To House Liones and Those Returning Home

16 Dec 2019 18:40 - 16 Dec 2019 18:41 #1 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
To House Liones and Those Returning Home was created by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
I spoke to Lieutenant Commander Cynon, shortly before departure, about providing aid to those returning home after this war. If Alisandria can be of aid to any of you who are returning home, who have been displaced, homesteads destroyed, e.t.c., please send missive to my home, or the office of my Lord in Caer Bridaeg and we will do everything possible to assist you in a speedy and hopefully easy return to normal life.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
Last edit: 16 Dec 2019 18:41 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner).
16 Dec 2019 20:44 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
Some can never return home. Happens in every war thrust upon non warrior cultures. Things they've seen and done they cannot reconcile with their souls and ethics. If you are one of these, find your way to Kaladonia. Ask for me. It won't be easy, but I'll do what I can to see you back to peace with yourself.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
17 Dec 2019 01:34 #3 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
WHAT IS A "NON WARRIOR CULTURE"?

POST SCRIPT: WE GOT TONS OF EXTRA PRODUCE AND SAFE(ish) ROADS BACK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GULLEY SHOULD ANYONE NEED HELP. SHOULD FOLK BE LOOKIN TAH STAY IN OUR LAND OF PLENTY AND NIGHT BEASTS I COULD SEE BOUT SETTLIN EM IN AS WELL. WE COULD ALWAYS USE MORE NEIGHBORS- ON ACCOUNT OF THE NIGHT BEASTS!
YER NAYBOR
TOM BELL,
RATCATCHER GENERAL

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
17 Dec 2019 09:34 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
Tom,
What I call a Warrior culture is a culture founded with martial prowess as an ideal. With an increased emphasis on combat, they tend to have ways to deal with men whose minds are changed by combat. Kormyre is an example of one that is not a warrior culture. This is neither a slight or a boon, it is simply a note. The Hibernians, Khitanese in the Empire of the Sun, most Nordejar and sadly the bloody Hobgoblin Empire are what I would term Warrior Cultures.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
17 Dec 2019 15:56 #5 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
WELL THAT DONT MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE TAH ME
KORMYRE BEEN AT WAR WITH THE HOBGOBLIN EMPIRE SINCE OUR SWADDLIN DAYS. EVERYON IN MY TOWN GREW LEARNIN HOW TAH DRAW ONE O THEM LONGER BOWS SINCE WE COULD WALK ON ACCOUNT OF THEM WANTIN US DIRT FOLK TO HAVE FREAK BONES SHOULD A LORD RAIS THE LEVY. PLUS DID NOT YALL JUST HAVE A BACK AND FORTH ABOUT HOW YAHD LOST YER WAY AND SUCH?

STILL TRYNA FIGURE THIS OUT,
YER NAYBOR,
TOM BELL

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
17 Dec 2019 17:26 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Tom,
I've seen your people fight. they can fight like badgers when roused and levied, but your culture is more focused largely on Commerce and Farming. you do have skilled hunters, but they are not the majority. we have our traders and farmers, but even our farmers go armed with spear and blade to protect the folds of cows and sheep, and keep out raiders. Back home, it was Gaaldron slaving parties in the spring, other clans set to steal cattle and sheep in the spring and summer and then some of the Venier in the winter. big difference in culture. We can talk more on this at a later date.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
17 Dec 2019 22:08 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
I find your description of other cultures not being "a warrior culture" disturbing.
My people have been at war with Londwyn, and until very recently, were plagued by raiding Elthiiri. Yet we are not on your list.

Just because people are farmers by trade does not mean that they can't be considered warriors or part of a "warrior culture".

Stop telling people that you are different from them from where you come from. those who you deem "Warrior Culture" still have to deal with loved ones not returning home. Hibernians are no different from Kormyrians in this regard.

Or are you going to tell me that my cousin wasn't a true Hibernian since he didn't return home?

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
17 Dec 2019 23:07 #8 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
Caelvan,
You are correct, that it is difficult for an outsider to accurately judge the ins and outs of another's culture. However, I believe that Selendrias was not included in the list because the focus was on human cultures, with Gaaldron being mentioned simply because it is right between the Highlands and Kormyre. And you are misenterpreting the father's words, Donny holds nothing but respect for Kin.

To all,
It is pointless to argue what cultures are warrior cultures and which ones aren't. Simply for the fact that it's impossible to label something as that which is not properly defined. Not only will every culture hold a different general consensus of what a warrior culture is, but each person's views will differ from each other as well. And different parts of a nation may be more warrior-like than others.

Here's a way to test whether or not you hail from a warrior culture, simply say "we're not savages" when refering to your people. If someone responds with, "yes you are" then congratulations, you are from a warrior culture. Then again, this would entirely depend upon who you are speaking to.

If you have need to continue to argue on this subject, then make a separate posting on the board. We have deviated from the original intent of the topic.

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R
18 Dec 2019 00:06 #9 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
Would agree about the bit of deviation. And I hope people realize how much of Kormyre is gonna need to spend time healing. War's over, yes the Duke is gone, but the Empire wasn't just the Duke a True Warlock and a bunch of mind controlled soldiers. There were people who were controlled, there were people who were forced, and there were people who wanted the Empire, and chose it. Point of fact, we're headed back to Grimwyr to go home, but also to ensure it's liberation.

In the months to come you lot will have to decide what Kormyre is gonna be, and how you can heal the rift that started in this country. May all of the Gods of Eodra help us and guide us in this.

Campion O'Dell
In Service to House Liones
Cleric of Eodra

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
18 Dec 2019 09:30 - 18 Dec 2019 09:31 #10 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic To House Liones and Those Returning Home
My good friend Campion speaks wisdom.
Many believed in the Empire and Balliol without any mind control or coercion. For example, as far as I know, the Blazing Suns are still around and filled with true believers. Believers that would see people like me executed.
Now that the Imperial leadership has been removed, it's time to mend bridges both literal and figurative.
Can we build a stronger and better Kormyre out of this calamity? Hasn't there been enough hatred?

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 09:31 by Annora (Karen). Reason: Wrong signature
18 Dec 2019 14:02 #11 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Caelvan,
I mentioned the cultures as examples (not the only ones)as they are ones I know well. There was no slight against Kin or yourself or even the MacKraegars intended. I would like to learn more about Selendrian culture if possible, once my wife is back on her keel- Amalthea's passing was not news she took well. She taught my wife much of what she knows of healing if i recall. If you are still upset, we can speak in January.

Morana,

Justice is the equal application of law both benefit and penalty taking into account facts and only facts. Any "Valosians" who seek your blood based only on who you revere are misguided. You and Campion come to my door if hounded by them. You got my claymore- and Campion should know well the reputation of the MacFhionnlaighs of Glen Athyll. We're regarded as bloody handed killers, only called for in grim times.

-Father Donald MacFhionnlaigh

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds