From those of us heading off to the front...

• Cobus Puren
  • Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...
  • Thank Yous: 48
23 Jan 2019 04:31 - 23 Jan 2019 15:44 #1 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
From those of us heading off to the front... was created by Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Citizens of Travance,

Feast's over, the undead are re-dead, and those of us in our home's service are packing our kit to head off to war once again (it's a new war for me, but that's besides the point). Just wanted to ask for those of you holding down the home front to keep us in your thoughts and send some goodies out our way when the loggies drop those teleportation portals for supplies. Hardtack and salted beef get old after a while. Little bit of proper scran here and there does a [strike]soldier's[/strike] sailor's morale good.

I polled a few of my shipmates, here's what's in demand based off the (admittedly small) poll:

1) Like I said, good scran. Proper jerky, candied fruit, bread that won't break your teeth...you know, stuff the bluejackets and grunts would enjoy eating, eh?

2) Any kit we can't beg, borrow, or steal, or just didn't think to bring. Extra frogs for a sword belt, better primers for arquebus rounds, fancy cleaning kit for an arquebus, good-quality whetstone for a blade, a spare headwrap, spyglasses for when we're doing a recce---anything you think we might be able to use, I'll tell you right now we bloody well can. And if we can't, we can use it to barter with our mates for things we can.

3) Technically part of item 2, but good pouches, belt bags, haversacks and what-have-you. No sense having good kit if you can't carry it all, and leaving your stuff lying round a bunch of sailors is a bad idea. Gear adrift is gear a-gift!

4) Letters from home. Family, friends, loved ones, write---nothing does more to lift our spirits than a little reminder of what's waiting for us when the campaign's over.

5) Anything else you might think might be good for morale. You lot know the people on the front better than I, and what'll keep morale high. If you got an idea for a little something for someone, send it!

I'm damned sorry I can't stick round Travance proper to sort out some fanatics, but I got no doubt you lot'll have that situation well in hand. Meanwhile I'm off to try and find my sea legs.

Wish me luck.

Cobus Puren
Captain of the Kormyrian Royal Navy
Commanding officer, KSS Saguaro and the 1st Raider Force

(OOG: Jason Trommer)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2019 15:44 by Cobus Puren (Jason T.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds