Chaz is back and working for someone new

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
01 Jul 2019 15:55 - 01 Jul 2019 15:56 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Chaz is back and working for someone new was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Hjolda my friends!

It would appear our unreliable acquaintance Chaz is back, once again having made a bad deal with some force that likely intends us ill.

He is working for someone called the witness along with a dark haired and mustachioed man know only as the announcer. They both appear to be coerced into service at the danger of their lives.

They are enacting pit fights involving a bevy of strange creatures that are matched against our town. I would imagine the creatures are also slaves as well.

We are remotely viewed,helped and hindered from strange glowing orbs that seem to hold the presence of many others.

I would ask those that witnessed these fights, and those with previous experience with Chaz (or just helpfully intentioned folk) to assist with research and fact finding about his new master. I suspect it presages a dangerous ordeal for Travance. But I cannot speculate beyond that without more knowledge of our watchers.

Yours in honor and service.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 15:56 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
01 Jul 2019 15:59 #2 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
(Oog please contact me with any research)

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
02 Jul 2019 10:05 #3 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
You have my help.

In service,

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
  • Kraden Arrav
  • "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, but the strength of the wolf is the pack."
  • Thank Yous: 16
05 Jul 2019 05:05 #4 by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
Replied by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Might I inquire who this "Chaz" is and what they have to do with the pit fighting and slavery ring? If theres anything I can do to help I will gladly do so without hesitation. I just need more information first.

《OOG- Craig Carl》
05 Jul 2019 10:08 #5 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Chaz is the man who assisted us with dealing with the tarot deck cult and its various monstrosities this past October I believe it was?

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
08 Jul 2019 13:11 #6 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
You all have this. I want nothing to do with it. Have fun, good luck, I'm out.

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ephrem (bamore62), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
08 Jul 2019 15:17 #7 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Probably for the best, Captain.

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jul 2019 13:52 #8 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
First off there were no slaves. I DON'T DEAL IN SLAVES

Second off my employer is paying to watch you guys fight of your own volition, plus you aren't the only [strike]contestants[/strike] [strike]teams[/strike] group of adventures they have offered such deals to.

Lastly I also helped you lot deal with fallow a few months back, so just do me a tiny favor as pay back and keep the bosses entertained... it will be worth your while.

Chaz

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
17 Jul 2019 14:21 #9 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
You officially have my attention.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm feeling Lucky.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
18 Jul 2019 19:47 #10 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
This has my attention.

Ser Grashügel, what part of this are you researching, so I don't happen to research the same thing. The more answers we can get the better.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
18 Jul 2019 22:03 - 18 Jul 2019 22:07 #11 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
In case it wasn't clear, I mean I'm interested in participating in this fight pit, and making money. Chaz, you have my attention.

-Lucky

P.S. If anyone wants to put together some sort of team, I'm game.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 22:07 by Tom P (Father Ridigan).
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
29 Jul 2019 02:19 #12 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
We got some more information which i'm going to mention here.

I will likely get details wrong, so I request that those who are smarter than me or managed to write something down correct my findings.

First things first, Chaz and his companions, and ALL the fighters we saw in this strange vision Moostrav was able to conjure up by working with Oakley (My sincere thanks to you both, I owe you a debt of honor) are somehow enslaved to the 3 witnesses. There are three... people of power. We could see only outlines and that they were a bunch of damned fancy ponces, beyond that I have no details. They have some sort of arcane chains about the fighters, and whoever wins the tournament shall have the freedom of all those who participated within their hands.

I propose Travance form a team with the intent of winning, and also figure out some way of disrupting and permanently shattering the fun of these so-called witnesses. They have apparently been playing games with the lives of people for 200 years. This will end in Travance.

While I am myself a man of honor and will not cheat blade to blade, there are a lot of angles to be worked in these contests. I would imagine our more roguish and clever folk might relish a chance to sway the odds on our favor, or somehow make it so that no matter what takes place in the Arena we are victorious. I suggest those of you of this inclination begin planning, though I of course wouldn't presume to dictate details. If someone would like to coordinate efforts and organize things so that we're all not pulling against each other that might be useful.

Another thing of note is that we'll have allies, or at least those that would likely be on our side. A noble person of Kormyre, though of older clothes than is currently in fashion within the place was seen. I wasn't able to place them, but a suitably skilled and knowledgeable researcher with cultural and historical focuses might have more luck there (oog note: Consult with Matt M if you want to research this). one of the food-sellers who seened forced cheerful but was actually fairly annoyed about her position might also be a possible ally. Beyond that, I know not, but it would appear that there is a great following to these great battles beyond just the Witnesses themselves. We should prepare accordingly.

Of other note is that the contest isn't just with blade and spell, subtlety and misdirection. There were debates, group fights, personal duels, and other kinds of contests being adjudicated from the visions we were shown. So this isn't simply a contest of might and magic, but of other kinds of performance as well. All can serve the cause of freedom, if we so wish it.

The floating vision and communication crystals the witnesses used are becoming more common within the proper, so be aware your actions may be espied by an audience you don't wish. At least we have some idea of their operation now, at least those of us of a more arcane and academical bent do. They remain outside my kenning except in the most vague sense.

Lastly, there is apparently a champion of the witnesses who has never been contesting a battle, but is available for a fight should the winner of the overall contest score enough victories. All we saw of them was black armor, and that they were... most formidable. It might be enough to start looking into this unfought being, and try to ascertain the ace that the witnesses are holding back.

If anyone can do some more digging on who these witnesses might be, based on the records of some of their previous contest that might be good. The first that was recorded appears to have been on Coasthaven, so you might do well to start your research there.

I'll update this further and monitor it as more people add their comments and thoughts.

I remain in Service and Honor,

Grimkjell

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
30 Aug 2019 09:45 #13 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
*these papers have been brought back to the top of the board*

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
31 Aug 2019 07:21 - 31 Aug 2019 17:38 #14 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Travance, in case no one has informed you, instead of willingly creating our own team as some of us intended for these fights, we have all been forced into something large scale I do not quite understand the details of.

If you have researched this in the last couple of months, please let me know so we may start consolidating our work.

Chaz, I am requesting you give us the details you can of the contract you signed us into.

I am more interested in the position of the common folk and those visiting the Proper that do not count as subjects of Kormyre yet because we currently have visitors.

You also confirmed none of the contestants are actually dying during the contest?
Knowledge of these facts before the actual game would help us fight to our fullest, unless the Witnesses want to sit around and watch a handful of us only stall fights while we try and learn this information.

You mentioned there were 'wondering encounters' of a variety of creatures for extra points. Is there a designated area those not participating may be moved?

I know there will be more things we will be researching, but these seem to be the most important requests right now.

Thanks.

Ilana Darkwood-Zero
Lady of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 31 Aug 2019 17:38 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
31 Aug 2019 13:01 #15 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Ilana,
If you're looking to figure out a safe place for people to be while the contest is going on, I remember Chaz saying something along the lines of the other contestants can't attack us in the Inn. I'm guessing these Witnesses are wanting it to be a sanctuary of sorts. But I think that also implies that people can be attacked outside of the Inn at any time.

Bottom line, if you want to be safe, go to the Inn.

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R

Amhrán
05 Sep 2019 16:55 #16 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
We worked on the Coast Haven lead some and were able to learn that the 'A Triumph of Champions' tournament was decades ago and *not* the first kind of contest like this. There were other, more private contests that occurred beforehand.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
05 Sep 2019 20:21 #17 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Ilana,
Secret message appears to read "Keep Witness Entertained". Might be helpful to know.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
05 Sep 2019 22:36 - 05 Sep 2019 22:38 #18 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Replied by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
So here is a query, what happens when we win? I mean specifically with the soles of the other contestants, are they spread equally amongst the winners, dose one person get them? This is rather important as I know some people in Travance would keep the soles for themselves, so any advanced understanding of what happens with them would be usfull in returning them to the freedom they deserve.

Also, what is this "Grand prize" Chaze talked about.

-Jarden Burdach

At one point in time chamber pots where a technological break through.

OOG -- Jacob Vick
OOG, never take what I say in game seriously, Jardin is mean.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2019 22:38 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Sep 2019 23:48 #19 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Before it gets too out of hand, I'd like to address the danger overconfidence can bring.

"When we win" implies that we are certain victory. In a contest that souls are gambled, it is important to not assume that we will win this competition.

I wish you luck Travance. When souls are on the line, it does not hurt.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Sep 2019 12:44 #20 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
SO,

I pulled some strings in your favor. The main prize this year happens to be one of the major components needed to fix your towns gates of passage... very rare, and VERY expensive.

as far as the livelihoods of the losers, its a majority rules sort of thing.

A bit more info for you lot, The witness' champions' soul does not go to the winner, however if you face the champion and they win their soul back, you very well may become the new champion.... I'm working some loopholes to help keep you guys out of that sort of deal.

Chaz Whitman

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
08 Sep 2019 14:50 #21 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
I've got a question, what can we do to counteract any underhanded tactics that the other teams may employ? Because it's a high chance that someone will.

Amhrán

Amhrán
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
09 Sep 2019 00:29 #22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Chaz is back and working for someone new
Doing the same.

--Chet

The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth (Kurteth)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.737 seconds