Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict

• Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
19 Feb 2015 15:14 #1 by Amizar (Amizar)
Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict was created by Amizar (Amizar)
Subjects of Travance,

There are external conflicts: disagreements, arguments, fights, battles, and wars. There are internal conflicts: unease, quandaries, problems, and predicaments. Differences, misunderstandings, vendettas, and tournaments…the list of conflicts seems endless!

We want to hear your stories of conflict. You can be in conflict with yourself, or with a god. Some conflicts you win, others you will lose. What is a fair fight? What are the longest odds you ever heard? Did they win? What do you consider the most famous conflict of all?

What causes conflict? How do you solve it? Why are there always monsters lurking about? Can somebody tell me once and for all what is the conflict that is imprisoned at the very bottom of The Inverted Tower?

In the event that your story of conflict is personal or traumatic (as conflict often is) you may request that your name be withheld. The Chronicle staff will publish your article without attribution, and we will arrange discrete payment.

Famous Battle Art Contest! All artists are encouraged to draw a pen & ink illustration of a famous (historical) clash of arms. The drawings will be published without naming the artist, and readers of the Chronicle will then vote on which drawing they like the best. Prize is 50 Gold! ((OOG note about image formatting, both for this contest and any other art submissions: We can accept image files in most file formats, including Photoshop & Illustrator files. Remember that the Chronicle is printed in black and white, so if you submit in color keep in mind that your image will be printed greyscale. There is no need to add a “parchment” background or similar; we prefer images with a white background or an already-included frame or edge fading. The maximum size that an image can be printed is 8”x10.5”, though of course they can be smaller.))

In addition to stories about conflict, we also encourage you to write about recent events you have experienced. If you want to contribute, but are uncertain of a topic, feel free to contact one of the editors for suggestions. Pay is 10 gold per article, poem, or piece of artwork; in addition, the Barony considers it service to the common good ((OOG: 400 SP, and build for consistent contributors)).

Deadline--and we mean it-- is Sunday, March 1st, 1215.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
19 Feb 2015 16:30 #2 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict
I would love to partake on either front, illustrative or written. Though are we speaking historical as related to Travance, or historical as related to a larger outside world?

Where is the proper place for submission, as it is not mentioned above? Thank you kindly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
19 Feb 2015 19:07 #3 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict
Any part of the history on Arawyn is allowed, though please do keep it within this particular timeline.

You may send submissions directly to the Chronicle offices in Honor's Peak. ((OOG: Email Paul at or myself at ))

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
22 Feb 2015 15:45 - 22 Feb 2015 15:46 #4 by Aleia Miryam Nemeir (Aleia Miryam Nemeir)
Replied by Aleia Miryam Nemeir (Aleia Miryam Nemeir) on topic Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict
How does one submit to the chronicle?
EDIT: I clearly can't read. it was right there.

Aleia Miryam Nemeir

OOG: Eliana Schulman
"We named them Stormageddon and Eavee. I'm pretty sure the new DM made them into omelets..."
"Not the sombrero!"
"Never in my life have I been so terrified by the color yellow and/or Daisy Duck."
"Insert Random Quote From My Life Here!"
Last edit: 22 Feb 2015 15:46 by Aleia Miryam Nemeir (Aleia Miryam Nemeir).
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
01 Mar 2015 12:57 #5 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Call for March Chronicle Submissions: Conflict
Reminder: submissions are due tonight.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds