A Gathering of Dragoons

14 Sep 2019 05:35 #1 by Darius Goldmane ()
A Gathering of Dragoons was created by Darius Goldmane ()
Greetings all,

As some of you may be aware, September is an important month for dragoons. It is the month during which our connection to our spirits is at its most powerful. Indeed September is as close to a holy month for dragoons as we can get. In celebration of this fact, I am organizing a meeting of all dragoons who can to attend this coming feast. This meeting will take place at the cairn on Saturday night at 1 bell. We will meet at the Inn, and then walk down to the cairn together.

There are several purposes to this meeting. The first is to introduce all the dragoons to each other. We have several new dragoons in the town, and I would like to ensure that we know who our brothers and sisters are. The second is to discuss our personal experiences, and what being a dragoon means to us as individuals. Each of us has a unique perspective on the responsibilities afforded us by our connection to our spirits, and it is important for the older of us to share those so that the younger may learn from them and grow themselves.

This invitation is extended as well to any non-dragoons who wish to come and observe the ceremony. In the past, draconic rites and rituals have been a closely guarded secret. We have had a tendency to hoard information the way our dragons hoard wealth. This has led to a cycle of lack of information, leading to much confusion about who dragoons are and what we do. I wish to begin breaking this cycle. Anyone is free to come, to observe ceremony, to ask what questions they wish, and to leave when they no longer find it interesting.

I hope to see many of you there. May the wind rise under your wings.

Darius Goldmane
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG - Ryan Kramer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moostrav Potrevski ()
14 Sep 2019 13:28 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic A Gathering of Dragoons
Darius,
Could we keep our rites a secret of our kind, but maybe instead gather at the inn for a time to answer questions people may have?
-Father Donald

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
14 Sep 2019 20:51 #3 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic A Gathering of Dragoons
There is absolutely no reason to keep our 'rites' a secret from anyone. We were lead to believe by the dragoons of old that the things we do need to be kept secret. They do not. Any and all are welcome to join us any time we do something as a group.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), Annora (Karen), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds