Open letter to Mr. Kane

11 Aug 2016 05:10 - 11 Aug 2016 05:11 #1 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Open letter to Mr. Kane was created by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
OOG: NOT CHENJING

Dear Mr. Kane,

Hi! I'm Vallette. I don't stay in the proper too often, but I do deliver a fair bit of mail. Delivering mail is thirsty work, though. I don't often drink at the Dragon's Claw, because nothing is clear about pricing. Like, it seems coffee, tea, and coffee are all free, but an ale costs a full gold? I don't get it.
You have a bill of fare posted, but your tenders never seem to follow it. Also, I think it might benefit from a description of the Dwarven Reserve, Elven Reserve, Dragon's Breath, and Londwynian Whiskey. Is the Dwarven Reserve a good solid stout? Is the Elven reserve a weak but tasty tipple? Is the Dragon's Breath spicy? Is the Londwynian Whiskey oil-flavored? I don't know, because the menu doesn't say. Also, since it appears the menu is more than three years old, and at least the economy back in my shire has changed in three years, the prices might be different.
Thank you Mr. Kane, for your time!

Sincerely,
Vallette Marsh

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
Last edit: 11 Aug 2016 05:11 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
11 Aug 2016 20:18 #2 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Open letter to Mr. Kane
I realize that this was directed at my boss, but as the manager of the Dragon's Claw Inn's bar and dining room, I believe I can answer these questions.

Firstly, that is an old list. We are working on a more up to date one at the moment. It should be ready for viewing shortly. We've gone through a lot of changes in the last few years: two near endings of the world and the recovery thereafter, so we've mostly been doing the menu through word of mouth.

For reasons of health and warmth, in the winter tea, coffee and the like are free. In the summer - especially when there is weather like this - requests for them are so low that generally if there is one that isn't the Baron or one of the witch hunters, I am genuinely surprised.

Regarding our other stocks. Generally this lot just wants ale. Plain old ale. Requests for Dragon's Breath is at an all time low, which surprises me to no end as it aides in one's health for a time. That being said, the others are available. They're our house reserves, so there's only so much of them at any given feast.

Now, Dragon's Breath is more than spicy. It's an extremely strong draught that will knock you out if you have more than one at any given time. When you drink it, it feels like it coats your stomach for a time, and grabs hold of you before deciding to let go.

The Dwarven Reserve is Dworkin's Dwarven Ale, which is made by Honor's Brewery (which for reasons of disclosure I co-own). The ale is a strong one, rich in flavor and very thick, sure to put hair on the face of anyone who drinks it. But then that's the point. It's an old family recipe that was passed down from my grandfather to my uncle and then to me and it is not for the weak of stomach.

The Elven Reserve is actually a very fine Quinarian wine that one of Jonas' suppliers brings us every moon. It's light, has notes of fruit and a subtle spicyness. And yes it is a bit less alcoholic than the Dwarven Ale. We also have the Silverbrew, so-named because it is an ale that was brewed as a thank you to Lord Silverbow several years ago for his assistance in helping myself and Clytie open Honor's Brewery. Both are perfect for those looking for something alcoholic but not wanting to go stumbling drunk home. But then that is half the fun of it.

And no, the Londwynian Whiskey does not taste like oil. But it does burn the back of your throat in just the right way.

Prices at the Dragon's Claw are:
Mug of Ale - 5 silver, this includes all listed reserves, but not any specials we may have that evening. And mind you, some evenings we don't have specials. But we're always getting interesting things in, so feel free to ask.

Bottle of Ale - 1 Gold

Dragon's Breath Ale - 2 gold - it really is that special and worth the purchase. You should try it at least once to see for yourselves.

Food at the inn varies depending on what is made and who has made it.

I hope this has helped.

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn,
Bar and Dining Room Manager
Dragon's Claw Inn

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Jack Webb (MichaelCantor)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds