An Introduction

25 Dec 2014 00:53 - 25 Dec 2014 10:47 #1 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
An Introduction was created by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
(OOG: Not Kanas Whisperwood)

Wotcher,

I write this because I wish to make my formal introduction to the people of Travance. I first arrived at an establishment known as the Dragon's Claw Inn in the middle of what the people of this area call the Proper during a festival to celebrate the defeat of Xualla and his demonic forces. For those who have met me and those who have not I am Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins, a doctor of the medical sciences from her Majesty's queendom of Londwyn, of the wonderful city of Crownhurst. I came here originally to get correspondence with an Arthur Caracactus Goggins, who I have not seen for quite some time, but I met an old friend and fell in love with this quaint place. It's quite serene, but I've heard that it gets rowdy, and that that nice serenity that I once saw would be quickly replaced with the sounds of steel against steel and the roars of battle. I find that claim a tad bit extreme, and I doubt that this place is full of conflict on a day to day basis, but I will see one day.

To answer the question that you all have in your heads when you read this: Yes, I am related to Arthur Goggins, or Goggins as you refer to him. I am his step-cousin, as his uncle married my mother when we were both younger. The people that I have spoken to here were shocked by the fact that Arthur and I are related. If any of you need proof relation I have some stories that would validate my relation to him. I was shocked myself to see Ms. Matilda Catchlove in the proper. It's not often you see your former headmistress from years ago at the other end of Palmydia. I guess that feeling is similar to you all meeting another Goggins.

To any of my kinsmen in the proper of Travance, I am looking forward to meeting to you all. I remember the attacks in Crownhurst, and it was thanks to your tireless service that we succeeded. Words cannot describe the gratitude I and everyone in Londwyn feels. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I remember those days, those bloody days. Thank you for helping us end them.

To everyone of Travance, thank you for welcoming me to this land. You all are an interesting bunch of people, and I feel that there are more interesting things to come. I am looking forward to the tea and bread that we may share in the days to come. There are many of you I have not met yet. Please send me a letter or a missive. I am currently residing in the Dragon's Claw Inn until I find a place to stay and set my things.

Thank you for reading this posting, despite its length.

Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

P.S. Arthur, if you are reading this or read this at some point, please send a letter home. Your mother misses you.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 10:47 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
25 Dec 2014 10:47 - 25 Dec 2014 10:47 #2 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic An Introduction
Heh. His middle name is Caracactus.
-unsigned-

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 10:47 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
25 Dec 2014 11:09 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic An Introduction
(OOG: Not Kanas)

To the mysterious individual who did not sign his/her posting,

Why yes, his middle name is Caracactus. There are many people with middle names. For example, my middle name is Percy, short for Perseus. If you are curious about middle names, I think there are other people in the proper you can talk to about middle names.

Next time you write, do me a favor and sign. You seem like an interesting person and someone I would like to talk to.

From,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
25 Dec 2014 14:11 #4 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic An Introduction
Oi,

Do you hit things with a wrench as well or is that only Arthur?

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
25 Dec 2014 14:31 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Dear Mr. Dimms,

I regret to inform you that I do not use a wrench in the manner that you specify. A wrench is a instrument for the construction, repair, and improvement of mechanisms, and using it as a weapon is contrary to its original purpose. If you talk to Arthur, you will learn about the proper use of a wrench. But I am not a fighter. If I had to defend myself, I guess using a scalpel is my only option.

From,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
25 Dec 2014 19:42 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic An Introduction
Do not worry much about the words of my associate, his personality tends to reflect his name rather well. It is a pleasure to have you among us Dr.Goggins. I believe we may have met, I am the resident idiot of Travanse.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
25 Dec 2014 19:55 #7 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic An Introduction
Dr. Goggins,

Why, of course a wrench is an instrument for improvement of mechanisms. There are a great number of things one encounters in Travance that can be improved by hitting them (though not as many as some might think).

If you have not seen conflict yet, count yourself lucky.

I do look forward to meeting you in person, Doctor. I would love to hear of any new medical techniques from Londwyn; while Travance forces one to improvise often, and many new ideas can come of that, proper study is essential to improvement.

Best,
Dr. Lois Maxwell

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
25 Dec 2014 20:44 - 25 Dec 2014 22:43 #8 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
To Mr. Strong,

Ah yes, I remember you. I hope for many conversations. As for your self-proclaimed position of "village idiot", you don't seem that way to me, and I guess I will learn as I live here.

To Dr. Maxwell,

I have seen conflict, more than anyone would ever care for. I remember those damned days, the fire, the screams, the cries of "Why us?" "Makes this stop" and "This is all a dream, this is all a dream". I remember the waves of bloody demons, some as tall as buildings. Conflict is something we will all see in our lives, whether we want to or not. It's the battlefield that made me realize who I am as a doctor. I am trained to help save lives, no matter who they are or what they did. I will save the commoner as well as the noble, the criminal as well as the hero because that's what being a doctor means. It means facing death square on and saying "This life is one you will not take. As long as I stand here, scalpel in hand this man will stay alive. You have no claim upon him." Ideally I can endeavor to save everyone, but I know that it is impossible, but I damn will try.

As for discussing the latest in medical techniques, I will be very interested in doing so.

Thank you,

Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 22:43 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf). Reason: grammer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Dec 2014 16:26 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic An Introduction
Greetings, Dr. Goggins!

Goodness! Here I sat thinking that one Goggins was a handful. Know that, if the three of us are within earshot, I call your step-cousin "Mr. Goggins." Therefore I am grateful that you are a doctor, aside from being part of that wondrous profession. We do need to enjoy a cup of tea sometime soon. You must have interesting stories to share, especially being related to a man of Mr. Goggin's... well... caliber, I guess you could say. Anyway, Travance is an interesting place, and I do not use that word lightly. I've even written a song about life in Travance and it would be my pleasure to sing it for you.

Welcome to Travance!

In Love of Tea,

Nalick Underhill
Viceroy of Ostcliff

28 Dec 2014 10:51 #10 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic An Introduction
***OOG the paper is slightly singed and outright burnt in a few places and smells faintly of of chemicals***

Dr. Goggins,

I should very much like to hear the news from home over a cup of proper strong tea. You will find this town favors a lot of nonsensical flavored tea, but a proper cuppa in the Londwyn style can still be had. If there have been any advances in the areas of phlebotomy and hematology, I should very much like to take notes. Of course, this is all supposing I do not get distracted by work and forget again.

In science and progress,
Nigel Whitworth

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
29 Dec 2014 10:38 #11 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
To Mr. Underhill,

I agree with you, Arthur is a handful. When you are talking with both I and Arthur, I think you can tell the difference. As for stories and songs, I would love to hear a few stories and a ditty or two.

To Mr. Whitworth,

This town favors flavored teas? That's a shame. I was hoping for more of the brew from back home. I think I have some in my luggage because you can never leave home unless you have some tea with you. As for discussions of phlebotomy and hematology, I regret that I have limited knowledge of those subjects, but I can see where I have it in my notes. I am looking forward to the day we get to drink some tea together and talk.

To a great new future,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
29 Dec 2014 15:42 #12 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic An Introduction
Dr. Isaac Goggins,

Your step cousin is among the most brilliant mortals i have ever met, as well as one of the people i trust most. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is hereditary. Feel free to come and find me and have a chat.

Knight Captain Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
01 Jan 2015 12:13 - 01 Jan 2015 12:14 #13 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic An Introduction
*NOT GIN YUKI*

Facing death and telling him no...interesting very interesting Doctor.
-GG

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Last edit: 01 Jan 2015 12:14 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost). Reason: misspelled words
01 Jan 2015 16:15 - 01 Jan 2015 16:15 #14 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
To Sir Magnus,

Thank you for saying that about Arthur. I have known him for many years, and I always knew he would amount to great things. Thank you for helping him achieve them. As for discussion, I would love to speak to you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

Last edit: 01 Jan 2015 16:15 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf). Reason: grammer
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds