Flowers for feast!

02 Feb 2015 15:55 - 02 Feb 2015 17:39 #1 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Flowers for feast! was created by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
With next feast creeping up **oog(and though not st astrids day but still valentines!)** why not treat someone (or yourself) to some flowers, and support your local Travancian florists?

I will be collecting for my finest floral arrangements, single stems, sweet treats and more, to have available for purchase during market faire!

If you have a purchase already in mind and would like to special order, please contact me with your request before next feast is too close!

For those thinking of purchasing the day of, keep in mind while my greenhouses grow many flowers, there will be limited numbers available during faire.

**oog on site 3$ per arrangement, wed the 11th at the latest for orders, special requests will be 1$:1$ if ordering large numbers of roses, and I will deliver by 10am market faire. All candy and cards will be for gold :) **

OOG: Taylor Fischer
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 17:39 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
02 Feb 2015 16:07 #2 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Flowers for St Astrids Day
Miss Stagsblood,
I am sorry if this disrupts your plans, but St. Astrid's day is in two months, April 9th.
This is a wonderful idea, though!

-Rowan Uidhir

(OOG) Teresa Amore
02 Feb 2015 16:19 #3 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Flowers for St Astrids Day
I never noo my wif's reputashun had spred so far. Or that she had a holy day.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
02 Feb 2015 20:45 - 02 Feb 2015 20:45 #4 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Flowers for feast!
Miss Stagsblood,

As a magical, crafty, woodsy druid, do you think it would be at all possible to create a floral arrangement featuring the pulsating heart of a slain beast, if one were provided to you?

Only asking for a friend, of course.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 20:45 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
02 Feb 2015 22:13 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Flowers for feast!
(OOG: Not Kanas)

Ms. Silverthorn

The concept of a bouquet containing a still-beating heart sounds terrifying. There are wonderful flowers that could be given that would signify affection, but a heart I feel would do the exact opposite. Consider getting your friend some red roses. Even keep the thorns on them. Just not the heart. That sounds disturbing.

With care and prudence,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
03 Feb 2015 00:29 - 03 Feb 2015 00:31 #6 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
Replied by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer) on topic Flowers for feast!
Ketryn-
While I am willing to work with more unique sculptural elements of floral arrangements and am no stranger to properly dissected specimens, I do ask that no possibly "dangerous" organs or other contraband elements (cursed, corrupted, illegal,or Ilythiiri parts) be given as additions to any arrangement.

Dr Goggins-
While I see many cultures might find a fresh heart not to their liking, we must remember we have to be accepting of the customs of others! A cave goblin bouquet might well require worms or bat wings, to shall we say, sweeten the negotiations!

Last edit: 03 Feb 2015 00:31 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
03 Feb 2015 10:35 #7 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Flowers for feast!
(OOG: Not Kanas)

Ms. Stagsblood,

My understanding of other cultures is limited. That being said, there are some things that would not be considered acceptable. Flowers are for the sake of beauty and showcasing affection, not stowing away organs. As for "sweetening the negotiations" I believe the best trick is some tea. It warms them right up in more ways than one.

With care and prudence,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
03 Feb 2015 19:48 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Flowers for feast!
While yes, it is not St. Astrid's day for another two months there is a holiday this month. Keryth’rina on the 20th day of this month. This is a day of remembrance started by Elves to remember their ancestors and to honor those who died at the hands of Uelrog. Recently, Travance has celebrated this as well, remembering all fallen family, friends, and those they held dear.

Each person holds this day differently, for some it is a solemn day with a fire or incense looking back and to the future. Some throw large parties in celebration of the coming years and the hopeful times ahead. I welcome anyone, Elves or not to take part in this day in their own way.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
03 Feb 2015 19:55 #9 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
**Cyndra pins on behalf of Macha**

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
09 Feb 2015 14:27 #10 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
A reminder to all those wishing to place orders on special floral arrangements, orders officially close at 12 bells noon on the 11th!

Any custom cards and flowers will be available for pickup during faire.

If there are any questions regarding custom orders/arrangements please, do not hesitate to send me a missive!

-CS-

09 Feb 2015 16:04 #11 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Flowers for feast!
I dinnae ken wha' this St. Astrid's day is. Or e'en th' elven day Sir Caelvan mentioned called Keryth'rina. Is whisky a good gift fra' them?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
Sept MacFhionnlaigh, Clan Farquharson

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
10 Feb 2015 00:37 #12 by Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
I apologize but for those making requests in other tongues, when in doubt common is the more preferred language.

-CS-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds