I feel regret

04 Mar 2020 18:12 - 05 Mar 2020 06:07 #1 by Alex Tauber (Artalon)
I feel regret was created by Alex Tauber (Artalon)
So now that the adrenaline has gone away. The anger has been quelled, I feel regret for how I killed Osric. I remember him cowering as me and fellow adventures rained blows on him. He tried to go invisible but was denied. It ended with my hands around his neck till he was no more.
He was a former knight, he had to had honor at some point. Did he deserve a trial? I dont know how to feel...

IC: Artalon Dragonflow
Ardrum Tribe
Emerald Dragoon
Baronial smith
Pendarvin Quarter master and smith
OOG: Alex Tauber
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 06:07 by Alex Tauber (Artalon).
05 Mar 2020 04:12 #2 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic I feel regret
At that point in time, we could not safely secure him and bring him to a fair trial. I was the one who denied his spells, I rained spell after spell upon him. I did not attempt to stop you from killing him. I believe I was the ranking noble present for his execution, so if there is to be repercussions for his death, that falls to me. You fought to protect your friends and family.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
05 Mar 2020 07:51 #3 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic I feel regret
If it helps, he wasn't Knighted for honor or for any of the usual reasons. He was Knighted so that Baliol could make good use of his teams. In exchange he got what he needed from Baliol. There was no honor involved. Osric was a man of opportunity and manipulation.

Khala Stormbringer

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
05 Mar 2020 08:26 - 05 Mar 2020 08:26 #4 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic I feel regret
Echoing what Khala said. While I had a brain spike, Baliol and I had a number of conversations, one of which was about Osric. Baliol himself referred to him as a man that serves only himself.

-Ser Robert Morgan
Lupis Gemini

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 08:26 by Tom P (Father Ridigan).
05 Mar 2020 08:29 #5 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic I feel regret
He was knighted by scum, so he is scum. The scunner died badly, as he deserved to. Dinnae beat yourself up o'er it. He embodied the worst qualities of those we call the Lowlanders or Outlanders- Sassenachs, in the old tongue.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
05 Mar 2020 08:45 #6 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic I feel regret
Artalon,

He was offered terms for surrender - he was even offered amnesty for his crimes under the Duke, if only he would bend his talents and knowledge towards the good of the true Kingdom.

He chose instead to take advantage of Travance's kindness and used the opportunity to grasp for the power locked behind the Weavesmith's keys. When you choose to pursue that kind of power, there are only two outcomes: success, or death. Anyone walking that path knows this, and it echoes in your mind with every step you take; there is no doubt in my mind that he knew what would happen to him if he failed.

If it is the specific method by which you slew him that bothers you, there are many in this town who have learned how to find a kind of peace on the line between what is necessary and what is monstrous. You may want to explore this further by speaking with Pendarvin's own stalwart knight.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Mar 2020 10:16 #7 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Donny, as someone who has traveled most of Palmydia in my lifetime, I can tell you that those qualities are prevalent in all people. To claim otherwise, especially when lumping those negative qualities into people other than your own, is incredibly racist. In the future, please keep your racism to yourself, otherwise some might consider you a public nuisance.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
05 Mar 2020 11:46 #8 by Alex Tauber (Artalon)
Replied by Alex Tauber (Artalon) on topic I feel regret
Lady Lois, I will take your advice, thank you. And thank you for those who responded. I have a lot to think about.

Ardrum Tribe
Emerald Dragoon
Baronial smith
05 Mar 2020 13:42 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Lucky,

I have not traveled extensively. That said, I come from a sept with many who have, almost exclusively in the Soldier for hire trade. I've heard the stories of Costadori slavers tricking our people. One attempted to brazenly take my own mother out of our fields. My father was at a post battle feast where a Kormyrian Lord attempted to avoid paying the mercenaries by poisoning them. These are only the tip of the iceberg of the stories I overheard growing up. Hearing such things makes one cautious, but also tends to reinforce a clannish, insular manner. this is not to mention fighting off the slavers of the Hobgoblin Empire in the spring and the Venier raiders every winter. I'm a warrior, and my actions speak better than my words.

You claim I hate. This is not the first time you've uttered such a charge. Yes, I'm wary and watchful, and its helped people here before defeat perfidious foes. Would such a vile person protect a child not of their own kin, simply because he would hope that one might do the same for his wife or daughter? I don't think so. Normally, I'd just accept the challenge that left your lips, and then nail your severed head to the walnut tree in front of the inn as a way of convincing your soul to be more considerate of its actions in its next iteration, and keeping it from following me home as a vengeful spirit. Instead, I invite you, under my traditions of hospitality, to sit and drink. Listen, and maybe we'll understand one another.

What say you?

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Mar 2020 15:14 #10 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Donny, I never said you hate. One does not have to hate to prejudge someone based on a person's race.

I call you out because I see a pattern of behavior that is unbecoming of an ambassador.

At this point you have two options, you can let these words fall on deaf ears, or you can acknowledge a change of behavior and mentality is needed to improve your reputation.

As far as your offer to answer the challenge, which option you choose above will determine my answer, as I have no interest is speaking with someone who has stagnated in their own prejudice.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
05 Mar 2020 16:50 #11 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic I feel regret
Oh Lucky,
Pay his lunacy no mind,
Quick to violence so is he,
So he seems same as many of me.

No honor many whisper, threw every nook and door, no spine said the spineless, as they laugh at the ignorance.

~ from one hypocrite to another Donny. Stop talking. ~

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
05 Mar 2020 16:52 #12 by Moostrav Potrevski ()
Replied by Moostrav Potrevski () on topic I feel regret
Artalon,
You did well and good, don’t worry about the lights of others. What grip did you use?

Moostrav Potrevski
1 of the 8 Heads of the Potrevski family

Jacob F.
05 Mar 2020 17:28 #13 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Lucky,

I haven't been an ambassador for a couple years now. That was stripped from myself and my wife by now Lady Lois when she was Seneschal. You want to talk, I'll listen, because understanding the different ways of different people is not an easy one, but I will give it a shot again. We shall see what happens.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
05 Mar 2020 17:42 - 05 Mar 2020 17:48 #14 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic I feel regret
Donny, Lucky,

Please bring your discussion elsewhere. This was not the place for it.

Thank you.

Ilana Darkwood
Lady of Pendarvin
Headmistress of Darkwood Academy

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 05 Mar 2020 17:48 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Tauber (Artalon)
05 Mar 2020 17:46 #15 by Joseph Siegel (Bengarion)
Replied by Joseph Siegel (Bengarion) on topic I feel regret
At the end of the day, those you respect can give you council, those with authority can tell you if it is a crime, but only you can decide how your actions weigh on you. If they sit well, then it will bastion you the next time such choices come. If not, then learn from it and become better. The rest is noise.

Bengarion

RN: Joseph Siegel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Alex Tauber (Artalon)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Mar 2020 17:51 #16 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
My apologies for side tracking, but I could not that behavior continue

Artalon, my friend, you did good.

-Lucky

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
05 Mar 2020 20:22 #17 by Eden Heimdell (amalthea)
Replied by Eden Heimdell (amalthea) on topic I feel regret

Artalon,
You feel regret and guilt. You did something you can't take back. You can't change it, but I think you're learning from it. That means you can do better in the future. It's not good what you did, at least you admit that you don't think so. But it doesn't have to be the only thing you do. I think you'll do good. I believe you can.

Sincerely,
~Eden Heimdell

Eden Heimdell
Vassal of Albriar

OOG Lauren F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62), Raine G. Darkmore (The Traitor Elf), Alex Tauber (Artalon)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
07 Mar 2020 21:46 #18 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic I feel regret
First off, Osric was scum and deserved a death far worse than the one he received. He was lucky.

Speaking of Lucky, who died and made you judge of Reputation? You and Moostrav lay off of Donny. He’s one of the few decent Valosians and what he’s survived and experienced is not for you to lay judgment on. His path is his own, and he will learn as he needs without your input.

Also that’s not racism, that’s bigotry. At least accuse him of the right thing.

Osric is dead, praise be to Aguara No regrets. You’ll do it again. But take heart, each time you do, it will get easier.

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
07 Mar 2020 22:04 - 07 Mar 2020 22:05 #19 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic I feel regret
This traitor suffered the fate of all those who would turn against the will the Crown; Begging, and alone, broken beneath a rain of fists and iron. A once proud warrior left a shattered corpse, still shuddering its lasts as it is tossed and stripped of wealth- as tho by wild dogs.

When deemed an enemy of Travance, any should expect such an end. Next time I would pay a sum for what remains of his head, so that it may adorn some public space so that others may think more carefully before refusing our mercy.

There is No Crime in Kormyrian Justice,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
Last edit: 07 Mar 2020 22:05 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
08 Mar 2020 05:51 #20 by Alex Tauber (Artalon)
Replied by Alex Tauber (Artalon) on topic I feel regret
I have listened to all of you and sought counsel with a dear friend. I know that Osric did deserve to die. But I let my rage from my past encounters with him over take me and one hand choke the man. And I understand that at that point we couldn't take him in.
I am Ardrum now and forever but I refuse to let my northman blood cloud my thoughts in battle any longer. I will fight for myself and my friends. I will accept my past actions and will be better than that.
In my educational quest to teach the demon sword Light Sunder, I have read many books on philosophy. I guess I'll have to read a few on human nature and learn myself.
Thank you all again for your words. I'm glad to have support like this.

Ardrum Tribe
Emerald Dragoon
Baronial smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
09 Mar 2020 08:43 #21 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic I feel regret
The looming reminder of anyone you put to death never leaves.

If you can't handle it, put up your sword.

For any sane person, it won't get any easier.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Grashügel (HAZMAT221), Alex Tauber (Artalon), Garrett R (Amhrán)
  • Garrett R
  • If you don't know where you're going, the enemy can't know where you're going
  • Thank Yous: 14
09 Mar 2020 16:40 #22 by Garrett R (Amhrán)
Replied by Garrett R (Amhrán) on topic I feel regret
Nor should it ever be easy, but take solace in the fact that by taking this one life you have saved many others.

Amhrán
[strike]Anam[/strike] Briste-Laoch
OOG: Garrett R
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
10 Mar 2020 19:21 #23 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic I feel regret

Seth (Kurteth) wrote: The looming reminder of anyone you put to death never leaves.

If you can't handle it, put up your sword.

For any sane person, it won't get any easier.

Who told you that? Your new best friend, Fiona?

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds