Long Feast Song Circle

25 May 2015 01:17 #1 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Long Feast Song Circle was created by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Starting at eight bells Thursday night we will be holding a song circle around the Kaledonia fire pit. We are starting on the early side to allow for some younger members to join us. Around ten bells, bawdy songs will begin to be allowed.

The format of the circle will be Pick, Pass, or Perform. We go around the circle, and when it is your turn you get a choice between the three. Pick means you can request a song from anyone who knows it, or request that a specific person sing a specific song. Pass means you pass your turn to the next person. Perform means you choose a song or story to perform.
If you are picked, you are allowed to refuse, and there is no problem in passing every turn if you wish. No one needs perform if they do not wish to.
If someone performs a song you know, join in!

We welcome food and drinks, or gifts of firewood. I myself will have my hookah out to share.

Come to sing or listen, come with food, drinks, or just yourself!
We will go as late as people still wish to sit and sing. Feel free to come for all of it or just a part.

If you know you plan to come, feel free to respond so we have some general idea of how many will show, but you do not need to respond to show up. Especially let us know if you plan to bring something.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
  • Gamblor
  • "Everything falls to one cast of the die..."
  • Thank Yous: 30
25 May 2015 19:59 #2 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Replied by Gamblor (Gamblor) on topic Long Feast Song Circle
Assuming I am not called away on any last minute business, I will still be in the Proper come Thursday, and would be delighted to join.

In regards to the song circle, if it is talented and experienced singers you seek... then perhaps I can put the word out.

But if it is confident, amateur performers with little to no actual talent you are looking for, then I am happy to provide my skills.

In Service of Lady Luck,
First Gambler of Travance,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

"Cheating is second only to Black Sorcery..."
[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
“Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.”
-Maimonides, The Guide for the Perplexed
26 May 2015 00:15 #3 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic Long Feast Song Circle
For the song circle, we take everyone. Anyone who wants to perform, to sing a song, to share a tale, or just to listen.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds