To Travance.

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
31 Jul 2018 16:41 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
To Travance. was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Dear Travance,

I want to write this to thank you all for your acceptance, belief, and sacrifices. You do not know what it means to me to be alive and back among my family and friends. You have all fought so hard, gave so much, I cannot form proper gratitude into words.

But with all things there is always one last thread to be followed. My.... Creator Heimdal has given an option to me. It is possible to join the souls of myself and the original Jack Dimms. We would remain within this Homunculous form, but new life would be granted to the fallen northman.

I have approach a few with this task, but this is a call to Galadellian priests who will be willing to help. We must contact the soul of Dimms to see if he choses to return.

For now, I will return to his home in Vindholme. It is without doubt it has grown decrepit over these last few years so I will rebuild it. But ultimately my choice is to stay with Travance. If you consider yourself a friend or family of Jack Dimms, I invite you to come as well.

Until we next meet.

Signed,

Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
31 Jul 2018 17:20 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic To Travance.
(OOG Note: This is not penned directly by Donny. it was written by a man bearing his tartan though, and obviously placed there in his stead with his blessing.)

Duo Laddie,

If ye ken ye need a break, an' yer hoose isna up ta restin' yet, come o'er th' mountains inta Kaladonia an' come fra a visit. If any o' yer friends? family? other...hom.....hum...him....bloody 'ell th' other perfects wish ta come an' seek hospitality, they will find it simply fer th' askin', usual rules applyin' as wi' anyone else.

Scribed at his instruction,
Donny

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
31 Jul 2018 19:53 #3 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic To Travance.
I will come I owe him and you at least that much.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
31 Jul 2018 22:21 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic To Travance.
I still owe you a drink, Jack.

~Nalick

01 Aug 2018 15:09 #5 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic To Travance.
Can anyone explain to us, why Donny writes with an accent. Such a task is much harder to preform than writing normally, and sounds strange and unintelligent when we read such. Like a seagull gasping for air, after swallowing a puffer fish.....

As far for the actual matter of this form.... we hope you die in the process, such creations as yourself duo are nothing more than failures, toys even. That should have been written out of existence internally. Ones worth is measured by the weight of their soul, yours weighs nothing and is fake.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
  • Dunn Ironwill
01 Aug 2018 16:04 #6 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic To Travance.
Moostrav,

Do you remember when you swore to protect me in Ostcliff? How you gifted me a sash in order to keep me from harm's way? Homunculous or not I am still the son of your first knight

I am the same man willing to sacrifice myself for the whole of Travance. And you disrespect me in such a manner. Your hypocrisy sickens me as I believed you to be an honorable man.

Signed,

Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

01 Aug 2018 16:20 #7 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
He did yes, we did nay. The goal sufficed, you weren't eaten. In turn you became less of a reckless problem.

We are fully cognoscente of our actions, and no hypocrisy has fallen upon us yet. You things are but leaches and thorns, finally to serve your purpose of undoing yourselves... yet you couldn't even get that right.

Honor is a weakness, you mindless thrall. It is just another means of speaking of pride. A gluttonous one at that, for someone to think they matter.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Adertha
  • Thank Yous: 67
01 Aug 2018 22:34 #8 by Adertha (mlouscher)
Replied by Adertha (mlouscher) on topic To Travance.
If I may offer a suggestion, take it as you will:
As the spirit in question has already found their resting place and you wish to join them on presumably either side, this may be less of a task for disciples of the Judge so much as one for a hand of the Shepherd.

--N. Adertha

Nethrion Adertha Nides
Professor Of Healing, Darkwood Academy
A Woman Of Relatively Little Consequence

==========
OOG: Eva L
02 Aug 2018 05:46 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Moostrav,

I write like I speak th' common tongue, due ta th' fact tha' I came ta writin' late in life.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Dunn Ironwill
02 Aug 2018 08:54 #10 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Adertha,

It's actually good you wrote to me. I went looking for you the night after we defeated Eden. From what I know of this, as I am Galadellian and so is Dimms, we would need someone close to the Judge to give us entry to Dimms resting place.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

02 Aug 2018 10:08 - 02 Aug 2018 10:08 #11 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic To Travance.
If you thought Moostrav had honor, you are sadly mistaken. He is the abomination he tries to claim you are Jack. Don't take anything he says to heart. I hope you succeed in this quest. You have done much for Travance and deserve happiness.

~Khala

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 10:08 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme).
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
02 Aug 2018 12:50 #12 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic To Travance.
Abomination they are not.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Hurt people hurt people.

We are not being judgmental by separating ourselves from such people. But we should do so with compassion.
Compassion is defined as a keen awareness of the suffering of another coupled with a desire to see it relieved.
People hurt others as a result of their own inner strife and pain. Avoid the reactive response of believing they are bad; they already think so and are acting that way. They aren't bad; they are damaged and they deserve compassion.
Note that compassion is an internal process, an understanding of the painful and troubled road trod by another. It is not trying to change that person.

Moostrav matters, you all matter.

With love and respect,
Angeliana

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
02 Aug 2018 15:03 #13 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Angeliana,

I think in all fairness I have suffered more than him. Given more than him, it, them, whatever the bastard is going by these days. Hate? No. But the Silverfangs do not take lightly to broken pledges.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

02 Aug 2018 16:04 #14 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Hate? No we deal in certain certainties, just as we are certain that your about as smart as bumble bee.
This is to say your a drone, no more no less; your entire life is a lie, and has been constructed to your duress.
You say you suffer, but can a brick feel pain? Nay, for it is unintelligent, brittle, and has no aim.
You lack the worth, or the class to go by such a name.

You sniveling little miscreant, how dare you even jest in such a way.

A broken pledge? As we said he may have had, but we never agreed. This is something we've grown more accustom too over the past lived years.
You see, the sins of the father, are the same as the son. Don't you know how curses work?
There is the contrary, where you do not behold his curse, in which case your a construct, a walking body, lifeless from birth.
But to claim yourself alive, is to say you are his son, and in which case.
We still feel,
This family should be all but done.

Kill them all! Is what we said.
There is compassion, in the passion, of erasing the very thought of you from ever crossing your fathers head.
In this case you would never be made, and your sins to never be done.

We know Wolfgar, we knew him well; But to simply put those who think your worth wile, are not doing well.

We question their sanity!? Yes, oh hypocrisy we; but nothing every good has come from the likes of thee.
Your claim to "heroism", is simply undoing your faults.
You cleaned shop, with a broken mop, and we ALL where left to suffer.
It mattered not where you stood, the legacy of your family is nothing but idiocy inverted. Claiming to be riotous or intelligent, but in truth inert mindless animals pushing buttons just for fun.

To make self riotous little rear stains, such as yourself.

and we're not done.

YOU DARE QUESTION OUR LIFE, AND FATALITIES, WE CARE NOT OF WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH; WE WILL END YOU, YOU STUPID SACK OF BLOOD. SAY SOMETHING WE JEST, WE IMPLORE AND INSIST. TO UNMAKE YOUR KIND, IS ANOTHER MARK ON OUR LIST.

We spoke to many, dissatisfied with the decisions made to spare the lot of you, and find Travance as a whole weak as ever to make such a decision. There will be a day where they learn you cannot run into a sword with your arms spread open and expect a hug. Fate however, keeps feeding them bullshit and ruin. We dill die from their "Kindness".

Some call us a monster, some call us a creature, and others an abomination. If you do so choose, we will take such a mantel. For your green hearts need something to balance out all the absolute and infuriating garbage that is spewed from them on a daily basis. This town has done nothing but question our actions, and thank our results, disregarding credit where it is due. So don't be surprised where we lay, in regards to the blades that cut you. This place has put us there.

So we will sit, and wait, and live as we always have. Just know we are there, and always will be.

We will not have our integrity questioned by a toy.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
02 Aug 2018 17:59 #15 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic To Travance.
Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

Nothing that we despise in other men is inherently absent from ourselves. We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or don't do, and more in light of what they suffer.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. You can neither judge nor compare what you do not know about them.

The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.

With love and respect,
Angeliana

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
03 Aug 2018 00:26 - 03 Aug 2018 10:02 #16 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic To Travance.
To Moostrav and any who may take solace in his deplorable words:

Any among you who unsheathe a weapon to further an agenda of unmaking an entire race will find resistance firm, determined, and unmoving.

~Sergeant Nalick DeMarche
Baronial Guard

Last edit: 03 Aug 2018 10:02 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Swyft (agentswift), Terzak (TheArchMage), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Kestrel (Kestrel), Solitaire (nobody2357), UraltS (deloozea)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
03 Aug 2018 08:01 #17 by Simon (BigZ)
Replied by Simon (BigZ) on topic To Travance.
There are likely many onlookers, possibly even those new to Travance.
It is important that you know Moostrav's position on homunculi is one of cowardice and willful ignorance.
The facts have been layed out many times for him to see.
To engage in further discussion with him is to humour an ill-tempered child that only seeks attention.

If any of you have serious questions on our homunculus allies, I will answer them.
Either here or via missive.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Kestrel (Kestrel), Midori Suarez (krykit), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
03 Aug 2018 10:57 #18 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic To Travance.
Mercy is not weakness.

And bullying is not strength.

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Kestrel (Kestrel)
03 Aug 2018 11:21 #19 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic To Travance.
I would echo Za'hel... Zelretch's... offer (Sorry Toucan I don't know which name you wanna use.) Anyone who isn't super mad that they didn't get to commit genocide wants to ask about the new race of people that want to ally with Travance, I will also happily answer questions.

Mister Duo, Galladel and I... walk on different roads, it's not my thing, so I'm afraid I can't help you, but I wish you the best of luck.

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
03 Aug 2018 12:24 #20 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic To Travance.
Those who wish to cause mass genocide on an entire race are simply cowards acting out of fear. While the homonculi WERE created, their souls and personalities are each vastly different, just like any other person. Do not fault an entire race for the actions of a select few. If any try to harm those that I call friends, they will understand what it feels like to be in the path of the Storm.

((OOG: No signature, but the Eye of Malyc is drawn on the bottom of the parchment))

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
03 Aug 2018 12:39 #21 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
(OOG Note: not written or put to the board by Donny, but at his instruction, by a person bearing his tartan)
Ze'hel and Jackdaw,

While I am saddened that I did not get to take Eden's skull to silver and use as a paperweight for the crimes she committed against fellow Hibernians and kin, I will accept what has been done.

Let it be known that any of the homunculi people who do not seek the destruction of all other sentient beings can find help and hospitality in Kaladonia, at the house of Donald MacFhionnlaigh. The rules of hospitality apply as for all other sentient beings.

By direction Steel and Courage,
Donald MacFhionnlaigh
Blood Spirit
Clan Farquharson, Sept MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
03 Aug 2018 12:44 #22 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic To Travance.
Moostrav, you're an embarrassment to the Ostfolk. Please stop.

Jack Duo, while I am no longer a Galadellian, If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate.

-Robert Morgan

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
  • Raxas
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 14
03 Aug 2018 14:03 #23 by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar)
Replied by Raxas (Raxas Lonestar) on topic To Travance.
Duo,
If you are ever in Travance and anyone gives you problems seek me out. I will not hesitate to make it stop. This goes also for any of the homunculus that are reading this.

Let them live in peace. They did not ask for what they are.

Raxas

OOG: Randy Werd
Marshal
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
03 Aug 2018 15:29 #24 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic To Travance.
Mob justice will prevail
Where the law utterly fails.
You're all perpetuating
Such a prominent problem.

Niko

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
03 Aug 2018 15:35 #25 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
We wish only to live as we please, we did not ask for anything we lived through. We remember it all, and simply cannot do this back and forth.

There was a moment we where even happy in that world. There was no one over us with a thumb, but we found something of peace on that flotilla.

Us to speak for them; this transition is hard, and abruptness taxing. To grow so much, and have it wrenched from you.

This hatred douse not simply go away, the majority says we hate you all equally. But for some, to be oppressed again cannot and will not stand.

To those that say our hated is weakness, you can take whatever holy symbol you go by and shove it right up your rear.

The “exploration of hate” earlier was the doing of three. Yet is of five and up, excluding seven, but including two; all do not share similar views to those that responded earlier.

They won Nico’s game in that moment, we win in this moment. Good day to you all. We must consult one another on more pressing concerns.

To note: we show respect to any who voiced distain in our words, and where confidant enough to sign their name. To sign anything with simply your gods symbol only serves to prove you are a waist of space. To that one, we would take their death over any pail toy, any day.

Moostrav Potrevski

Jacob F.
  • Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
03 Aug 2018 16:11 #26 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Replied by Dennis Brand (Devin) on topic To Travance.
Why combine souls?
Why risk bringing one back that has been so long put to rest?
How do you even know the soul wants to come back?
Is there a problem with the current soul inhabiting the homunculus body?

-DB

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
  • Dunn Ironwill
03 Aug 2018 16:34 #27 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Dennis,

Because I see the sadness in the eyed of those around me. They see still a memory of what one could argue of a thread cut too short.

As for if Dimms wants to, we will have to find that out. Ultimately his choice. But being that Jack and I have the same memories, goals, loves, I would argue the he may have unfinished business.

Either way wether we combine souls or not, my soul is fine and pledge to the safety of Travance.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
03 Aug 2018 17:01 #28 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Replied by Dennis Brand (Devin) on topic To Travance.
Your ability to pinpoint my handwriting is astonishing given there are very few writing samples to compare it to, and I did not sign my name. Bravo to you. Should anyone ever be in need to find the identity of the author of any given piece of writing, I know who to point them to immediately.

Though I must ask, if you share the same memories, goals, loves, etc. as the soul you wish to disturb, doesn't that essentially make you the same being? What is to gain by fusing souls? And have you considered the risks of such a ritual? Various Travancians have long warned that one should not mess with the spirits unless absolutely necessary. So I ask, is this absolutely necessary? Because from what has been said, it is not.

- Dennis

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
  • Dunn Ironwill
03 Aug 2018 20:52 #29 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Dennis,

Forgive if you wished for your name to be kept a secret. To be honest.... I sorta just saw the initials and took a shot in the dark. They're not many I know with the same.

From what Heimdal explained, this ritual seems very light in nature. To be similar to one finding the Phokus in the Spirit World. The worst thing to happen if unsuccessful and without outside flim flam is that my soul returns to this body. And I continue on with my life.

As for how necessary this is, well... Wouldn't you want a 2nd chance if you were just finding your place in the world? Only to have your life taken from you? Would you not try to become whole again? It maybe a hard thing for those who don't bear the same burden. To realize you are... split... If that's using the right analogy... between two sides of the same coin is heartbreaking.

Beyond that, from what Jack and myself have suffered, do we not deserve a chance at finding true peace? To accomplish what we wish together, to grow old, seeing the fruits of our labor, and to die knowing we actually made our mark and difference to the world.

Perhaps it is too difficult to explain this... But there is a sadness, deep in my soul after finding out the manner in which Dimms died, what he had to give to find a place in Eodra, to be separated from his family so abruptly after finding it that disturbs me to my core.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
03 Aug 2018 23:19 - 04 Aug 2018 13:26 #30 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic To Travance.
Except, Dimms died. His soul was seen by Galladel. by all rights he should be at rest in Eodra. Are you telling me that him being back alive, not in his original body, is better than his happiness/restfulness in Eodra? What if this works and he didn't want to come back? Then you just ripped a soul from Eodra and then what?

-Caelvan Renaith McKraegar

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 13:26 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.775 seconds