Trickster Seems Evil

27 Aug 2019 20:44 #1 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Trickster Seems Evil was created by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Trickster seems like a bad fella',

All the woodwizards I spoke to said otherwise but he gives 'em power and acts like he's givin' them somethin' but never says what he's takin'. Owl fella' seemed alright but there is a difference between teachin' people things and givin' bullies what they need to hurt innocent folk then covering for them and themselves by extension. I'm tryna get this straight or at least get a quote on what someone would pay me to run him off.

Dictated but not written,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
27 Aug 2019 20:49 #2 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
We should, if this month is anything to go by, attempt to ensure the Trickster loses any and all power or connection to Arawyn.

Clearly, people and beings who are reckless with powers beyond them should have it taken away.

Especially, since our town is suddenly against killing when it is inconvenient for them.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
27 Aug 2019 20:53 - 20 Sep 2019 14:42 #3 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Mmmmmmhmmmmmm bad feller. Shudnt hev dun that

~

Taylor Meise
Last edit: 20 Sep 2019 14:42 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
27 Aug 2019 21:02 #4 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
“Please write on the board every word I say, yea? I’ll start now. No I’m starting now. Oh wait. Now? Have you been writing every word I say down? I know how much parchment costs!! Okay here goes. This is all godbothering, I can’t write so me good mate Tom is being kind enough to make me letters for me. Nothing good will come of this godbothering. Okay that’s it. I think that’s all I have to say now, you can stop wri-“

Dictated and not read,
Chud Larson

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
27 Aug 2019 21:39 #5 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
I'll say this and only this.

If this past moon has taught me anything, it is that I know nothing. I have been blind to my ignorance, and unaware to a fault of the goings on in this town. To this point, I feel a sense of shame and guilt. Had I known of the actions of some of my comrades moons ago, much of what has transpired would be much different (or so I should hope.)

This Moon gives many of us cause to reevaluate. To ponder how we conduct ourselves, both in our individual specialized practices and in our behavior towards each other, amongst other things.

On the subject of Trickster, I am, again, ignorant. He appeared to me briefly and then was away almost before I could turn my eyes to meet him. I will, however, advise caution to those who deal with him most. A man whose very name invites relation to devious scheming and underhanded trickery should invite hesitation from those who would speak and deal with him. Again, this advise comes from a place of blindness, and in my words I hope that I am heard for the concern I hold for my allies, and not as some divisive simpleton trying to sew disharmony between our townsfolk, especially those of a druidic nature.

I hope the paths you travel be safe and prosperous, amigos.

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyros (Tyros), Annora (Karen), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 73
27 Aug 2019 21:54 #6 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
It's interesting to see what people decided about a being that they do not understand, based off an event that they do not grasp. The Trickster was merely there at the ritual. Since it was not a ritual that had been attempted before to my knowledge I am not surprised that an entity of nature wanted to watch. Blaming it for stepping in to deliver judgement, that some of Travance feels they have a right to is ironic, since that was the only thing that the Trickster actively involved itself in.

Seth, I understand that you are ready to fight to defend this town and deliver vengeance to anything that may cross you, but the idea you have can have control over everything is foolish and rash. You can be better than that and you need to take the time to understand a situation before you pass your form of judgement. Things are rarely what they appear to be at first.

George

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
27 Aug 2019 21:56 - 27 Aug 2019 22:11 #7 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Django, I commend you on your wisdom. Admitting to lack of knowledge is often humbling and hard to do. Thank you for being honest with yourself and with us. If you are genuinely interested in understanding more of the Spirits and druidic ways, I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
To the rest of you. I speak here as a druid of Arawyn, avatar of the Primal Spirit Vokar’thul, and yes, a resident expert on the subject.
The Trickster is no creature of evil. They are a spirit of mischief, yes, but one dedicated to Arawyn and to their grove. They are a Primal Aspect (a type of Primal Spirit), and thus, inherently a being of Order. They are mischievous in the same way a fox, or a raven, are. There is no inherent malice in their being.
Additionally, the Trickster is the only reason the druids and rangers of Travance know as much as we do about Blight. Without their teachings, many more lives would have been lost these past few weeks. They have tested us, yes, but taught us what we needed to know.
If you try to “strip him of his power or connection to Arawyn,” I and many other druids will see that as an attack on Arawyn and nature itself. Attacking the natural order is not something to say lightly. I warn you now Seth. If this is something you intend to do, you will have to get through me first. I stand to protect Arawyn and its beings. Who are you, who know nothing of the natural Order, to make these statements? How dare you.
If you try to ban them, then I hope you are prepared to ban the rest of the Primal Spirits, including the other Aspects, Draka’thul, Nesala, and yours truly. We are all servants of Arawyn and of Order.

Annora
Avatar of the Thundering Mother of the Wildlands, the Drake Primal Spirit Vokar’thul

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:11 by Annora (Karen). Reason: Trickster's pronouns
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peaches Shirotsuke MazoKisei Defessa Von Ritter (Richard Whitted-Leggett)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
27 Aug 2019 22:00 - 27 Aug 2019 22:13 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
To the original notion of the Trickster being evil, I would like to hear the reasoning before I jump to conclusions.

Annora has covered most of what I would have said on the Trickster. I would encourage those who wish to know more about them and the aspects to ask questions of the Druidically inclined.

With Respect,
Caelvan Renaith
Emerald Huntsman

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:13 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 2019 22:00 - 27 Aug 2019 22:02 #9 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
If we deemed Icarus a danger and decided to take her powers away, or I'll go one further, Eden. Who did far worse than this Trickster, and instead of delivering death we took her powers away, then me calling for the removal of a powerful being that was having a bit of fun and curiosity, to stop it from doing that again, is hardly unreasonable.

You ask me to do better but I challenge you to think for a minute. This town only kills when it's convenient for them, and only punishes when they feel they will be seen as the hero. If there is to be justice then it needs to not turn a blind eye because someone's feelings got hurt.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:02 by Seth (Kurteth).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
27 Aug 2019 22:02 - 27 Aug 2019 22:06 #10 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
What justice? What did they do? I still am confused by why they are being called evil and you wish to strip their powers away.

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:06 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 2019 22:05 #11 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
Aided in a dangerous ritual combining Chaotic energy with Druidics, on the month the Blight decided to attack. A careless decision from something "of Arawyn".

Seth

[hr]

• Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Aug 2019 22:10 #12 by Tyros (Tyros)
But again, he did nothing, but observe. The Trickster didn't suggest this ritual or aid in it in any way, shape, or form. After it was done, he judged and asked others to honor it. Yet because this town thinks they have the right to control everything as you put it, the Trickster's wish was not respected. All he asked for was patience and understanding, something that both you and I desperately needed at one point in our lives. Now, don't you think it's time we offer that to another that made a mistake they know they must make amends for?

George

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Annora (Karen)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2019 22:12 #13 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
From what I heard after the fact, they were there to observe.
They only interfered due to the fact it was out of control of those who were casting it and they tried to stop it.

Chaos and Driuidics don't mix. Chances are the fact they they were opposed energies probably didn't help.

My understanding of what happened can be simplified to the following, George please correct me if I am wrong.

The combination of chaotic energies and druidics with seeds created an "egg".
The ritual got out of control and Trickster decided to make "scrambled eggs".
The nature of chaos instead of being suppressed, was amplified(ACCIDENTALLY), and instead the "egg" "hatched".

People in this town have done more dangerous rituals than what this was supposed to be before. Are you suggesting that you strip many in this town of their power too? Or is it just because it is a being that you don't understand that you want to cull their power?

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
27 Aug 2019 22:16 - 27 Aug 2019 22:19 #14 by Annora (Karen)
1. To my knowledge, Trickster only observed that ritual and did not participate.
2. The Blight had been attacking for at least two weeks before this ritual happened.
Your claim is unsubstantiated.

[hr]
Card Raptor
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:19 by Annora (Karen). Reason: Forgot signature
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
27 Aug 2019 22:18 #15 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
I'm sorry George, I may have misunderstood some of the proceedings of this past moon, could you clarify as to what you mean when you say Trickster "Judged and asked others to honor it"? Are you saying he judged the results of the ritual or the practitioner? I had only heard that he had bore witness to the proceedings.

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
27 Aug 2019 22:19 - 20 Sep 2019 14:44 #16 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
Tired of god botherin puttin desent Naybers in harmin posiscions. Mmmhmmm

~

Taylor Meise
Last edit: 20 Sep 2019 14:44 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221).
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
27 Aug 2019 22:21 #17 by Annora (Karen)
Django - Trickster, as a spirit of Arawyn, laid a punishment upon Khala for bringing harm to Arawyn with her actions. They put a geas, a compulsion, upon her to hunt down and slay the creature that her ritual created.

[hr]
Card Raptor
27 Aug 2019 22:25 #18 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Have to disagree with you there George. At the trial it was stated that the Trickster thought this would be some form of "valuable lesson" for a single person, and thus Lady Darkwood allowed it.

To say he "stood back and observed" feeds to my thought that he's playin druids like a fiddle and when the fiddle hits a wrong chord, common folk suffer for it and he acts like he was some form of impartial observer. It was his lesson and when it started to go wrong he tried to pull the reins and made it worse. When his evil form, this Deceiver, starts killin innocent folk you can tell me all about how mischievous he is. Im an axiomatic piece'a nature. I eat food, I sleep, I age- I don't play these kinda tricks on folks what are smaller then me. I want to teach a man to fish, I teach him to fish. I don't endanger innocent people and turn neighbors against neighbors to do it.

Sounds to me like that's just a bad teacher,
Dictated and not read,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
27 Aug 2019 22:26 - 27 Aug 2019 22:28 #19 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
I’ll make this simple and quick to understand as I can.

I am a Herald of Nature. I am the direct representative and channeler of the primal aspects of Arawyn.

Trickster is NOT EVIL.

Like my comrades before me stated here, he is a being of mischief and cunning but he is not evil. By nature he is order aligned.

What a lot of other people don’t understand is that Trickster also represents learning.

Learning from your mistakes is one of them.

He went to observe Khala’s ritual. From what I was told, seeing it getting into dangerous territory, he did what he thought best to protect those around him and took the seed out, which caused the Chaotic energy to feed off his own. He did NOT do it intentionally for it to create whatever it made. As a NATURAL ASPECT OF ARAWYN ITSELF, his duty is to protect Arawyn and it’s inhabitants.

Rituals can be unpredictable. He did not know this chaotic being would form because of his presence.

Your focus should not be on the Trickster but on the thing that WAS created. That being is an entity of chaos and needs to be stopped.

Trickster is not to blame here. He was observing to make sure Khala learned her lesson, regardless what happened, and now she is paying for it.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:28 by Keavy (Dani).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
27 Aug 2019 22:28 #20 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic ITrickster Seems Evil
Here is what I know- someone who is not Khala fill me in if I'm wrong.
-Khala used a ritual and Trickster's mere presence at this ritual to make a demonic Trickster version.
-for this she was declared an outlaw.
Was any of Trickster's power taken from him in the ritual?
Was Khala given a chance to redeem herself?
Was she cut off from her Druidics by Trickster?

Icarus was a danger because she could not control her power to absorb organic matter. She was also a child. Children do not bear the full brunt of legal penalty in just societies because they are still learning, and part of the penalty can be educational for the child as well as those watching. The Icarus I saw in the Clockwork realm was a lonely little girl.

As for Eden, that was a mistake made partly by the town. That was a case of another individual blank canvas who wanted to learn, so people taught her powers without giving her ethics. She became so concerned with her capacity to do things she did not stop to consider whether or not she should. We now have a second chance, and should not repeat the same mistake in that vein.

As for the Trickster issue, I don't want to take the chance that Demon Trickster might try to kill him and corrupt the whole of druidics or some strange sort of corruption could happen, so I suggest this course: Prepare for the possibility of corruption happening, and watch Trickster as closely as possible (which I recognize may be difficult to impossible). In this matter I will trust those more skilled in Druidics than I.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 2019 22:29 #21 by Seth (Kurteth)
Tom is absolutely right.

"Did nothing but observe."

He told Ilana it would be a lesson. He knew it would be a bad outcome and wanted Khala to learn. Just because he was bad at calculating doesn't absolve him from guilt.

If you have the power to stop something evil, and you don't because you think it won't be that bad, or you want to see what happens, you are just as responsible as the perpetrator.

Seth

[hr]

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Aug 2019 22:32 #22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
But where is the beast?

~Nalick DeMarche

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 2019 22:33 - 27 Aug 2019 22:33 #23 by Seth (Kurteth)
The beast is gone until the fates decide to give us a hint of where it might be. And when we find it, I am sure all hands will be on deck to destroy it.

That is irrelevant to this current conversation Nalick. Make a new posting if you wish to discuss that.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:33 by Seth (Kurteth).
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Aug 2019 22:34 #24 by Tyros (Tyros)
Actually Caelvan, that's not accurate, but I am more than willing to share my expertise.

-The ritual was there to combine Chaos and Druidics in a seed from what I could tell. (I did not partake in this ritual, I sat on the sidelines and had a contingency plan in case it failed. More on that later.)
-The way Chaos works, the more you try to focus it and the less options you give it to escape it the more intense and powerful it becomes. While the ritual started as a nicer balance at some point the energies redirected themselves and the Druidics made an inescapeable barrier for the Chaos and the Chaos was forced into the seed. Those using Chaos to channel were unable to stop themselves as the ritual overtook them. They worked through various methods to try to stop the continued fueling of this ritual to no avail. The intensity grew to the point of causing harm to everyone in the area.
-Once people were being hurt the barrier of Order needed to disappear in order to vent the Chaos. My expectation was that a blight grove would appear and I would burn it all to ash, this was my plan and until this point I had done nothing to their ritual.
-What I couldn't see from my distance, considering how small the seed was, is that it had cracked and a tiny portal to the Abyss had formed from the concentration of Aetheric energy.
-My contingency was to burn everything away the best ways I know how. As far as I'm aware the only beings that can siphon Chaotic energies away from someone else in control of that power is a demon, one that must be stronger than the initial wielder.
-Once my contingency went off and started to successfully burn away the excess energy, this hidden newborn demon grabbed hold of this energy and tried to pull it from me. I attempted to resist, but it was stronger in the moment and left me rather weak. I did not stay much longer after this due to this reason.
-It also did a similar effect to the Trickster, which is why it may look similar, but with demonic features.

After this was done, the Trickster passed judgement on the creator of the ritual and as the rest of the town showed tried to spare them the fury of those that did not yet understand what occurred.

George

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2019 22:34 - 27 Aug 2019 22:36 #25 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Thank you for elaborating George I know better now.

Seth, and to any who may have this answer:

Did they say who this lesson would be valuable to?

If it worked it would have been a lesson to everyone telling Khala that she shouldn't ever do this. If it didn't it would have been a lesson that those who have been telling Khala not to do it was right.

There was no way for them to know how bad it was going to go. But whether it was a successful ritual or not, someone would have learned a lesson.

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:36 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
27 Aug 2019 22:39 - 27 Aug 2019 22:43 #26 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Lady Kennyr'renaith,
when the chaotic version of the trickster, this Deceiver pops up his head imma strike it inwards, don't worry bout that- but I suppose this exchange has led me to believe the trickster is not "Evil" but recklessly dangerously incompetent.

When I spoke to folks I saw as authorities they spoke as tho his was the word of Valos himself and to me that later proved troubling. I admit he does not seem evil but he seems as prone to misadventure as any mortal man or woman, myself included. I'd pray those who watch over us acknowledge this entities fallibility when playing into his mischief.

Your Neighbor,
Dictated and Not Read,
Tom Bell,
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:43 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili ()
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 2019 22:40 - 27 Aug 2019 22:42 #27 by Seth (Kurteth)
I will repeat this again, but I am sure it will fall on deaf ears, as this town only acts when it's convenient for them.

If you have the power to stop something evil, and you don't, for ANY reason; be that for teaching, curiosity, learning, or anything else, then you are just as bad as that which perpetrated it.

The Trickster is reckless, and has more power than anything that reckless should ever have. You call for lessons, at the very least a punishment should be given to him if he is the god of learning.

I've said my piece.

Do what you will and protect your flawed gods.

I'll fight for the ones they step on.

Seth

[hr]

Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:42 by Seth (Kurteth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili ()
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
27 Aug 2019 22:48 - 27 Aug 2019 22:50 #28 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
That’s the things Seth, they are not a god. They are a part of Arawyn just like we are and we are all flawed. And just like us they can only do so much. Trickster did not know this was going to Summon something from the abyss. They did what they could to make sure it didn’t get worse.

Say what you want about Trickster, but were it not for them a lot of us would be dead by blight and evil Druidics.

I stand by my statements that Trickster is not to be blamed here. I’ve dedicated my life to being the champions of the aspects and I wouldn’t do so if it served a darker purpose.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 22:50 by Keavy (Dani).
  • Tyros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
27 Aug 2019 22:52 #29 by Tyros (Tyros)
Replied by Tyros (Tyros) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Do you think the Trickster didn't receive punishment? I think the being born of this horrible mistake is punishment as it will most likely work on thwarting the Trickster whenever it feels the urge. In the end even the Trickster wasn't able to put a stop to the ritual once it started.

You treat this creature, spirit, what have you as an infallible being that knew the end result, but nothing is that infallible and I think Necrophtis proved that when he took control of a Deity.

The ritual was reckless, Chaos and Druidics won't ever work together in that way and while people always said they knew that, with the combining of the weave and the introduction of Chaos can you really say you knew it for a fact anymore? Once a clear mistake was made, we all did what we could to stop it, but it was out of our hands. I plan on doing all that I can to hunt down this 'Deceiver' and end it's existence and I know that others that were involved will do all they can as well.

I will take my leave for now, but if anyone would like a better understanding I will do what I can to explain it.

George

(JP)
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keavy (Dani), Annora (Karen)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2019 22:54 #30 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Who said the initial ritual was supposed to have an evil outcome? Chaotic, probably but to say that one of the lessons they thought was going to be taught was evil is a stretch, unless you know and have proof Trickster knew the actual final outcome.

If you go after him Seth, I hope you don't mind killing those you have viewed as friends and/or allies, because you will have to kill us, many times over.

You never did answer my question though, are you also suggesting that you strip many in this town of their power too? Or is it just because it is a being that you don't understand that you want to cull their power?

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds