On the subject of the two Bailols (I have some confusion)

17 Dec 2019 18:19 #1 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
On the subject of the two Bailols (I have some confusion) was created by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Okay, so I have been told there are two copies of Bailol in people's heads. Here are the defining qualities of both as conveyed to me by the people who have one version or the other in their head:

One compels people to call him "Emperor" when they hear his name
Wants to start his own nation and had called upon all willing subjects to join him
Is a jerk who started a war against us, and lied several times during said war.
Has mind controlled people in his territory
Is under the influence of a True Warlock.

THE OTHER Bailol....
Is pretty much all of those things except not under the influence of a True Warlock and is maybe not mind controlling people.

The True Warlock one doesn't like the other one because the other one is stopping the True Warlock one from being in peoples heads by being in their head.

Now I've heard there's other stuff, but that alone makes this sound shady. And when I have asked where this information came from people have either pointed to someone that has a psychic version of Bailol in their head, or.... they stopped answering me. And well... it's a key aspect of pulling con jobs that all of your mark's information only comes from sources you control to make sure everything seems like it's lining up, and really all of this smells a lot like a con, so I figured I'd just ask to see if anyone has gotten this information from another source, or has can explain it to me in ways that don't sound incredibly suspicious.

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
17 Dec 2019 19:56 #2 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic On the subject of the two Bailols (I have some confusion)
I know that some research was done on him and here are a few facts that were found by our scholars through their research and efforts:

-Lucius is the bastard son of Baliol and Thera Rennick
-He worked as a mercenary and eventually became Captain of his own Company. Some of his Black Guard members were once members of that company with him.
-During the demon wars his mother was killed and her lands raised. He and his company purchased a warehouse in Vorlorn and cleansed demons from nearby settlements, but he felt like his potential was being wasted.
-Came across a Djinn lamp. Made a wish to get noticed by beings of true power. (My own personal note to this is to point out that he could have easily wished to just have power or to just have the kingdom at this point. But all he wished for was to be noticed.) This wish attracted an Esper of Loyalty and the True Warlock in the form of Enzarond.
-Enzarond played to all his desires, manipulated him and placed himself as Lucius' personal advisor. He told him that he was Baliol's son and that Baliol was dead and so the title and powers of being a Duke fell to him. He pushed him towards wanting to take over the kingdom and used the Count's actions with hiding the death of the king to solidify the Count as a "scourge" to the Kingdom and pushed him to make a move.

I am curious as to when exactly this split happened, but it is something I am hoping to look into. Did the personalities split as soon as both beings of power paid attention to him? Did it happen after as he found himself more and more divided as to which one to listen to? It was very obvious that they were split and fighting for control against each other in Grimwyr. He switched personalities and whenever Enzarond said the phrase "You know what to do" would immediately do what it was Enzarond wanted out of him. Including murder his childhood friend, Ser Tristram. So I wonder how long that had been going on and how many of the things done before that were Enzarond using this key phrase to make him do things that the original personality would never have done.

Squire Keladry Aybara

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
18 Dec 2019 21:14 - 18 Dec 2019 21:14 #3 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic On the subject of the two Bailols (I have some confusion)
Jackdaw,
I don't completely understand everything that's happened. I can only tell you my experiences, but I hope it helps.

At first Lucius claims to have been effected by the warlock. He said that eventually, the power he got from his psionic abilities allowed him to break away from Enzarond's influence, for the most part. He claimed that’s what caused his psyche to split, since part of him wanted to kill Enzarond, and the other wanted to use the True Warlock and his powers for the war.

I can also tell you that after he surrendered, I no longer felt compelled to correct people who didn't use Lucius' preferred title. I severed our connection as well. If anyone wants to check me to make sure it's gone, that'd be a good thing, I think.

I don't know much about cons, including what one smells like, but I did know to ask Lucius how I could tell if what he was saying was true. If he had proof. At the time, he acknowledged that I couldn't. He didn't hurt me, and I seemed to be able to reach out to the part of him outside Enzarond's control during that final battle. I think that helped. But I think the rest of it is why they make trials, to get to the truth of things.
~Eden Heimdell

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 21:14 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf)
18 Dec 2019 22:52 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic On the subject of the two Bailols (I have some confusion)
Eden,

When a sentient being uses the term "I smell a Rat" for example, they may not be talking about a literal rat. They suspect something may be not right- it may be a con, or an ambush, or other bad thing. Rats are often bringing diseases with them, so rats are often associated with misfortune. this may be different if you are Tom Bell, as that just means he will get more business for him and his people.

-Father MacFhionnlaigh.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds