Keryth’rina - A Day of Remembrance

• Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
09 Feb 2015 17:18 #1 by Croínamara (Jen)
Keryth’rina - A Day of Remembrance was created by Croínamara (Jen)
Hullo all!

Sir Renaith McKraegar described it perfectly:

While yes, it is not St. Astrid's day for another two months there is a holiday this month. Keryth’rina on the 20th day of this month. This is a day of remembrance started by Elves to remember their ancestors and to honor those who died at the hands of Uelrog. Recently, Travance has celebrated this as well, remembering all fallen family, friends, and those they held dear.

Each person holds this day differently, for some it is a solemn day with a fire or incense looking back and to the future. Some throw large parties in celebration of the coming years and the hopeful times ahead. I welcome anyone, Elves or not to take part in this day in their own way.

Sir Caelvan Renaith McKraegar
The Claw of Kaladonia
Steward of Niedrillion

While the hard date for Keryth’rina is set on the 20th of this month, I have heard it is tradition in Travance to celebrate the first night on the proper.
This allows far flung friends, acquaintances, allies, and strangers a way to observe this holiday together.

As such, I would like to set aside time this feast on the evening of the 13th in order to allow townsmembers the opportunity to gather together to celebrate or reflect as they personally see fit.

I will be arriving late and unable to attend, however, I thought it might be worth making an open forum for gathering and organization purposes.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
09 Feb 2015 17:28 #2 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Keryth’rina - A Day of Remembrance
To go along with Croínamara's post above, for those who will not be in the proper for the upcoming Feast Weekend, I will also be holding a Keryth'rina celebration on the Friday Night before the March Feast (March 6th, to be precise) as I will not be in attendance this coming week's end.

I urge everyone attend celebrations on both nights if they can, as we can never embrace the loved ones we have lost too much.

For anyone curious about the holiday, feel free to send me a missive at your leisure.

In Service,
Squire Belegchand Dínephilin

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller (GJSchaller), Croínamara (Jen), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Feb 2015 22:24 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Keryth’rina - A Day of Remembrance
**Not Caelvan or Merikh**

Hello everyone. I look forward to meeting you all this coming weeks end.

I am happy to see that Keryth’rina has spread this far across Arawyn. As I am currently in Travance Proper I will gladly answer all questions about this day of peaceful remembrance. I will also be happy to attend whatever type of ceremony the Travancians have to observe this day.

In peace,
Pax Tranquilus

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds