To Travance.

• Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
03 Aug 2018 23:58 #31 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic To Travance.
He had said previously, multiple times, that he will speak to Dimms' soul and see if he wishes to return.

Duo, I am but a mere follower of Galladel and I had come to town just after Dimms' death. But he is family to my Knight and a friend to my friends so if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

-Squire Ebony Hale

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
04 Aug 2018 06:47 - 04 Aug 2018 14:05 #32 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic To Travance.
Yes, as mentioned before. This is Dimms choice. We must speak to him, give him the option. If he agrees he returns to a body crafted from his own as the only difference between the original and mine is flesh color. I even have every mole Jack Dimms once had. And whose to say he is at peace? His death was abrupt, lonely, I could only imagine how sad he was in front of Galadel when he was judged.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 14:05 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms).
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
04 Aug 2018 14:58 - 04 Aug 2018 14:58 #33 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic To Travance.
(not Magnus)

I was passing through Travance on my way to shut off the "Genesis Protocol" on behalf of Belengchand when i saw this, so if i may interject briefly,

Consider this offer a brief moment of recompense for previous misdeeds on my part.

This "ritual" is based around the ever changing powers existing in the world. Simply put it would not have been possible six to eight months ago.

This additionally will not work if your "divine judge" or the soul of the original jack Dimms wish for it not to return. I have gone through great lengths of setting this up to work in a way that is acceptable by your customs.

I hope this clears up any confusion about the process i have laid forth for Mr. Duo

A. Heimdell

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Last edit: 04 Aug 2018 14:58 by Magnus (hippy g0th).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
04 Aug 2018 18:50 #34 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic To Travance.
I'd like to place an order for a flatbread with melted cheese and tomato sauce on it.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Aug 2018 11:58 #35 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic To Travance.
Jack Dimms sought death with an eagerness not even matched by Magnus. Through his final death he has found peace. Let him rest.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Dunn Ironwill
07 Aug 2018 16:34 #36 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Edwin,

Is it really peace? An assassin cut him down and from what I've been told he dies rescuing someone on the battlefield against Surtur. He lived and died trying so desperately trying to understand his new home and finding his place within not only his cousins that had shunned him for so long, but a new family.

In short life, I can tell you, with barely any doubt, he never experienced joy. True joy. I see his memories, all covered in scarlet cloak of the ravens field. Is that a life?

And before you answer, I ask you put aside your biased that I know remains within and think as if you were Dimms. So much blood, suffering, war, hatred, confusion. It was not til I entered Travance that he knew what it meant to be loved.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

07 Aug 2018 23:21 #37 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic To Travance.
Jack Duo,

I have heard many stories of your heroics and though we have never had the chance to meet in person, I can empathize with desire to become whole again. If I can be of service to your cause, let me know this coming Feast.

I trust that the Mistress of the Occult and the ranking clergy will see to the reunion's success, regardless of which direction that takes you.

~ Sgt. Arradir Go-Dringol

PS: Should you fear "mob justice" or concern for your safety, simply request any Guardsmen's presence. You are a subject of Travance and a champion of her People, you are alloted as much regardless of your soul's composition.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
07 Aug 2018 23:38 #38 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic To Travance.
Jack,

Don't listen to those who are trying to argue against what you are doing. You are taking all the necessary steps, and if this winds up being what Dimms wants, then it will happen. I will have your back if anyone tries to start anything.

~Khala [strike]Laro[/strike] Greycloak

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
08 Aug 2018 00:49 #39 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic To Travance.
I believe people are concerned because no one really understands how homunculus souls work (besides their creator)- much less how to merge a real soul with a fake one. In the past, it was possible for an exceptionally strong willed healer to call a soul back and ask if they wish to exist again- but there was always a new body made just as it is made during a resurrection. This is apparently not going to be the case. It is not nearly as simple as you may think.

-Mae Fang
Soul Warden

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
08 Aug 2018 00:52 #40 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic To Travance.
So we try it and either it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, we tweak it and try again. I'm sure Heimdall has taken what he needs to into consideration before making this suggestion.

~Khala Greycloak

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Aug 2018 01:09 - 08 Aug 2018 01:15 #41 by Liz (Liz)
The issue here is if it doesn't work... the spirit might be making it NOT work. The soul has the final say. If we are going to "tweak it and try again", that implies that the people doing this may be ignoring the soul's wishes and trying to force this to happen. Which is not something many people would ever be alright having happen.

That being said- I have read Mister Heimdall's missive and I feel confident that he has kept this in mind. Im just making sure the Travancians do as well.

-Mae Fang
Soul Warden

Allyce

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan

Allyce

Marshal
Land Staff
Last edit: 08 Aug 2018 01:15 by Liz (Liz).
  • Dunn Ironwill
08 Aug 2018 07:49 #42 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Mae,

How dare you consider my soul fake. It was proven during Unity that my soul can linger on the Spirit Realm. It can come through a phokus. It is real. So it ain't the will a real soul take the fake soul, it is the remnants of Dimms within mine coming together with the rest of his. To call my soul fake is to consider me as less of a person. I have fought beside this town too many times already to not be considered a fully alive, thinking, free person.

Signed,
Jack Duo

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
08 Aug 2018 07:53 #43 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic To Travance.
Ms. Zhang

The artificial soul functions in every way a naturally created soul does, to the point of Galladell himself claiming they count as "real". The only honest difference is in how they are created.

A.Heimdell

P.s. Genesis is officially shut down and will not be waking up in two years. Now I'm going to take a short Vacation to khittan.

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
08 Aug 2018 11:48 #44 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic To Travance.
Oh! Tell Khitan I said hello!

-Midori Suarez
Daughter of Mercy

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Aug 2018 13:57 #45 by Liz (Liz)
Apparently using the term “fake” instead of “artificial” was offensive- my apologies. However, my point still stands- your soul is entirely separate from Jack Dimms’ soul. Is it entirely reasonable for me to be concerned over combining the two and what it might mean for the person left afterwards. In the past, having 2 souls in one body was not only improbable but ended with the body being killed in order to set one soul free. You have your own memories and life experiences separate from his now- one might say you are your own being.

I only urge caution and attempt to explain why some might not embrace this idea.

-Mae Fang
Soul Warden

Allyce

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan

Allyce

Marshal
Land Staff
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
08 Aug 2018 14:01 #46 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic To Travance.
Jack,

There are... side effects to melding a homunculus soul with a human one. Do speak with me privately about them before you decide to go through with this.

-Lois Blair-Heimdell

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
09 Aug 2018 00:52 #47 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic To Travance.
You would do well to consult with the Seneschal, cousin! Hjolda!

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
09 Aug 2018 04:23 #48 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic To Travance.
I heard Dimms die,

R.T.

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
09 Aug 2018 17:39 - 09 Aug 2018 17:41 #49 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic To Travance.
Suddenly it’s some big problem what a man does with his own body and soul?

Come off it. Really. You judge him for such petty nonsense that likely many of you are probably guilty of in some way. Seriously?

Leave him alone. Why is it such an issue what magical bullshit he’s been through? What his choice is? He had the audacity to post a message so therefore you leap on him like rabid dogs? And they call my kind savage!

Dimms. Duo. Whatever. You do you. If you’re a reckless oaf and get killed again because of it I will have no sympathy for you nor should anyone else. But if I see or hear you being bullied, God help me I will put a very quick and likely violent end to whoever is perpetrating it.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 09 Aug 2018 17:41 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf), Solitaire (nobody2357)
  • Brian T.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You cannot escape me, even through death.
  • Thank Yous: 186
09 Aug 2018 21:08 #50 by Brian T. (Renthios)
Replied by Brian T. (Renthios) on topic To Travance.
-This message arrives on the official letterhead of the Church of Kormyre, direct from Glangsdale-

Esteemed Citizens of Travance,

It has been only a few precious weeks, and already there is far too much public outcry about this topic. So much so that my first official day on the job, I received missive, highlighting much of what was said here. Duo, or Dimms, however you wish to refer to the being currently among you, has gone to great lengths to pursue the restitution of a soul that may have been judged before its time. As such, they have spoken with the church, and a representative will be sent in two moon's time, provided this situation has not been resolved by then. In the meantime, Mr. Duo-Dimms, I strongly urge you to confer with the cooler heads in this task, most notably the esteemed Seneschal, as she has a plethora of experience with the homunculi. Also, speak with Mae Fang, her powers as a warden of souls before the World Ritual changed our powers were substantial and impressive. She may be able to assist you in some capacity as well.

If you find another member of Galladel's clergy among you that is willing to aid in your ritual sooner, then please send us a missive here at the Sanctus Luminarium, and we will refrain from sending one of our representatives there to perform the necessary rites. Otherwise, prepare whatever you need, and one of us will be there to assist you as soon as we are able. Petitioning the Judge is not to be taken lightly, though I feel as if your endeavor has been Fated to enjoy a degree of success, considering all that I have read and pondered over thus far. You seem to have this Heimdell's vote of confidence as well, though I am not sure how popular he is at the moment, given the recent bout of unpleasantness that the world has endured at the hands of his children.

To the rest of you, just remember that everything you penned goes on the scales at the end of your days, and will be judged accordingly.

All the Best From the Fort to the West,

Father T. E.
Novitiate Zealot

OOG: Brian T.
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist), Midori Suarez (krykit)
21 Aug 2018 01:32 #51 by Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
Replied by Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf) on topic To Travance.
Jack -
I did not know you in [strike]life[/strike] your previous life, however I heard a plethora of good things about you. So... if you would be willing to allow me, I would like to assist you through this endeavor in any way that I am able/allowed to.

- Raine G. [strike]Hei[/strike] Darkmore

~Raine G. Darkmore
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds