A dragon spirit stirs.

• Byron Qua
  • My word is my bond.
  • Thank Yous: 70
31 Jul 2019 16:50 - 31 Jul 2019 19:17 #1 by Byron Qua (byronqua)
A dragon spirit stirs. was created by Byron Qua (byronqua)
My fellow warriors,

I must share with you what transpired this past feast. Late, on the first night, while we were gathered around the inn, sharing smiles, and the joy of seeing our compatriots return from the front lines of war, a deep and snarling voice erupted from the recesses of my very soul. It shook me as it growled my name. “JERICHO” it growled, “GATHER THOSE WHO SHARE THE LINK AND FOLLOW ME,” I instantly knew it meant to gather as many dragoons as I could find.

This voice danced around me, with every word growing louder and louder. It knew EVERYTHING of me, as though it had been a part of me from my very conception. We arrived at Ostcliff Field, along with Warlord Aiki, Dame Odette, Ser Nesterin, and Ser Rione.

Ser Odette was towing along a shield belonging to a warrior that went by the name “Pallar”. I could not take my eyes off it. The shield itself was calling to me as well.

More of my dragoon siblings were already there. Apparently they had felt the calling as well. Upon our arrival their hearth erupted into a blazing inferno, and the voice BELLOWED like and explosion “I HAVE AWAKENED” it screamed, Pallar’s shield now glowing with a blinding ruby aura.

Ser Odette gathered the dragoons around the hearth, the shield now shaking by the power flowing within. She asked to whom has this shield been calling to, to whom has the power within awakened for? I timidly approached not knowing what was happening. She handed me the shield, and its power dropped me to my knees. By sheer force of will alone, I kept my consciousness. Once in my hands, the power began to flow into my body. All while the ghastly voice kept repeating. “You know who I am…call my name” “WHO AM I”

Aiki then called to the dragoons, beseeching them to lend me their strength, their essence, to pull the rest of this power and usher it into my body. Maria had been by my side throughout this encounter. Her hand on my shoulder assured me I was not alone.

An inferno now blazed with my chest as I regained the strength to stand back up. I screamed the name as it was burned into my memories. “AZARION”

The voice let out a coy chuckle. “I have always been with you. You honor me by remembering my name. What you hold in your hand is not just shield, but one crafted from one of my very scales. My friend you hold in your hands a part of me. I entrust to you to protect your brethren. Stand bulwark against all who may come to do them harm”

Azarion’s spirit lingered but for a few moments before returning into me allowing for a few questions to be asked.
What we learned is that there are more artifacts of the Dragon’s Age waiting to be found. Dare I say to be awakened?

The most important piece of information we garnered is that the dragon spirits feel the dark reaches of the Morgazzi once again. The mere mention of them, sent my blood into a rage!

Be aware, be vigilant, this war will not be the end of our conflicts. Darkness is stirring.

Azarion’s scale has been reforged. I hope its visage will bring you courage on the battlefield. I will do all i can to honor this gift.

On my Honor,

Jericho Hǔ lì (Byron)
"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley."

Squire to Sir Odette D. Lucatiel
Private in the Kormyrian Army
Last edit: 31 Jul 2019 19:17 by Byron Qua (byronqua).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
  • Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
31 Jul 2019 19:43 #2 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Jericho, friend,

You had showed me your new, battered shield that you had intended to repair this past feast, and told me your dragon had spoken to you, but I hadn't imagined this much. It surely must be more important than I can comprehend. I'm happy for you, friend. That shield commands power simply through it's visage. May it carry you, and you it, through many battles to come!

I know not what the second topic is about. I'm afraid my knowledge of Dragoons is limited. But it sounds like a threat. Should you, and those who share this link with the spirits of dragons need assistance that non-dragoons can provide, you know you always have my sword.

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
31 Jul 2019 20:31 #3 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Damien,

In short, the Morgazzi are dragon killers. They lie dormant because their food has run out. When the dragon eggs hatch, surely they will awaken and intend on claiming their prize.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
31 Jul 2019 20:59 - 18 Dec 2019 13:18 #4 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Damien,
If you would ever like to speak with me about the Morgazzi, seek me out. Thank you.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:18 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
31 Jul 2019 21:03 #5 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Amalthea,

I would endeavor to do the same. I want to learn more about them.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
31 Jul 2019 21:05 - 18 Dec 2019 13:19 #6 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Nesterin,
It would be my pleasure. I will find you at my earliest convenience.
~Amalthea

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 13:19 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
31 Jul 2019 21:23 #7 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Dame Amalthea,

I would love to learn more about them as well if you have the time.

Squire Keladry Aybara
Private of the Baronial Guard

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
31 Jul 2019 22:50 #8 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
I believe at this point it is irrefutable that the Morgazzi are stirring. This is only the latest in a series of reports we have heard of their presence being felt. I suspect that the discovery of the eggs was the first step to them awakening, and the closer we get to sealing them the more conscious, if that is the right word for it, they will become.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
31 Jul 2019 23:25 #9 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
Nesterin-

I thought Mirrormere stated that she would not give us the instructions on how to hatch the dragon eggs until the Morgazzi were bound? Unless I misunderstood her statement.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
01 Aug 2019 02:16 #10 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
If i remember correctly, Cara, you are in fact correct.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
01 Aug 2019 13:06 #11 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic A dragon spirit stirs.
I can confirm that this was the bargain struck. Mirrormere will not reveal to us how to hatch the eggs until she is confident the Morgazzi cannot harm them (as she should be). I believe the plan is to turn our attention towards that goal after the Maw has been dealt with. We cannot deal with the war, the Maw, and the Morgazzi at the same time.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds