Who shot me?

• Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
06 Aug 2018 01:27 #1 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Who shot me? was created by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
No seriously, who shot at me?

-Orophin

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
06 Aug 2018 01:30 - 06 Aug 2018 01:32 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Who shot me?
(OOG: Not Signed)

Eden had an island had a cannon that could wipe out a continent. As Travanse was taking down the cannon was about to fire. Lord Rudolph had made the order to aim the cannon directly at Evernight.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 01:32 by Chesta (Kevin). Reason: Grammar
06 Aug 2018 07:18 - 06 Aug 2018 07:21 #3 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Who shot me?
[strike]Two[/strike] Actually three things:

1) Just because you didn't sign this, doesn't mean it's not obvious you wrote this. Your handwriting is everywhere.

2) You should have at least given Lord Rudolf a day to admit his own actions if your accusation is even true instead of immediately throwing his name out there.
True, he does not pass by here often because his lands are the edge of the Barony but you could have sent him a message to give him a chance. The same way I'm about to send him a message to either admit it or defend himself.

3) Spell his name correctly if you're going to accuse him.

-Dame Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 07:21 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
06 Aug 2018 09:17 #4 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Who shot me?
Orophin,

If you are referring to the cannon on Eden's island, then yes, I helped turn the cannon towards Evernight.

At the time the cannon was rotated, I personally had no idea if the cannon would fire, but I knew that if it did, we needed to point it away from Travance. In the heat of the moment, I selected a direction and it was towards Evernight.

Did I fire the cannon? No. Eden did.

If you wish to discuss this matter further, you may join us at the next Baronial Feast in Travance Proper in August. This is supposing that you are legally permitted to return to Travance and are capable of walking around during the day in your current state.

In Service to Ostcliff,
Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
07 Aug 2018 06:08 #5 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Who shot me?
Wait... Wait... Someone SHOT AT YOU?!

Why is everyones instinct to destroy Evernight?

~Khala

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
09 Aug 2018 04:27 #6 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Who shot me?
Because. It is a terrible place. It is full of skeletons.

Sincerely,
Robert Tzaareth

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
09 Aug 2018 04:41 #7 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Just because it is not your ideal place doesn't mean it's terrible for everyone. I never had an issue there. And our good friend Orophin calls it home, so can it really be that bad?

Khala Greycloak
Dean of Druidics

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
09 Aug 2018 10:36 #8 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Who shot me?
Yes.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
09 Aug 2018 11:06 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Who shot me?
Love Orophin to death but yes

Magnus

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
09 Aug 2018 11:26 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Bah. You all just have no sense of fun!

Khala Greycloak
Dean of Druidics

• Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
09 Aug 2018 13:07 #11 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Who shot me?
Evernight is one of the longest standing enemies of Travance alongside New Gaaldron. The Arcanum are a standing threat to our way of life, not including that the place has a great deal of Arcane Son activity, including some members of the Arcanum being a part of that cult.

Tell me again that it's a fun place.
Tell me you support those forces.
Tell me you would treat with those people.

Go ahead.

Maybe recognize what Orophin said and what words you're putting into his mouth.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
09 Aug 2018 13:57 #12 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Who shot me?
The first thing I want to say is to echo what people have said. Most of Evernight is a terrible place, there are places that I don't even dare walk around. It was (until recently) a bastion of the enemies of Travance, which is the only reason I made it my home during my exile. Mostly it is filled with those too hated to live anywhere else.

That being said, over time I came to realize that unlike other places I have run from when I came to have a disagreement with individuals, Travance is more than just a location to me. So understand that when I say that in my exile I took a great chance to establish something that was flirted with a long time ago. Parts of Evernight are at odds with other parts of Evernight, it is perhaps the least united "nation" on Arawyn. Officially the leaders of Evernight are at odds with Travance, but the real "power" of Evernight is not.

The Obsidian King and several Arcanum are directly at odds with the Arcane Sons and other former political leaders of the nation of Evernight, and if Travance continues to lend support to those sympathetic to our common goals of the advancement of Arawyn rather than its destruction a great alliance could (perhaps) be forged. If however we fire reality shattering guns at the island, and attack every lich that walks into town wishing nothing more than to aid us that will never happen. I wished to speak with Lord Rudolf directly, but I will say publicly given how many have weighed in on the subject that perhaps in the future direct your aggression at Doth Moria, who are in fact the open enemies of Travance you think of when you think of Arcane Sons and the like.

Khala,
I don't need public sympathy, and you are not going to change minds on Evernight. I don't know if I can, but I feel like I am obliged to try. This isn't like a pack of wolves that have come to like people because of positive associations they've made, most of Evernight wants nothing more than to kill anyone living. I am the first person that will tell anyone who wants to go to Evernight, DON'T. Or if you absolutely must at least let me come with you. I have an understanding with them given the sacrifices I made during the time of the Null.

Secondly, I have come to understand that for the second time I missed (to the fault of my own self preservation) some insight into the future in a terrible world where yet another black sorcereress successfully enveloped the land under her rule. I understand it was five years some lived out, and I have heard that most were cut off from direct contact with Eodra, and I understand how hard fighting for survival may have been difficult. However, you are back to the real world very much alive and you WILL learn to adapt BACK to reality. A reality in which YOU DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME WITH DIRECT HERESY THAT MAKES MYSELF, AND MOST LIKELY EVERY OTHER DEVOUT MALYCITE WANT TO SILENCE YOU WITH THE COLD EMBRACE OF DEATH. You ARE NOT the Avatar of Malyc, any learned individual can see this. If you are being metaphorical, than understand that to me that word is as taboo as Lord or Lady to Travance. Sign your posts differently, or declare Omerta. Either outcome is fine with me.

Deacon Orophin Earfalas,
Ambassador to Evernight

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Swyft (agentswift), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
09 Aug 2018 14:48 #13 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Who shot me?
((NOT WINKS))

Deacon Earfalas,

I would like to believe, despite our blaring philosophical differences, that you and I have a modicum of respect for each other. As such, I would like to corroborate Lord Rudolf's statements. Things were exceedingly hectic on Eden's floating island that night. I was attempting to deactivate her cannon to the best of my abilities, yet while I worked it continued to fire on the people of Travance at Eden's behest. When we realized the cannon could be turned away from our forces, Lord Rudolf, as the ranking noble closest to me, chose which way to point it, and I undertook to do so.

I admit to having my own prejudices towards Evernight, for mostly the same reasons as others. But if you would like to discuss further both what happened that night as well as the things you've stated here, I will endeavor to make myself available.

In service,
William Sterling

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
09 Aug 2018 15:21 #14 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Oh don't worry, I fully accept and am aware that Evernight is dangerous for the living. But I enjoy a little thrill now and again. I have yet to be caught when I want to get around somewhere and know what to do to protect myself. I am intrigued by the place and there are things there that I wish to look further into for some personal goals of mine.

As for my signature, well, it still feels like five years even if it wasnt actually and perhaps old habits die hard. I have called myself as such and behaved as such. BUT I guess since you have asked so nicely my dear sweet Orophin, I will remove it for the time being. Let's call it another life goal then.

~Khala Greycloak
Dean of Druidics

• Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
09 Aug 2018 15:59 #15 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Who shot me?
Orophin
We should talk privately as many are opposed to change in the world.

To Khala,

If you wish to find an early grave, continue down this path. I renounce you as my apprentice. If you want to continue to have my teachings, you will have to earn back the right to be an apprentice. That is not acting a fool. Your father would be aghast at what you have become. Good that you dont wear his name.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
09 Aug 2018 18:07 #16 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Dimetri,

Do not speak of things you know nothing about. You throw around my family a lot for one who doesn't actually know them. As for denouncing me, well, I think that carries far less weight to me than you think. You might have set me on the path to druidics, yet I have mastered them without your help through my own hard work. I have other plans now that do not require you.

~Khala

• Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
09 Aug 2018 18:21 #17 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Who shot me?
Khala or impudent one,

I have traded around Arawyn...Your Laroux family, rather your father is a good tradesman. Think I dont know the people I train. Think your secrets are secrets...they are nothing but barn swallow.

If you think you has suppassed me or my teaching which you flout, I challenge you to prove it. I will set up several tests. You pass them...and I will prove what you say to be true. If you fail, you will renounce this pathetic attempt at thinking you are better then those around you.

I await your response.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
09 Aug 2018 22:41 #18 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
It's good to know that you can track down the public face of my family. YOU did not have to live and learn from them. Do not try to tell me about my own family.

As for your test, what do you hope to prove? If I succeed, then I succeed. If I fail at part, then I find something that I need to improve on and become even stronger. Do you think I haven't learned from the mistakes I have made? No. I learn. And I adapt. And in the end, I always come out on top. So yes, I will take your test if you wish. But do not think that you can break me easily. You cannot tame me.

~Khala Greycloak
Dean of Druidics

• Chris D
  • Thank Yous: 63
10 Aug 2018 12:05 #19 by Chris D (Brogan)
Replied by Chris D (Brogan) on topic Who shot me?
Orophin,
Can we not drag Doth Moria into this? It is very vast lands filled with many of its own factions. It would be awful thought to have Travance use acts of aggressions and see them put their own infighting to the side for revenge. Plus the threats from there are as real as the threat from Evernight. Might be best to leave both alone unless we are looking for a fight for the sake of a fight. Just a thought.

Amir

Cyan Bloodbane

oog- Chris D
10 Aug 2018 16:30 #20 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic Who shot me?
We find this funny,
Not that you where shot at Orophin,
Nor everyone's mixed feeling on this subject,
But the incoherent collection of them all, lacking conversation structure or understanding,
We find refreshing,
Glad you haven't died yet.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds