Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!

• Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
18 Dec 2019 22:09 #1 by Django (Topgunwov)
WANTED:
WARRIORS, SUPPLIERS, HELPING HANDS OF ALL SORTS READY TO FIGHT AGAINST A NEW THREAT:
THE RED GLOVE
With the war across our fair Kormyre over, one would assume it's time to kick up your heels, sit back, enjoy a frosty winter's day with an even frostier brew, yes?
Or perhaps you are different? Always seeking the glory of the next battle and itching to fight?
Mayhaps you've grown listless now that the honor of combat or the zeal of justice has left you along with your wartime comrades?
How will you adjust?
How will you make ends meet now that the need for supplies are slowly drying up?

COMMODORE DJANGO HAS A PROPOSITION FOR YOU!
We are looking for intrepid souls to aid us in dealing with a new threat! A Pirate known as BLOODY BESS, who captains a ship known as the SILENT DOOM is working in service to an organization known as "The Red Glove" is sailing all around stealing and pillaging all across Arawyn looking for Treasures and Artifacts, and it's our job as Honest Travancians to deal with this new threat!
We are seeking Ships and Help of any variety to squash the pirates and end this threat before it becomes dire! We have amassed a respectable number of ships to aid in this endeavor:
The Ironscale, Captained by Me
The Governess
The Arbitrator
The Oracle
The Artisan
The Saguaro, Captained by Cobus Puren, along with his Raiders
The Three of Rods, Captained by Carlos Magellan
The Seahawk, Captained by Trisana Moss
Each of these ships, among others, will be aiding in our fight against the Red Gloves.
If you have any interest in joining up to help fight this scourge, Let me know by adding on to this posting.
If you have a ship of your own, excellent! We'll add you to our roster and give you your orders, if you have no ship, you'll serve on one of the ships listed above!
We'll be coordinating with teams on land to assail whatever inland bases they may have, but these are pirates, make no doubt, so you'll be sailing the high seas more than likely.
More details coming forthwith
WILL YOU JOIN THE FIGHT?

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
18 Dec 2019 22:19 - 18 Dec 2019 22:19 #2 by Aseir Belberk (quakefile)
Replied by Aseir Belberk (quakefile) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I am greatly interested in the "Red Glove" please sign me up! I would love to go fight the Red Glove Organization.

-Asier Belberk

OOG: Benjamin Placek
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 22:19 by Aseir Belberk (quakefile).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Django (Topgunwov)
  • Ebony Hale
  • Go ahead, underestimate me. You will not be the first and you will not be the last... But you will be wrong.
  • Thank Yous: 60
18 Dec 2019 22:59 #3 by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats)
Replied by Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Having classes that need teaching at the school would make it impossible for me to sail with you, but I can help supply you with scrolls and trinkets if you'd like.

~Ebony Hale-MazoKisei
Knight of Cups of Albriar
Dean of Shamanism at Darkwood Academy
18 Dec 2019 23:54 #4 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
While I won't be going on the water, I am working to compile as much information on Ser Osric and the Red Glove as I can. If you would like to assist, please reach out to me. (OOG: PM me on here or on Facebook and I will get you added to the Google Doc.) I'm sure you understand when I say I have a vested interest in dealing with these guys. I'll share what I've got if you'll share what you've got.

Khala Stormbringer

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
  • Will generally just drink tea and eat sashimi
  • Thank Yous: 158
20 Dec 2019 09:22 #5 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Khala,

As far as this "Ser Osric" goes he is dead. I think you may want to review your information. As is the high priest of the Obsidian Raptors. Though I am sure some other would be fanatic is now pulling the strings. I understand you want your revenge as this former noble captured you however there are larger plays at work here. I will speak to those about it next gather in detail. I will be engrossed in serving to the people's needs given how the war has ravaged our lands.

Naranbaatar Aiki
Squire to Count Sebastian Everest, Warden of Kormyre
Former Warlord Castellan to Corvencia
Legionnaire Commander, Kormyrian Army
"In service to the people"

OOG Name: Robert "Ira" Torres [MARSHAL]
20 Dec 2019 09:37 #6 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Honestly, its less about revenge and more about the fact that his group was gathering pieces of an artifact that will kill EVERYONE on Arawyn. Whether or not he's dead (which I'm not sure I believe unless I see physical proof. The man is crafty enough and has enough powerful artifacts at his disposal that I wouldn't put it past him to have a way to fake his own death) doesn't fully matter. When leadership goes down in something like this there is always someone who will step up to take their place.

We are researching him and his group as a whole to make sure that we have all the facts in order and aren't just going into this blind.

Khala Stormbringer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
20 Dec 2019 12:30 #7 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Replied by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Khala,

Already ahead of you on that. There are already people and objects in motion. Please speak to Darius of the Sagewardens.

Naranbaatar Aiki

20 Dec 2019 12:35 #8 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
I am a member of the Sagewardens and have been in touch with all of them in regards to this. I have taken up point on collecting all the information from all of them so it's not spread out across everyone. I have also been keeping in touch with Django to assist in coordination between his crew and my Household. I will make sure all our information is public once I have sorted through it and got it organized in a way everyone can understand.

Khala Stormbringer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
20 Dec 2019 13:03 #9 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Khala,

It would seem that you are committing a disservice to us by thinking we will not "understand". Please elaborate as I know Django is very comptent and even is able to share with myself as well others what needs to be done. I will expect a full report of your clarity on this next gather.

Naranbaatar Aiki

20 Dec 2019 13:07 #10 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Oh I don't mean it like that. From my time as Dean of Druidics in Sagewood I learned that how I think and organize is vastly different from everyone else. Poor Marcy and Darius had to go through my paperwork afterwards and I'm sure they will explain. Everything is there and I know where it is, but it's hard for others to figure it out. I'm making sure that things are clear and easily understood for everyone and making sure I have all my facts straight.

I will happily go over everything with people at Feast as well. I will be working on all of this until then.

Khala Stormbringer

20 Dec 2019 13:26 #11 by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen)
Replied by Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Aiki,
Khala and Darius are members of my Household, the Order of the Sagewardens. I act as the Knight Commander of this Order. Our Household exists to protect magical objects, research artifacts, and protect history and knowledge from loss or destruction. I am proud to say that Khala has a legitimate vested interest in this endeavor with the Red Glove due to her dedication to the mission statement of the Household, just as Darius and the others are.
She was ready to take point on the collection of valuable information and research upon her return. Of this, I am thankful since I will not be able to run point on this due to conflicting obligations which need my attention. Khala and the rest of the Order are working to bring various pieces of information together, create a cohesive report, and cross check the information.

Aiki, this is Travance and we know how information sometimes gets lost, misheard, or forgotten. I have faith that my Household will deliver an exceptional work product which aides the rest of Travance in their endeavor to hunt down the Red Glove. Hence my excitement that they have also been working with Django and other Travancians.

Anyone who wishes to work with my Household is welcome to do so, but if you happen to be quite busy in the rebuilding effort that currently exists, we are more than happy to brief you at the coming feast in January.

With Honor, Truth, and Trust,
Knight Commander Ravyn Aeronwen, Order of the Sagewardens
Constable of Albriar
Commander of the Sagewood Guard
Professor of Bardics for Darkwood Academy

Main: Ravyn Aeronwen, Constable of Albriar, Vassal of Albriar, Knight Commander of the Order of the Sagewardens, Commander of the Sagewood Guard, and Professor of Bardics at Darkwood Academy
Alt: Vespertine Crimson, Owner of the Crimson Tide and Entertainer for the Blackbird

OOG: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Naranbaatar Aiki
20 Dec 2019 14:06 #12 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Ravyn and Khala,

With that being said I look forward to a briefing on this matter then. Until then there is much work to do.

Naranbaatar Aiki

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Dec 2019 08:00 #13 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I've never been on a ship before! Should be a lot of fun! Incidentally, the thought has crossed my mind for a new type of ammunition for cannons that could prove useful. Not sure how well I can sail, but I can certainly continue to work on this special cannonball for you, as long as you promise to use it to help people.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
24 Dec 2019 10:24 - 24 Dec 2019 10:25 #14 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Django, I'm bored. I'll join you. Whatever you need, I can probably get it.

Elias

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 24 Dec 2019 10:25 by Matt D (MattD).
  • Tyr Morkthjarta
  • Do not fear the darkness, fear what lurks within it!
  • Thank Yous: 0
25 Dec 2019 19:27 #15 by Tyr Morkthjarta (Daniel Sands)
Replied by Tyr Morkthjarta (Daniel Sands) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I will be glad to help!

Squire To Yaya Silverfang
Court Sorcerer of Ostcliff
Master Vrajitor of House Skuggare
Captain of The Spectres
Cenobite of Agaura
OOG: Daniel Sands
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 Jan 2020 16:10 #16 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
((Message is stabbed to the board with a bloody throwing dagger))

D be havin' a question here aye? Correct me if I be wrong but nay Khala be an outlaw hmm? Why would Travance be trustin' information t'an outlaw says I? Gatherin' important shite? How ye be knowin' she won't fuck up again? D nay an expert or nothin' but I thought outlaw was given t'th'worst offenders aye? Like she done fucked up, and ye want her in charge? Whew, glad I be stayin' ou'in th'far seas here mate.

Captain Miss Fortune Demeanor an' her glorious warship; The Crimson Trident will nay take a damned order from ye Django. But, we be ready, willin' and GLAD t'be aidin' w'skinin' the planks outta tha' floatin' pissbucket Bess be callin' a ship; silent fart or wh' have ye... stinks like one too ye bet.

Add t'yer list then.

~ D

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
08 Jan 2020 16:32 #17 by Aria (Aria)
So you have never made a mistake is that it. Only those who have never messed up are allowed to take charge now is that how this works? If that were the case then no one would be in charge. Khala has been more then clear about her intentions, she has released all of the information that she has gathered and she has the Sagewardens behind her. Do not go around taking attention from these writings intended meanings. Khala is trying to do good here and should be supported for that, if someone is constantly made out to be a monster soon that is what they become. Everyone deserves a chance to do better, personally I will continue working with her, and will assist her in any information I get for the betterment of the town and this cause, I hope others do the same

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Wren
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 148
08 Jan 2020 16:33 #18 by Wren (Wren)
D,

Khala is currently staying at Sagewardens Keep, which is located in the mountains outside of Sagewood, the town I am steward of. All the information she is tirelessly gathering I have been reviewing and helping her go through, as missives come in at the daily and literal teams of people are working around the clock to discover more information for the town. Don't want to trust an outlaw? Fine. But I'd ask you to please place trust in me, and the others who are working on the issue.

Your opinions aside, I trust her. Everyday I see her make an effort to not only improve herself but help those around her. I constantly have to remind her to take breaks, or get fresh air, as she throws herself into writing letters or doing research so that she can uncover as much as she can as fast as she can. Don't take any of her hard work to heart, that's your choice, but then you're choosing to be uninformed, such is life I suppose.

Also, please stop leaving bloody daggers in the board. It is quite frankly unwelcome, uncleanly, and unwise as blood can be used for many magical uses. Also, it damages the board and it's no ones job to clean up after you. Tacks are provided below.

Please be safe out on the seas,

- Sir Wrenton Revlis of Albriar, The Knight of Wands.
Steward of Sagewood
Headmaster of Darkwood Academy

O.O.G. Adam D. (Marshal)
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
08 Jan 2020 18:31 #19 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
They die with opened throats or behind bars.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
08 Jan 2020 18:37 #20 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I intend to entreat the Dead Hand so that we may have the favor of the tide in at least one engagement. And while I'm not proud of it, if need be I can show your lads how to do a proper cutting out to spike the guns.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
  • Chris D
  • Thank Yous: 63
09 Jan 2020 10:39 #21 by Chris D (Brogan)
Replied by Chris D (Brogan) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I am willing to take my ship to help you Commodore. You may ask for my aid and the Night Hag will happily sail to help the Royal Navy. As D stated. I am not taking orders. I am offering the aid of my ship and its unique crew and weapons.

Cyan Bloodbane

oog- Chris D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
10 Jan 2020 17:05 #22 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
((Message is stabbed to the board with two bloody throwing daggers, one on each side))

Pyromaniac magicks lass, D nay say people in charge be devoid of mistakes. I stated an OUTLAW should nay be in charge o' anythin' regardin' th'town they be outlaw o' aye? Ye nay worry yer pretty little head about me information, that be me trade, I be havin' plenty o'it, fr'great reliable sources. As for bein' a monster... Tha' gave me a good ol' cackle there lass, ti's nay others tellin' you a monster that makes ye one, tis yer actions. If ye be curious what one look like, take a good long look at D next time ye be layin' yer eyes on me glorious visage. And I did indeed write fer yer Commodore's information here, lettin' him know The Crimson Trident would sink some 'ships' t'aid ye.

Wonton Sagesoop; nay, D will nay trust ye or anyone else an'ye be correct, it be me choice. Like it be yer choice t'trust an outlaw, a dumb one. I be doin' what I want with me daggers, ye nay worry, it definitely nay be D's blood on 'em.

Oh, and so cute... ye worried? Safe is boring mate.

~ D

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Do not fear the darkness, fear what lurks within it!
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Jan 2020 18:02 #23 by Tyr Morkthjarta (Daniel Sands)
Replied by Tyr Morkthjarta (Daniel Sands) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I agree, safe is boring. And if the daggers weren't bloody I'd be disappointed : )

Squire To Yaya Silverfang
Court Sorcerer of Ostcliff
Master Vrajitor of House Skuggare
Captain of The Spectres
Cenobite of Agaura
OOG: Daniel Sands
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
10 Jan 2020 19:38 #24 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Okay but boring is a pleasantry in certain circumstances!

--Chet

• Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
10 Jan 2020 21:52 #25 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
And for the love of all that is holy don't go stabbing the [strike]bards[/strike] boards with daggers, or maps, or whatever the hell else those poor craftspeople have put weeks to months of work into! Use something else for target practice!

((there is a wood board with a hastily painted target on it))

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
12 Jan 2020 05:19 #26 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
So, not to step on anyones toes, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to better combat the Red Grove, just ways we can all work together and constructively go murder these pirates? Travanse seems really good at the killing part, so why don't we get creative with it?

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
12 Jan 2020 11:50 #27 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Chesta,

I would suggest reaching out to Django personally on that. He's been orchestrating the ships that are going out to help deal with them. The Red Glove itself is not just the pirates though. There are multiple facets to this organization. There's another stack of papers on this board that I've been keeping updated with things we know about them as people bring them to me.

Khala Stormbringer

• Django
12 Jan 2020 15:44 #28 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
I am glad to see so many interested in joining the cause!

To all that have offered aid, I thank you

Firstly, on the matter of the outlaw: I fully understand your scruples in dealing with someone who's proven themselves not to be trustworthy in the eyes of the laws of Travance. I will, however, place my trust in the Sagewardens. Their operations on land in tandem with our operations on the sea have made our course of action so far successful. Two of the Red Glove ships have already been incapacitated, and all in all everything is proceeding according to plan.

With regards to plans, If you are offering services, you'll be more than welcome, and while you may not take orders from me, this is a naval operation being overseen by me. You need not follow my instructions to the letter, and I am a man known to give leeway in terms of letting others stick to their personal specialties. All I ask is that there not be direct opposition to the plans we have already put into motion. We've taken time to set up plans and measures and countermeasures in dealing with this threat, and I'd rather not have my hard work hampered by the wills of men who can't be bothered to cooperate. I say, I enjoy the free will of those who sail with me. I shall not stifle your freedoms. I only ask for communication and cooperation, not for you to bend your will to mine. However, should you choose to be unwilling even to cooperate in any capacity? At the end of the day, I don't really need you. And can carry on well without you.

Good Ninnyhammer, D, Chesta, Cyan, and all the rest, as long as you are willing to cooperate I welcome you heartily to our little Flotilla! I am glad we shall have extra ships to work with in our endeavors, send me a personal missive* and I shall guide your ships to the rest of our grouping on the waters! There is much to go over with regards to how we are approaching the rest of the ships, so the sooner the better!

*(Facebook messenger pm me and I'll get you in the chat)

Vassal to Kaladonia

• Naranbaatar Aiki
14 Jan 2020 13:11 #29 by Naranbaatar Aiki (aikichi)
Django,

If you would have my. I would like to join you on your ship. If we encounter the man known as "Osric" I ask you let me treat with him before the usual travancian head butt.

Naranbaatar Aiki

• Django
15 Jan 2020 10:03 #30 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic Set Sail against the Pirates working for the Red Glove!
Aiki,

You're more than welcome to sail with us, but I doubt we'll even see Oseric (Osric?) on the water. Leading the Glove on the seas is Bloody Bess's job, while Oseric guides the land troops, so while it's not impossible we'll see him, I will say it is rather unlikely. You're still more than welcome to join us, and since we're trying to capture their captains rather than kill them, should we encounter him we would do our best to take him back alive. I cannot specifically promise you parlay with him, unfortunately. Our mission to interrogate comes first, unless I hear otherwise from my own superiors. However, should he be in our holds while bringing him back to see justice, I won't bar you from speaking to him. That is all I can promise, however.

Send me a private missive and I shall see that you board one of our ships swiftly.

Vassal to Kaladonia

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds