A call for help against Eden

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
28 Jun 2018 09:12 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
A call for help against Eden was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Hjolda, subjects of travance!

My friends and comrades, I know we've faced many troubles of late, and many of them are caused by the Skitna daughter of Heimdell, Eden. She is a great threat to us all, building many weapons and even, it would appear, trying to turn people into homunculi to "perfect" them and make them like her.

She has taken much from all of us. The lives of friends and allies like Heimdell, Gemini, Abel, Lazarus, and Lilith. She has torn at our very hearts, stolen from us, threatened us, killed our people.

But there is hope. We have struck back at her before: we went to her island and broke the machines she was using to besiege our allies at the Homunculus city. She has harmed herself by taking the souls of so many of her brothers and sisters into herself.

And that is why I am writing this missive today, and posting it openly. If you wish for the return of our friends, we have been working on a device to return them to life once we get their souls out of Eden, presumably by destroying her.

The “we” I speak of us a group dedicated to helping the Homunculi, and has been extant at least since 1216. Captain Jackdaw, Squire Blue Kestrel of Kaladonia, Squire Reno of Kaladonia, myself, Midori Suarez daughter of Mercy, Mother Marika, Zelretch, Meander Correlis, Dirge, and many others have been working both openly and at some times in secret to help Heimdell's creations. The time has come to drop even the pretense of secrecy. We are out of time, and we have suffered much at the hands of our foe.

I have written this to ask for help in developing ways to help the souls within Eden rebel against the one that contains them. If you care for those that Eden has consumed, or simply wish souls to not be so abused by someone else, then reach out to Kestrel or mother Marika to coordinate work with them. If you wish to pit your blade against Eden and her creations, for she has been making not only more homunculi to fight us but other more...hideous things, almagams of various kinds of monsters put together, then send me a missive, or speak to myself or Jackdaw in person. If you would fight against Eden through alchemical means, Meander and Zelretch are those you should consult. If you wish to fight our foe through other means, contact whichever of the figures named that you desire; we are united in our purpose to help our friends.

We must also convince Gilgamesh to join our side, and that the command Heimdell gave him to protect Lilith is still possible, should he join us and fight by our side.

I ask your help, Travance. We should save our friends, and make an end of our foe together, and face a future with Heimdell's children that is one of hope and friendship, instead of hatred and war.

I am yours in Service, Honor, and friendship, Travance.
Grimkjell

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
28 Jun 2018 09:30 #2 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic A call for help against Eden
Though you may not know this,but, myself and Adertha had a very personal connection with Gemineye. I will be the first to join the front lines against her and I'm sure Adertha would say similarly.

I am letting you know now, I am inside her head, quite literally. Grim, and any others who wish to here what I saw last night, I will be glad to speak with you tomorrow evening. But know this, just as I am in her head, she is also in mine. I would very much like to be a part of this plan to fight her, but I believe doing so would be too great a risk for all of your safety. She is watching me, and likely everything I see, she can also see.

I will absolutely work to help you all accomplish your goals in this fight against her but my goal, in all of this, is to save Gemineye. I made them a promise and I broke it last feast. I promised I would protect them and I failed. Now, Adertha and I are working to fight together as they did, wielding the weapons Gemineye made.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
28 Jun 2018 10:18 #3 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic A call for help against Eden
Grim,

I will continue to work with Zelrich and Meanander.
Thank you for this; it will take all of Travance working together to finally deal with Eden.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
28 Jun 2018 10:53 #4 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic A call for help against Eden
You know you have my sword, Cousin. Eden has taken far too much from her family and from us, and she will pay.

Thank you for all that you have done in this fight. I look forward to our fight and our victory.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
28 Jun 2018 11:33 #5 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic A call for help against Eden
Grim, I walked with you last feast and saw what transpired. I will walk with you this upcoming feast to face whatever trials and tribulations come for the town. Eden's darkness will not shadow this land. And I will lend you what aid I can give, be it strength of arms, or perhaps strength of spirit.

I will stand beside you, and fight whatever transpires this moon.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
28 Jun 2018 12:52 - 28 Jun 2018 12:53 #6 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic A call for help against Eden
Brunner & Everyone,

We will absolutely need your strength of spirit. That has been the driving force of everything that our group has done in the past 2 years. Even if you may feel like you don't have applicable skills, like you are not powerful enough to have an impact, or are just new to town, we still need you. Your help will make a difference. I worked closely with Abel in secret consistently for almost a year in order to bring him to the point that he is now. I had no skills that would help, I was not particularly powerful, but I was determined to help a kindred soul and eventually my best friend. Above everything else, we will need your strength of spirit, your refusal to give in no matter the odds, your crazy ideas, your bravery, your resourcefulness, your insight. The things that make you who you are regardless of skill.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
Last edit: 28 Jun 2018 12:53 by Kestrel (Kestrel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
28 Jun 2018 13:00 #7 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic A call for help against Eden
In addition to the work Marika and I are doing on our friends' souls, contact me if you want to help with possible arcane/ chaos/ other metaphysical approaches to the challenges we are going to face. I have a couple potential ideas and would welcome more brainstorming and want to help make sure we use our metaphysical resources/ coordinate with other approaches most efficiently.

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
28 Jun 2018 15:07 #8 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic A call for help against Eden
Imwould also ask any who can make alchemy that is detrimental to Eden, do what you can to arm the people of Travance.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
28 Jun 2018 15:40 #9 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic A call for help against Eden
Grimkjell,

You have my help.
Also, you have the resources of the Church of Light to bring Eden to justice and to protect our allies in the City of the Homonculii.

Father Ephrem,
Flagellant of the Holy Light,
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance,
Pastor of the Mission House of Alomialonde

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
28 Jun 2018 21:22 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic A call for help against Eden
Grim,

While I will not be there this upcoming Feast, I will help in the future however I can. I made a promise to Icarus to get this picture to Gilgamesh and to help her siblings. I refuse to break that promise to her. Please let me know how I can help in the fuure.

Khala Greycloak
Dean of Druidics
Darkwood Academy

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
28 Jun 2018 22:03 #11 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic A call for help against Eden
I have read your request Lieutenant, and I understand what you are asking, as it bears importance to my personal mission.

Since I left this past winter to the Homunculi city-state, and back to my winter home in Bordertown, I did some research into the matter as to if there was a solution to the threat that presents us. For the most part, I have found a few things and even a few theories that could work, and apart from the events of last April, I was hoping to see if any of my theories came true. After coming back this past May, I have seen the work everyone has done in regards to this issue. And it came to my realization that, despite all of what I could have done, it would have been for naught.

Do not see this as a bad thing though, for that the Proper was able to create measures against them that are beyond anything that I could have thought up. Even after taking up the craft of Alchemy, and trying to figure out how to create them via the formula sent across all of the lands, it was nothing compared to the research that was done here not only to hold back the invading tide, but also the methods used towards those affected by her influence. The only regret I have is that I was unable to assist in any fashion whatsoever but given the reasons as to why it had to be kept a secret, I understand why such an avenue had to be made. And after realizing my own actions to this mess, I felt I will only be a burden at best, and a call to obliterate me at worst.

I will send the necessary missives to those that may find my skills useful. If you still wish to have me, I am willing to help, even if I feel the only role I could have now is to be nothing more than a solder on the battlefield. I will be in the feast this weekend if anyone wishes to speak to me in person.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds