don't talk about the past. Don't talk about what people had done before this or the stains in Travance's past. That does not help our current situation. As Swyft has said, we need to stop yelling at each other. We need to work together to stop an enemy of Arawyn. We need to become the heroes of stories that Travance is known for. We need to come together as a barony and ask ourselves "What are we going to do from here? How are we going to stop our enemy? How are we going to save the world?"

The land I belong believes in three simple words: Strength in Unity. Think about that. Reflect on those words. Meditate on that because our enemy is waiting for us when our pants are down, when we are broken and splintered. Prove him wrong.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
09 Sep 2014 13:36 - 09 Sep 2014 13:38 #41 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth)
Replied by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth) on topic Blood on our Hands
** The following is written with many ink blots on the page, as if the quill was held suspended above the page for some time in contemplation of the next word (many times) before being put to paper **

I would greatly appreciate it if someone were to explain to me what occurred this past feast in regards to this business with Bloodtide. With excruciating detail, when possible.

If you were not directly involved or did not directly witness the acts, deliberations or orders involved, I would greatly appreciate it if you do not contact me with what you believe to have happened - with few exceptions being seekers of knowledge who have proven themselves to care more about factual accuracy than making judgements. I do not wish to have to sift through half-truths, misunderstandings and conjecture on this matter.

If you can do this, please send me a missive. These public postings devolve too quickly into quibbling and accusation and any meaningful discussion of fact is quickly lost and buried.

A student of the world,
Seeker of the Lost Word,
Illyrin Soral

Brother Illyrin Soral
Seeker of the Veiled Truths
---

Archibald Blackmoore,
Monster Hunter Extraordinaire

OOG: Galen F, "The Frozen"
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 13:38 by Illyrin Soral (Gaeth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
09 Sep 2014 13:41 #42 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucien, however passionate you may feel regarding this topic, I suggest you stop taking. Now. You are causing more unrest than anything Atrus could even fathom doing. Insulting the people of Travance tarnishes the name of our Church, and everything we have been trying to fix. I strongly suggest you refrain from posting anything but constructive comments on how we can fix things, and keep your insults to yourself.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar Aldric (Selrik)
09 Sep 2014 13:57 #43 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
I will have it known that I spoke not a single insult toward any person.

Please read what I have written and you all will see that to be the case and that I was called a liar by a person who I do not believe I have ever even met. Which is astounding.

I encourage anyone who wishes to know more about the real efforts going on to heal the situation and defeat Balfurous contact myself privately. Please also contact the learned people of Travance, as all of them I have spoken to are thusfar working tirelessly to support us, the active and undaunted, in this cause.

Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Sep 2014 14:14 - 06 Jan 2015 15:06 #44 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Then I think we can add that you are also blind, and a hypocrite.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 15:06 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
09 Sep 2014 14:33 #45 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Blood on our Hands
While we hold discussion, people die;
While we search for alternative means, people die;

It takes tremendous courage to make the decision to commit evil in order to defeat evil and even though I may be too much of a coward to have made the decision myself, I cannot idly stand by while such courage is so blatantly chastised without comment, especially by those whom did not possess the courage to make that decision themselves.

Know that while you stand in judgement of their means, they have actually created a solution to the issue, which is more than you have managed to accomplish and their actions may have saved many lives that you would have allowed to have been lost in your attempts to find an alternative solution.

I don't ask that you affirm their methods, but at the very least you should all appreciate the courage it took to take such action.

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Sep 2014 14:42 #46 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Blood on our Hands
If I may Lucian, as your comment of you opposing the creation of this weapon confuses me. If you were so strongly opposed to the creation of this weapon, then why did you take command of the force that was charged to defend the creation of it?
It just seems strange to me that one who is so opposed to the weapons creation would be the one to lead the fight to forge it.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
09 Sep 2014 14:43 - 09 Sep 2014 14:48 #47 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Blood on our Hands
(OOG: Handwriting is made through visibly angry pen strokes)

ENOUGH!!

I usually keep my words away from these notices and try to deal with them in person but being that I was directly involved in this past feast's events, and this ignorant blaming is being thrown around, I cannot keep my mouth shut.

I am SICKENED by the things I am hearing- by the things people have been saying to my face no less!!

YES, Bloodtide is an evil weapon.
YES, innocent lives had been taken in order to make it.
YES, there were alternate solutions- but those were proven to not be as effective.

But did any one - ANYONE - even think for a moment that those lives could have been saved if ONE OF OUR OWN TOOK THEIR PLACE?

No one stepped forward and said "Do I qualify for this spirit? What if I gave my heart to protect the innocent?"

NO. It took taking the hearts out of innocent lives,
people reacting BUT NOT TAKING ACTION ABOUT IT,
having one of the hearts destroyed - whether by accident or purposefully
and sacrificing one of our other Squires to figure out our own people could take place of the innocent.

Do any of you even realize the problem we are facing?! BALFUROUS WAS XUALLA'S RIGHT HAND MAN.

He helped Xualla create the Ulrog, he decimated the Morlans, he has enough power to destroy the Underdark, he's fought and slain a great many of us when he was on our plane-

He is an evil that needs to be stopped by any means! Just like we did with Xualla- WHICH WE BARELY SCRAPED BY AS IT WAS! We need to be prepared for his onslaught!

So when we have an opportunity for Travance to create a weapon that will allow us to fight evil with evil, the people recoil and want no part.

IF THIS WEAPON WAS NOT FORGED, WE WOULD ALL BE PREPARING FOR OUR DEATHS.

The nine lives we had to take, as cruel, as awful, as sad as it makes me to hear it, will help save thousands upon thousands.

The lives that you are all wailing over WILL NOT COME BACK. We Travancians have a unique bond to this world that allows us to return and live again. IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE THOSE INNOCENT LIVES WHY DID YOU NOT COME FORWARD YOURSELF?!

When I was told by [strike]Tere[/strike] someone that I fulfilled the qualifiers for the red spirit, I took it upon myself to step forward and give my heart so another innocent life did not need to be taken.

And I also heard that Atrus- a man we all know to be evil!- was willing to sacrifice himself for the black heart and WAS TURNED AWAY!

Do you realize that this world cannot live on goodness and order alone?! There would be no such things if Evil and chaos did not exist. (And this is not to say chaos is evil- it is a neutral force that many a time has been manipulated in the wrong ways.)

My job, in this world, on Arawyn, is to make sure there is a rightful Balance to all things. If the scales dip too much to one side, the world suffers; the people suffer.

Right now, the scale is dipping too much in Balfurous' favor.

I came back to life through the graces of Palinthorne, or Arawyn, or Gaia, whomever.
I spoke to Arawyn after Bloodtide was forged.
I asked if I had done the right thing in making this weapon.
Arawyn, herself, told me while this weapon is plainly evil, and the lives that were taken were not a good thing, it is NOTHING compared to what Balfurous will do to us all.

Travance lacks the initiative that is so bragged about and it completely disgusts me.

Shame on all of you.

For Travance, Arawyn, and

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 14:48 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), NeeSoWee (NeeSoWee), Croínamara (Jen), Arden (Shelby), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
09 Sep 2014 15:09 #48 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Blood on our Hands
Keavy,

I do not in any way mean to belittle what you did... but I spoke to many people who asked if their own heart would be allowed or if it would qualify, and all were told NO. That it was ONLY those hearts that could work. It was only after the one heart was destroyed that the possiblity of another heart was presented as an option.

If other hearts were possible all along, then people in the know withheld this information from those who would have gladly given their own hearts, rather than take anothers. As for Atrus, while I do not know for sure, I can only assume that the donation of his own heart voluntarily would have made it less then pure evil, and therefore prevented it from working.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
09 Sep 2014 15:51 #49 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Blood on our Hands
We knew other hearts could be used to make the blade. We also knew we wouldn't know who among us would qualify, unless one of the hearts was destroyed. I can also tell you nearly every color would have been collected the night we discovered what needed to be done, if a dragoon's heart could have been used. Every one of us was willing to make that sacrifice, so that others didn't have to. Thank you Squire Keavy for that sacrifice. Thank you Atrus for offering to make that sacrifice. Thank all of you on the other side for your sacrifice. You may have saved us all. It is up to all of us now to ensure those sacrifices were not in vain.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
09 Sep 2014 18:09 #50 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Blood on our Hands
I DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF... AGAIN... IF I AM TO BE IGNORED... AGAIN... BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE WHAT I AM
IF YOU WILL BOTHER TO LISTEN I WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING (AGAIN)

TZ.

[hr]

OOG: Zelda Turqman
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
09 Sep 2014 18:18 #51 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Blood on our Hands
Keavy

I understand what you are feeling, and I just want you to know that I did in fact offer myself many times for its creation, but I was simply cast aside and then ignored. I was willing to give my life for this weapons creation even though I didn't believe in the weapon but trusted the town to make good use of it. Yes it is aggravating when people show disdain for a cause you gave your life for, but it is saddening when your attempt at sacrifice is simply scoffed at.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
09 Sep 2014 18:38 #52 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Re: Blood on our Hands
TZ,

If you would tell us, than do. All information would be helpful. I am glad to know your feelings on the actions that required Keavy to give her heart, and would hear the rest.

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
09 Sep 2014 19:02 - 09 Sep 2014 19:06 #53 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic Re:Re: Blood on our Hands
As Caldor has stated many if not all of us did not know that we could give up our own hearts to spare those who were killed. It was only after Ginjerky sacrificed himself for that knowledge, after many people had already been killed, did we know. Even then we were turned away. We were told that the hearts could not be given willingly. It made little sense to me, to many, because a druidess and a user of white magics did willingly give up their hearts. As apposed as I was to this horrible weapons creation I would have torn my heart from my breast as a sacrifice rather than see an innocent die.

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 19:06 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe).
09 Sep 2014 19:18 - 09 Sep 2014 19:20 #54 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Replied by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast) on topic Re:Re: Blood on our Hands
I must speak one final time on the subject.

I am among the most formally educated people in the world. Not to be a braggart, but as a matter of fact. I have had training at the best academies in Kormyre.
I have a formal education on known sciences and mathematics as well as a understanding of the law, philosophy, history and literature.

If I could not assume the best course of action before having to effectively force myself into a meeting of the nobility, how is the common subject supposed to know what is going on in this Barony? The people were helpless to know any better and we , and I say we, because I include myself , did not make it a priority to know any better.

By the time the meeting of the high council had convened the subjects of the Barony had already been whisked away on their deadly missions resulting in the deaths of at least six persons.

And now what? We have Bloodtide, but no enemy to use it on. Will we wait a day to make this sin worth it, or a week? How long must we wait? If we find another option before we ever get a chance to use Bloodtide, what then? Will you sleep so soundly?

I will not.

Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

Last edit: 09 Sep 2014 19:20 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
09 Sep 2014 20:36 #55 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:Blood on our Hands
What do you mean no enemy to use it on? We have the enemy for which we forged that blade. The one who almost killed an entire race. The one that we have sacrificed much already before this feast. Balfurous.
I will sleep soundly when we use this weapon after everything we sacrificed for it to be brought back into existence.
Keavy, who sacrificed herself for this blade, said it before. Arawyn herself agreed that this weapon had to be forged. Did you forget about that? Or gloss over it? The fact that Arawyn said it was the right thing to do should mean something to everyone arguing against the use of this weapon.

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
09 Sep 2014 23:03 #56 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Blood on our Hands
(The note is nailed on, written with shaky hand writing, but legible hand writing. Small stains can be seen on the page, akin to someone writing while crying.)

I want you all to stop right now.

Look at all of you, people who have fought and died, bled together for this town. In the meanwhile the bearer of this sin has to sit back and read all of this..

You have no idea what this is doing to me, and this hatred is making my already effected mind even more rage filled.

I ask that a noble close this discussion. If anyone wishes to speak on this matter, than I ask that you missive me personally and I will tell you all that I know and try my best to calm your fears...

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Sep 2014 23:43 - 06 Jan 2015 15:05 #57 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Your words remind me of our fight. They, and you, are weak. How you could be expected to wield this I cannot fathom, but if you do perhaps you will finally gain the strength you needed when you foolishly called The Lady of Chains yours.
Let this rage build, let yourself hate and channel it at Balferous. Every time anyone slights you, hate them and in that hate let your strength grow.
Or cast it aside like the coward you are.

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 15:05 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Sep 2014 13:39 - 10 Sep 2014 13:40 #58 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucian,
I see you have not listened to Templar Nightwing about keeping insults and thoughts to yourself. You have insulted the attunement Arawyn has on this plane and therefore it is my duty as an Emerald Huntsman to challenge that insult. The way Druids commune with nature is as sacred as praying to your god and you should respect the answers that she gives. Her word can be said in court by druids, but you don't seem to want to hear that part because it doesn't suit your own ends. Arawyn said this was necessary. Arawyn said we needed this. Long after we die there will be Arawyn. She has no reason to say this will help her if she does not mean it as truth.

Therefore I challenge you to honor combat.

As a side note, I hope you're fine with executing at minimum twelve people, one of which is from your own church for the crimes you wish to be brought before the law.
So that everyone knows why this is happening I will do you the favor of posting your reply to my statements above below this parchment.

((OOG: The following letter is posted below the signature))
Squire McKraegar,

Again you have challenged my words without understanding them.

You do not have an enemy to use Bloodtide on. If you do, why has he not already been struck with the weapon?

We have to wait for Balfurous to show himself before he can be attacked, and so now, as I have said, we sit and wait, watching Bloodtide collect dust for how long?

I am presently seeking multiple leads on multiple powerful weapons along with the help of the Scholars and other learned people in Travance. We will find another option and likely many options in time for the battle with Balfurous.

If you think Bloodtide was our only road just because a druid felt as such during their communion with Arawyn, then I am not going to try to undermine your belief, I only ask that you temper it with the reality of the situation.

At least Twelve people died at the hands of subjects of Travance, whether they gave their lives "willingly" under extreme duress , or they were murdered outright makes no difference.

Furthermore, just because the people of Travance decided this was a "necessary evil" does not mean that the laws of the Kingdom were suspended in our favor. If we are willing to "accept the consequences" of our actions, then that must also mean we are willing to accept punishment by the law for what we have done after the fact.

How can we be willing to kill for the greater good, but not be willing to face our day in court for the greater good? I will see that each person who had a hand in this vile act is brought to justice.

-Collusion with dark forces
-Murder
-Ritual sacrifice
-Treason

Are the crimes which many people are and remain guilty of. There is no place to hide from this fact, whether the "greater good" was served or not. Makes no difference .

Arawyn did not write the laws of Kormyre, and although I respect the feelings of the druids, her testimony cannot be heard in court and will make no difference.

In faith and fellowship,
Lucien Belfast

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 10 Sep 2014 13:40 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
10 Sep 2014 14:45 #59 by Lucien Belfast (Lucien Belfast)
Squire Renaith McKraegar,

I accept your challenge.

You may find me when I return from my quest to aid the people in Travance in our mutual mission to find further weapons to slay the enemy Balfurous. I find it hopeless in trying to express to you what I mean, as you have again been unable to read my words for what they are and have brought insult to me publicly instead of asking for clarification in private. I find you wanting, and will unfortunately have to waste my time combating you physically.

Everything I said was in the hope that we could work together in discerning the nature of the relationship of our actions and where those actions meet the law. Are the laws of the Kingdom of Kormyre to be suspended each time they inconvenience us? I think not, and I hope the court in their wisdom will agree.

I am not "fine", as you put it, with executing anyone. Apart from the hideous murderer who took the life of the mother and child in a most gruesome way. Again you have designed your own meaning behind the words I have said.

I did my duty as it was assigned to me and for that I too have sinned and would welcome my day in court before the eyes of the law. It is a shame upon us all that we are so brave to offer the lives of others but do not have the courage to face what punishment may come for our crimes, again, because they were necessary, does not mean they were not crimes. It is not for us to decide that, it is for the law and that is the drum I have been beating, Squire Renaith.

Please do me the kindness of answering publicly Squire Renaith McKraegar, that you wish to fight me to the death, for demanding that subjects of Travance who willfully took part in murder, collusion with dark forces and ritual sacrifice are brought before a court of laws?

I honored the sacrifice made by Squire Keavy and others. I honor Arawyn, nearly as close as I honor my god Valos.
Read my words again, Squire because I find you may embarrass yourself. I gave proper acknowledgement to Arawyn, only stating that Arawyn itself did not write our laws, which is a matter of fact. The literal and direct testimony of Arawyn cannot physically be heard in court. It simply does not take place. The testimony of a druid may be heard in court but you are offering me conjecture by speaking of a third party and then calling it fact. Fact which cannot be determined until a court establishes it.

You wish honor combat because you do not understand the difference between conjecture and evidence. I do not believe I can help you any further.

What remains is this: Just because it is our duty to do a thing, and just because we find it right in our hearts to do it, does not absolve us from the punishment of the law after we have done it. If any here are brave enough to kill their neighbors but not brave enough to stand and justify every part of their action before the law, then I question everything you stand for.

I wonder who among you is well read enough to remember these words spoken by two men of the court of Kormyre, long, long ago. Ask yourself, what our duty is to the law?

Rupert: So now you'd give the devil benefit of law!
Maine: Yes. What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the devil?
Rupert: I'd cut down every law in Kormyre to do that!
Maine: Oh? And when the last law was down, laid low by your ax, and the devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Rupert, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast– man's laws, not the god's– and if you cut them down—and you're just the man to do it — do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.”

Know that these men are not speaking of a literal devil, but one of intention. Ask yourself if we remove the law when we must ourselves become devils, who is to stop another from doing the same to us, when we require the law for our protection?

I will return with help from my fellows, with a weapon to combat Balfurous and end this war.

Lucien Belfast
Priest of Valos

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
10 Sep 2014 15:11 #60 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Blood on our Hands
Lucien,
Squire Renaith,

Is this the clarity and necessity of emotions you and the Light Church told me was necessary? For I see no clarity in any of these words. I see people overcome with passion. Passion while wonderful and helpful for motivation does nothing if one is dead. To waste time on such combat only takes away time we could be using for other things. To defend ones "honor" for merely having a disagreement, nay, misunderstanding, of words is not only silly but also foolish. It aims to silence one party for being "wrong" and no opinion is invalid. I pray that both of you will allow yourselves to calm down and see what the passion behind your words are making you say is not what you would say under a clear mind. I know both of you wish only to help Arawyn and it's people, but you two need to be able to see that in each other. This is not the time for ego, for ego separates allies.

Balfurious would like nothing more than for us to fight ourselves, thus making ourselves weaker for when he decides to show himself. We do not need to be enemies of each other because of emotions. I will pray that our town does not become victim to emotions and thus removing our chance of ever defeating Balfurious.

May your path bring your clarity,
-Ava

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Swyft (agentswift)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds