Trickster Seems Evil

• Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
28 Aug 2019 14:17 #61 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Your language indicated to me that you were attempting to downplay the Trickster's actions. I appreciate you clarifying his intent, but I wanted it firmly noted that his actions were not an appropriate jest. I am glad we agree.

Speak to him, please. But also, request he apologizes himself to the offended parties. A secondhand apology is as good as mud.

For the record, I also think it's bollocks to lob spells and weaponry at one another for a laugh. But if two friends consent to dangerous toomfoolery, so be it. Messers Bell and McKraeger did not consent. This is not complicated.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Angeliana (Angeliana), Wili ()
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
28 Aug 2019 14:18 - 20 Sep 2019 14:52 #62 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
mmmmhmmm cannt mesur intencions cannt see em ither peoples lie throo ther teeth to hide wut they reely want butt i kno wut tom seen and wut been dunn there be a godbotherin monstur owt ther now all intencions an nice wurds wont chang wut been dunn thos wit powerr be oblijed to uuse it ina responsibl mannerr wey i reken sum cryms dont mattur wut ye tended to do butt wut ye did

~

Taylor Meise
Last edit: 20 Sep 2019 14:52 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221).
28 Aug 2019 14:25 #63 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Ernest got a Good Point,
See, I'm hopin' Trickster'll hear you out on that, but that does bring up somethin'. Most my friends know not to throw any manner of magiks at me- or startle me- or play japes that my ratbrain may think of as an attack. I usually skuttle off and lay flat in the dirt for nary a day, and I still feel bad 'bout the time Mr. Piper got a mighty welt when all he was tryna do was teach me 'bout Coastadori culture.

When we're in the proper, those of us of common make don't get to hesitate (cause it might be a jest) or we end up spattered on a tree, or missin, or worse. Maybe I'm bad at jest and japes, but when things start to get magikal or loud I get low and fast. One could say I'm easy to make afeared, and I'm further sure this fella knows this when he plays his jokes. My gran told me, when you do things that hurt and scare people just cause you like it or cause you can, that's just bein' a bully. Now maybe he was tryna teach me one of his lessons, but I know my letters and he can just give it to me in like a pamphlet or a book or somethin' the next time he feels so inclined.

Your neighbor,
Transcribed but not read,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
28 Aug 2019 14:27 #64 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Ninnyhammer,
Apart from an apology, is there anything else?
I’d rather not have them apologize just to be told “good you now need to do this action”

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
28 Aug 2019 14:33 #65 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Mr. Renaith,

That confuses me, usually after one apologizes one does somethin' to rectify the harm they did- whether its changed behavior or buyin' a friend another drink after you knocked the first one out of hand-- unless that's what you're sayin'

Your neighbor,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
28 Aug 2019 16:02 #66 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Tom,
I meant in a legal sense, as Ninnyhammer is bringing up assault as a legal charge, as far as my understanding goes.

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
28 Aug 2019 16:13 #67 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
If you want me to tell Trickster to apologize in person I will do what I can to see it done. I believe they will understand and do so accordingly. There needs to be no charges made especially because they are not bound to our laws. If a formal in person apology and explanation will suffice I will see to it that Trickster does so.

Can we finally settle this and call it a day? I will do whatever is necessary to make sure people have a better understanding of the Primal Aspects and not go through this kind of debacle again.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
28 Aug 2019 17:05 #68 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Keavy is correct in regards to my intent. The Trickster is not a subject of Travance. I just thought it would be appropriate that he apologize with his own voice.

I ought to have been more clear in specifying that this was my personal request and not a mandate.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
28 Aug 2019 18:39 #69 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic Trickster Seems Evil

Keavy (Dani) wrote: If you want me to tell Trickster to apologize in person I will do what I can to see it done. I believe they will understand and do so accordingly. There needs to be no charges made especially because they are not bound to our laws. If a formal in person apology and explanation will suffice I will see to it that Trickster does so.

I am only going to post to correct this statement. Below is the first paragraph from the laws of Kormyre. This applies if they are a subject or not.

“Intention of laws: people are responsible for the consequences of their actions. If their actions only affect themselves negatively, the law is not concerned with it; the law is only concerned with actions that negatively affect Kormyre or Her Subjects.”

Furthermore if Tom Bell and Kin wish to press charges criminally for the trickster harassing/ assaulting them then I will assist them in doing so.

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili (), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Seth (Kurteth), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
28 Aug 2019 20:35 #70 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Reading all this certainly is great for learning things! I don't really know where else to be puttin this so I thought I'd add my questions here since this is where it was all brought up.

What exactly is a geass? Is it a compulsion to actively seek out this Deceiver thing, or more like some kind o magical mission thing?

It was mentioned before that something reached out through the abyss to mess with the chaos magics. (If I'm understandin right.) Is whatever was bending the chaos magics against the will of the hexers the thing that went into the seed, or was that merely trying to mess with things in a way to either fiddle with those working the ritual, or do anything specific?

So far people have seemed real quick to point at all the things that happened on this side, but if a portal to the abyss opened up, and something on the other side started affecting things, then something either knew what was happening, or people were just unlucky.
If I'm wrong about anything here, please tell me, I'm still learning about things and would love to learn more.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
29 Aug 2019 22:38 #71 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
A geass is a magical/divine compulsion to complete a task otherwise face extreme consequences.

We are unsure of what exactly disrupted/altered the ritual but are working to find that out and stop it.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
30 Aug 2019 00:03 #72 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
So I am not a druid nor do I use chaos but I do know a bit about life. Everyone is assuming that we need to track down a third party in this. My question is this:

Why cannot the seed itself be the third party? A seed is a new being that in this case was being prepared to become something entirely new- and magic depends greatly on a person's intention. Obviously, this intention was not to create a different form of the Trickster, however it cannot be denied that something new and different was the firm objective. Isn't it possible that the "third entity" that interfered could actually be the seeds themselves? That by imbuing them with two different types of energy that they became aware and reached for more? I'm not honestly sure there was a "nefarious" third party at all- I personally believe that an opening was made for the creation of something new. And something new was born just as intended.

-Mae Fang

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister)
30 Aug 2019 01:06 #73 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
To answer the previous question,

I mean, it kinda disrupts the purpose of an apology if he's told to do it. Y'all ain't his mamas and papas.

I haven't spoken to Kin on the manner, but I can say that I'd personally be willin' to look past any wrong done unto my person if he's willin' to promise refrainin' from such chickannery' in the future.

Your neighbor,
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Aug 2019 01:24 - 30 Aug 2019 01:25 #74 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Tom,
The Trickster generally respects people's wishes. If you ask them to stop, they will stop and not do it again.

I think the Trickster's nature, while not socially acceptable, is to assume everyone is alright with their playful antics until told otherwise.

I'm sure they'll seek you out next time they are in the Proper to apologize after Keavy, or anyone else brings your feelings to their attention.

-Caelvan Renaith
-Emerald Huntsman

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 30 Aug 2019 01:25 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
30 Aug 2019 09:19 #75 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
Mae,

That's not impossible, I certainly thought of it when things were happening. Sam and I haven't had much of a chance to completely review anything because discussions. He felt 'something' grab his power from him, but the potential of that seed and the abyss could have been strong enough in the moment to do it.

We might be quiet a few days as we roam around for more information. I plan on adding to Cobus' note anything we can determine from our initial look at this creature and the powers it took.

We can also start compiling what information we do have on The Witnesses and their game we are bound too.

If we're lucky, we haven't completely scared off the Sal’tuai delegation and can start determining when to deal with the gorgons and Anguine also.

-Ilana

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
30 Aug 2019 16:50 #76 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Trickster Seems Evil
((Not Angeliana))

What a massive waste o' parchment 'tis be here...

Ye mud covered spud faced ginourmous headed entitled shit stained bottom feedin' land monkeys... As if ye could even do such a'thing as be strippin' powers from creatures who be more powerful than ye! How absurdly cocky of ye... Tis be a whole new level here!

Gods. Aspects. Strip 'em! Walk th'plank allye! Hahaha They be more powerful th'us but we be takin' their powers away aye? Comedy treasure.
Funniest shite D has read in a long time.

Oh. By the tide... D indeed witness this Tricky tricky throw Kin an' Tom up in that tree aye? Was watchin' from behind the trunk. He nay be lyin'. Grew some flower shite on Kin's head aye? D chopped it for fun.

Chumlords ...

~ D

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
30 Aug 2019 17:27 #77 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
OH I wondering what that was-!

Thanks for your help with that flower thing-! I use to skuttle around all the time too- and given I was near' launched treewards y'all probably had the right of it skuttlin' about when you were. That bein' said feel free to come out and say hello sometime when yer' feelin' comfortable. I understand skuttlin' about, its rough out here, but I promise to try my best to make it so you don't feel you gotta hide. I know Chud can be a touch towerin' makin him seem a bit intimidatin but he's just a big ol' sweet heart, you can just bout reach up an' pet him on the snout.

Anyways, thank ye' again for your help neighbor.
Tom Bell
Ratcatcher

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.619 seconds