Moresca Ball

16 Nov 2018 23:00 #1 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Moresca Ball was created by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Hello All!
I am pleased to announce that I have been requested by the Count to act as the Master of Ceremonies once more for the annual Moresca Ball!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone dressed to impress for this year's festivities. Though now is a trying time for all of us, I hope to make this evening a memorable one with revelry and excitement. Entertainment and morale are exceptionally important in times of war.

Please note....

I have been made aware that several of the active candidates for King or Queen of Kormyre will be in attendance and you will have the opportunity to get to know them better.

Please note that guests are welcome to come and mill about the beautiful castle grounds as early as two o’clock.

A few general announcements....

Ashbey Family Portraits! – The Ashbey family will be at the Winterdark ball this year with their Londwynian Image Devices! They will be in one of the most important places in the entire room.... near the food. If you see them, feel free to stop by and let them capture your picture! Their prices during the normal weekend feasts are the same low prices as the ball! 20 Baronial notes for one image, 5 Baronial notes for each additional one 50 Baronial notes for ALL of your images.

The War Map will be present. There will not be any official overseeing the map, but it will be present simply for those who wish to view it.

The grounds are open for wandering. While the grounds are open all night, they are more beautiful to view before dark.

Schedule of Events
Guests will begin being announced around five o'clock as they enter His Grace’s Grand Ballroom. Same procedure as last year. Please write down your name and title(s) as well as the name and title(s) of your guest/ date. This needs to be done LEGIBLY. If you are unable to do this, please seek out a scholar or someone with more advanced literacy than yourself for this feat. I would like you all to hold onto these papers and present them to me AS you enter the hall.

6:00 PM - Feasting
After all introductions have been made the Count's Feasting Hall will be open.

7:00 PM – Competition of Storytelling or non-musical entertainment
Spin us a yarn, tell us a tale, intrigue us with stories of the past! Alternatively, entertain us with another skill you possess! Three prizes will be awarded!

8:00 PM- Promenade Dancing
Learn the very latest and most traditional steps danced in nearly every kingdom and empire! Run by myself! After the last official dance is done, all ball goers will be encouraged to dance freely with their partners or on their own through the evening.

9:00 PM – Parlor Games
Through the evening there will be fun Parlor games run in various locations of the keep.

10:30 PM - Competition of Music
Let your voices ring out and your music take flight! Three prizes will be awarded!

11:30 PM - Competition of Fashion
At the end of the night, three unknown judges will have convened to discuss and vote on the winners of this years fashion contest. Be sure to show off and brag of your attire to the Count as he will surely have a hand in the judging. Five prizes will be awarded!

As always, I look forward to seeing everyone and greeting you all. Should you have any questions about the various exciting options for the night, please seek me out! I will be dressed in the gold and black of the Barony with an ornate mask.

With Love from your Master of Ceremonies,
Ravyn

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds