The Dragon Eggs

• Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
04 Sep 2019 18:53 #1 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
The Dragon Eggs was created by Garrett R (Amhrán)
To my fellow dragoons and those who might be able to help in this endeavor,

It's to my understanding that it's not actually known which chromas our charges within the eggs have, and that we only have theories about what types they are.

Quite a few of us are granted a natural hardiness against our dragons' specific type of energy. So that leads me to believe that, despite still being inside the eggs, the baby dragons would also have such vigor.

I've been told that some folk possess the ability to determine the weaknesses and resistances that an individual might have.

I propose that next feast we find someone trustworthy and capable of such a thing and have them detect the resistances of each of the eggs, and find out once and for all which types these baby dragons are...

Well, if we are able to slip away from the prying eyes of the competition long enough to pull off such a feat. If we can't escape the watch of the orbs, then it may be best to wait until October, but I would like to do this at some point in the near future.

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R

Amhrán
04 Sep 2019 19:02 - 04 Sep 2019 19:03 #2 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic The Dragon Eggs
The eggs are impenetrable, physically, spiritually, magically, etc. The only beings so far that have been able to see into the eggs are the Gods themselves (and the dragons obviously) and they are refusing to answer our questions about them. So as much as I'm sure, all involved in their protection would greatly enjoy some solidified answer as to their coloration. It, at this time, is impossible by the means we have. Greater beings capable of seeing through the egg do not wish to meddle in their growth, and thus refuse to tell us any information on them. Simply to protect them until they hatch.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
Last edit: 04 Sep 2019 19:03 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
04 Sep 2019 19:06 #3 by Darius Goldmane ()
Replied by Darius Goldmane () on topic The Dragon Eggs
We are already fairly confident that the two dragons within the eggs are opal and sardonyx, though we do not know which is which at this point. Your idea does hold merit, the issue is the eggs themselves. Whilst in the eggs the hatchlings are effectively invulnerable to most conventional types of damage (that we know of, hence why we are still being very careful with them), so determining what they might be resistant too will likely be next to impossible. We have made multiple attempts to determine what types of dragons are within the eggs, and to the best of my knowledge none of them have proven fruitful as of yet. Nevertheless I am not aware that this particular method has been attempted, so it may be worth looking into.

Do any other dragoons know if this method has been tried?

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garrett R (Amhrán)
04 Sep 2019 19:21 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic The Dragon Eggs
Amhran,

This would have been better communicated by private missive, or the section of the board devoted to us Dragoons. The Morgazzi are stirring. they may have eyes here. Please be more careful, clansman, in your future writings.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Sep 2019 19:35 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic The Dragon Eggs
Since I am not a Dragoon, I may be missing something, but does it matter what color they are? Why is this important to know? Will we treat them any differently?

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
04 Sep 2019 20:18 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Caelvan,

Dragon chromas not previously seen, or died out in the fight with the Morgazzi I am fuzzy on the specifics are being seen again in the dragon's children (Opal and Sardonyx). This means those houses can be reconstituted.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
04 Sep 2019 20:26 #7 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic The Dragon Eggs
Father MacFhionnlaigh,

These missive boards are well guarded and information should be shared openly here.

In service,

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Garrett R (Amhrán)
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
04 Sep 2019 20:36 #8 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic The Dragon Eggs
Caelvan,

A dragon's color determines the energy they exude. Or maybe it's the other way around, I don't know, I'm new to this myself. No matter what their colors are, we will love and care for both of our wards unconditionally. While it is not necessary to know, it would help us prepare for the hatching to know, since a dragon's color is somewhat indicative of their personality. And many of us would like to know.

Amhrán

Amhrán
04 Sep 2019 20:46 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Cara,

I have no doubt that that may be the truth for most things. However, I have heard reports that the Magistrate and head of the Inquisition (my information may be older on positions and outdated), Bob, may be hearing the voice of the Morgazzi due to eating part of one. I have no doubt of his personal loyalty, but if he can hear them, my concern is that he could be compelled to act as an agent against his will. Hence my caution.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
04 Sep 2019 20:49 #10 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic The Dragon Eggs
Ohh Nesterin,
The gods are just plain lying to you. They cannot see inside just as well as you can't. If they could Chronicler would have written it down somewhere. Pay us and we'll meditate on it. We did figure out Magnus before you lot, took us two months, you all years fruitful to nothing. If every whisper we hear is correct, the eggs don't say nothing. If they are wrong well... nothing truly is when you don't care.

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
04 Sep 2019 22:07 #11 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic The Dragon Eggs
As stated above, color in this instance only really matters because they may be the last of their kind. It was believed that Opal and Sardonyx had gone extinct when the Morgazzi roamed Arawyn/During the time when the Dragons were fighting for their hoards. With the surfacing of Opal and Sardonyx dargoons and half dragons, the currently running theory is that they did not go extinct and are in fact possibly in the eggs.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Moostrav Potrevski ()
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds