To All Subjects of Travance

23 Apr 2015 18:37 #1 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
To All Subjects of Travance was created by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
It is with a heavy heart that I inform the subjects of Travance that one of my vassals, Templar Rayven Nightwing, was murdered this past Feast. Rayven was killed by a member of the cult of Surtur during a ritual in which will likely awaken this foul beast from his slumber.

Templar Nightwing was a true hero of Travance and also a champion of the Light. His death is devastating to both the Barony and especially to the good people of Pendarvin.

I reach out to the clergy and ask that an appropriate service be held to honor Rayven for his many years of service.

The good people of Pendarvin are ready to engage Surtur and his minions and, on my Honor, his death will be avenged.

Hail to Templer Rayven Nightwing!

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Andy (Andy), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
23 Apr 2015 20:07 #2 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
My Lord,
Will there be a service held to honor the memory Templar Ravyen?
-Rowan

(OOG) Teresa Amore
23 Apr 2015 20:14 #3 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
At nit, around the fir, tel storees uv the man. Tel uv his victorees, his defeets. Tel storees that make you laff and storees that make you cry.

Gerold Lachelnbrauer teeches us that a man never dies while those who yet live remember him.

Remember Rayven.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
23 Apr 2015 20:35 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:To All Subjects of Travance
As a fellow Northman and Gaian, I would like to hold honors for him in our ways. I performed a similar ceremony for my brother when he died.

I hope to be returning to the proper at the end of the next month for the extended feast. If people wish to have a ceremony before then, I will not be offended, and will simply hold a second one. Rayven deserves no less.

Have you sent messengers or missives North?

Caldor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
23 Apr 2015 20:55 #5 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Re:To All Subjects of Travance
Thalia has departed Travance to locate Templar Leandra Nightwing. Please send any other missives that you feel are necessary.

Caldor, thank you for offering to preside over this ceremony. I think it is a good idea to hold it when you return so word can reach your homeland and those wishing to attend can arrive.

I will leave the particular details of the ceremony to you and the Church.

I have instructed my Page, Nostarion Hallatiri to make an accounting of the details of the Templar's death so an accurate account is preserved.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

-Silverbow Motto

Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
The following user(s) said Thank You: RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi)
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
23 Apr 2015 21:15 #6 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
It is my duty to hold a rememberance ceremony for Templar Nightwing. If I cannot do it in the moon of May, I will perform one at the extended feast at the end of the month. Anyone with stories of the late Templar will be expected to come.

Signed, With Truth,
Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
23 Apr 2015 22:17 #7 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:To All Subjects of Travance
After word from the Bishop, I realize my emotions got the better of me... While I do wish to be part of the organization and arrangement, I want to make sure a Galladelian priest is involved, and perhaps takes the reigns. Rayven deserves the best for his soul.

Cakdor

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
23 Apr 2015 22:21 #8 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Re:To All Subjects of Travance
I will tell an account of my first moon in Travance, and how well he treated me.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
24 Apr 2015 07:56 #9 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
Rayven has always been a good friend, as well as a good mentor.
He would not think twice about putting his life on the line to protect someone.
He will be missed.

Signed,
Father Elric Ashby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Apr 2015 12:29 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
Shortly after the opening remarks the weekend of the May Baronial Feast, there will be a gathering in Pendarvin at which a bonfire will be lit in celebration of the life of Templar Nightwing. This will not be a Mass, but will be a celebration of his life.

He was a complex man with a simple code by which he lived. Let there be no dusty memories dredged from the deep past, no maudlin tales, but rather personal stories that show the person that he was. As to the Church - he fled the monastery due to the lack of righteousness he felt was pervading it. Keep that in mind before you plan something. Be certain, if you must do something connected with the Church, that it would not be something he would have shunned if her was alive.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
26 Apr 2015 11:12 - 26 Apr 2015 11:15 #11 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic Re:To All Subjects of Travance
Master Haroldson,

Templar Rayven did not flee, nor did he leave the church. He had spent the past few moons gathering research for the ritual to end Surtur. Please do not dishonor my friend's memory by spreading falsehoods about him.

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
Last edit: 26 Apr 2015 11:15 by Sister Danae (Danae).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Laura
  • What What What are you doing?
  • Thank Yous: 73
26 Apr 2015 11:18 - 26 Apr 2015 13:22 #12 by Laura (Laura)
Replied by Laura (Laura) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
Haroldson,

I have always considered Templar Nightwing a dear friend. We are all, as a town and even a kingdom, suffering from losing his mortal form. Whatever petty differences you may have with the Church of Light do not matter here. He is, was, and always will be a Templar of Light, and we will continue with our plans to remember him as such.

You are not the corpse at every funeral, nor the bride at every wedding. Stay out of matters that do not concern you.

To my fellow townsmembers,

As it has been seen in ages past with others of similar status, Templar Nightwing has most likely joined the Ascended Wars and will continue to fight to protect Eodra for eternity. This is one of the goals that any member of the Light, not even just the Church, aspires to, and we should all be honored by his devotion to faith that has allowed him to attain such a status. I cannot say for certain that we will see him again, but there may always be a chance that his path may cross ours in the future. The Galladellians are currently planning funeral rites and remembrance ceremonies for him, and as plans for these services are solidified, the town will be notified as a whole for any who wish to attend them. All will be welcome at these services regardless of faith or creed, as Templar Nightwing was a stalwart defender of Life.

May the Gods of Light be with you, and may you all continue to stay safe in my absence.

Kressara Skytte

Alt: Jinx Kainen

*OOG*
Laura Wernsdorfer
Last edit: 26 Apr 2015 13:22 by Laura (Laura). Reason: Originally typed on the go and am now correcting spelling errors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
26 Apr 2015 15:03 #13 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
Bishop Chance and to the Clergy of the Light,

Thank you for coming to my call as Templar Nightwing continues his fight on another battlefield. Let no one tarnish his memory by making any baseless or divisive statements. I will not allow it! I want any ceremony honoring Templar Nightwing to be inclusionary, not exclusionary. All are invited to come to the Pendarvin area of the Proper to pay respects for all of the good works performed by Rayven during his many years of service to Travance and the cause of the Light. Let us stand united, despite any past difficulties. Let us learn based on the example he set for us. That is the greatest Honor we can bestow upon Rayven.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

-Silverbow Motto

Safety Deputy

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Chris D
  • Thank Yous: 63
27 Apr 2015 12:22 #14 by Chris D (Brogan)
Replied by Chris D (Brogan) on topic To All Subjects of Travance
It is with heavy heart I learn of my friends passing. I will be arriving late Saturday afternoon on the upcoming feast to honor my firend and mentors sacrifice. I would also like to meet with Lord Silverbow to get details into this matter.

Yours in Faith

Cyan Bloodbane

oog- Chris D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds