To save an angel

• Maveith
  • Thank Yous: 4
06 Feb 2015 20:01 #1 by Maveith (Maveith)
To save an angel was created by Maveith (Maveith)
Citizens of Travance,

If you are reading this and are under 20 seasons. Please send me a missive immediately.

We are in need of any and all help i can get to protect the lives of our fellow citizens as well as that of an angel of valos.

I will give you some back story on our current endeavor.

A few months ago the newer citizens or travance and i traveled to a nearby village to investigate a sudden plague. It turned out to be the plot of a devil of glomm. During our struggle against the devil it managed to capture an angel of valos. The devil is working on a powerful ritual that seems to require the blood of a seasoned hero. I just completed a scouting mission into the devils fortress. I came across some startling information. We will have a very short window to cast protections on the angel before the devils ritual is finished.

We are making the final assault against the devil in the comming weeks.

We need scrolls of any or all protection spells, prayers, and druidics that we can get our hands on. Our people need offensive and defensive prayers and druidics placed on our people heading into the fortress.

Any other help we can be given would be geatly appreciated.

If anyone has any more questions send me a missive and i will be glad to speak with you.

Maveith.

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Feb 2015 01:33 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic To save an angel
I highly recommend all guardsmen under twenty seasons assist Maveith. We must not let an angel fall to the maleficarum of Glomm.

I'll see about getting you protections as well, and consult with those I know and love to see what we can do for you. You have my personal support in this matter, my friends.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
07 Feb 2015 01:52 #3 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic To save an angel
I will be there to help with as much healing as I can.

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
07 Feb 2015 11:56 #4 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic To save an angel
It rather goes without saying, but I shall stand with in this battle.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
19 Feb 2015 10:19 - 19 Feb 2015 11:03 #5 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic To save an angel
To those going to Fredericks Fortress and those willing to aid us,

I have written many drafts of just what I want to say to you all before we walk through that portal gate again and finally came up with this:

By now you all know Frederick is a body jumping devil of Glomm, possessing a vampire and an Angel of Valos. Anyone over twenty seasons is at risk of being dominated by his power. His ritual is all but complete.

The mission is simple: Save the Angel, Slay the Vampire, and Banish the Devil, dispense his undead servants, Keep the loses to a minimum, and lastly collect his treasure and wears for the others.

To those joining us;

I will be blunt, we aren't all making it back, some of us WILL die on this mission, it is that simple. We have plans, formations, and plead for aid from several various factions. There is rumor mongering now that many of you are scared for what you may face in the coming battle and may not join us. You are right to be scared, use it as a weapon, it can keep you on guard, and it can keep you alive. Know that some of us are willing to stay and hold the line should the retreat need to be called. We will see this through, you are not alone.
I am not Maveith or to many of you Goliath, I have not been with you all in these battles. I have made my peace with what may happen, and know I stand with you all. Publicly before you all, I will state that I don't desire treasure, I want the Angel saved, the foe dead, and as many of you alive as we can muster. I'm not going to say that if you stick to the plan you will live, because there is a chance you won't. I'm going to say if there is a window where you see an opportunity to be a hero, do it. Make each lose weigh more on our enemy, make it count. Some lights only shine in the dark...burn out, don't fade away.

To those whom might aid them;
I'm not asking, I am begging many of the Lands, the Church of Light, Mages Guild, and other groups of people to aid them. I've been in a far less fights than many of you, you have your own goals and missions to attend to but please help them, you may save more lives than you know.
I've made my share of mistakes, I confess to using scrolls of Necromancy, poisons, and I once killed a man that should have been helped I made no claim to hide it.. Everything I did was with the best of intentions and to save lives. Please don't punish many others for the mistakes of the few, I will carry the blame for those calls solely on myself. I've never hidden my mistakes, but know I will grow from them. I will receive aid last, or not at all in this coming battle as further penance to the people. I've gone nearly broke helping fund this campaign much like Lois Maxwell and Knight Cpt Magnus and will continue to spend my last copper and silver pieces if it means better equipping these people. I thank you all for your time.

To Frederick and his slaves;

You don't have to come to us, we are coming for you! You will pay for your crimes and the deaths on your hands. We lay rest those souls so that they may rest in peace. Frederick, your going to stand down or we will put you down, Repent for your judgment is soon upon you!

Strength Duty Mission Faith

-McCoy, A.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
Last edit: 19 Feb 2015 11:03 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt).
19 Feb 2015 14:51 #6 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic To save an angel
One who professes to uphold the law breaks the law, then pleads for aid in rescuing an angel of the law.
You could cut the irony and hypocrisy with a knife.

Color me intrigued. This shall make a fine tale. Assuming the angel does not smite you for your transgressions against the law, guardsman.

-S

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan)
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
19 Feb 2015 15:06 #7 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic To save an angel
I've made my share of mistakes, I confess to using scrolls of Necromancy, poisons, and I once killed a man that should have been helped I made no claim to hide it..

Argyle McCoy,

You are hereby commanded to turn yourself in to either Vice Captain Oren Tenderson or Lieutenant Grimjkell Eirson immediately.

In His Grace's Name,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
19 Feb 2015 21:57 #8 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic To save an angel
I want to be clear, no one is to bring any form of harm to Argyle before he reaches these two men.

Argyle, you will go to them willingly and I will discuss this issue with you as well.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
19 Feb 2015 23:52 #9 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic To save an angel
(OOG: Not Kanas)

I feel as if there should be something said in the defense of Mr. Argyle. I would like to say that he should meet with his superiors to discuss what he did, as that is the proper response in this case. But I see no reason to portray him as a villain.

No man is perfect, and even the mightiest heroes have colluded with forces that would be considered evil or have consorted dark powers, but for noble intentions. In fables and legends there are moments where the hero, who lost his lover to a great enemy, or is beaten in a battle and left to die, finds a power that should not be found and uses it for the good of all. In the case of Mr. Argyle, using necromantic scripts to help save the lives of his fellow townsfolk.

Now there is something that could be said about his brazen revealing of what he has done. I am sure you are all familiar with the phrase "Skeletons in the closet", and if you're not well you learned a new thing today. All people have their dark secrets, and they hide them away because they fear people finding out. But Mr. Argyle was not afraid, and went and told us that he has made mistakes. That he has sinned but he is trying to redeem himself. That takes stones. And we could all learn a lesson from that. If Mr. Argyle was actually lying about his intentions when he did such things, well that's a stupid gamble and would end up in his failure. But I know him, and I know that he would not lie about his intentions. He's a straight forward, honorable, and a good man. He knows that he did things that are against the law, but he did them because he knew that without these decisions, people would die, and he would rather fall to hell than let his fellows die around him.

There is a personification of Justice, and it is of a woman, blinded by a sash of cloth, holding a scale. Now some believe that it is the crime vs. the law, but I believe that it is the Law vs. What is Right. Mr. Argyle's decisions are being balanced on that scale. They go against the law, but they saved lives. There are people reading this who would have died if Mr. Argyle did not do what he did. That is being balanced. His intentions are being balanced, and when he meets this angel, let it cast it's judgement upon him. But I think it would forgive him, for he did what he had to do, and is not afraid to tell the whole world that he made mistakes. But "to err is to be alive" my professor would always say, and while he made mistakes, he made them for the right reasons. And that's damn decent of him.

He may have broken the law, but he did it for the right reasons. And that's something that should be remembered. Mr. Argyle, if you are reading this: Next time we see each other, we should grab a pint. It'll be on me.

Cheers,
Dr. Isaac Percy Goggins

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75), Angry (Angryman86)
20 Feb 2015 00:18 #10 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic To save an angel
Several officials have spoken asking that this matter be handled by officials. Further comment, is not necessary. What is necessary is that this matter not eclipse the very real and present need experienced by those who will be attempting to defeat this foe of Travance.

Though he may have chosen his words poorly, Argyle is not wrong about the fact that the Angel is in great peril and those chosen to rescue her are among our least experienced and seasoned warriors. Let us leave off this man's folly and concentrate on the larger issue of defeating this devil and supporting those who must do so.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Josephine (mferro54), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75), Angry (Angryman86)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds