[Velocity]

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
30 Sep 2018 02:15 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
[Velocity] was created by Seth (Kurteth)
In the rules, Velocity is explained as follows

Velocity (Meteoric)
This ability allows the character to choose one Periodic skill. For the duration of the encounter,
any time she activates that skill, she gains +1 damage on her next weapon damage attack,
stacking up to five times.
Continuous, Augment

Say I make my weapon out of meteoric, and tie it to slaughter. After 5 slaughters, do I get +5 to my next damage attack?

I have been told that I need to have two more pieces of Meteoric on my armor, and as a Kormyrian a fourth piece, and then I would be able to reach +4 if they were all tied to Slaughter, but I do not think that is correct.

Thanks!

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
01 Oct 2018 14:18 #2 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic [Velocity]

Say I make my weapon out of meteoric, and tie it to slaughter. After 5 slaughters, do I get +5 to my next damage attack?

This is correct.

I have been told that I need to have two more pieces of Meteoric on my armor, and as a Kormyrian a fourth piece, and then I would be able to reach +4 if they were all tied to Slaughter, but I do not think that is correct.

Firstly, no matter what, you can never have more than two of the same material benefit, so the maximum number of Meteoric pieces you can invoke Velocity from is 2 in the same encounter.

Secondly, as you can't have more than one identical Augment at the same time, you would not be able to tie Velocity to Slaughter for both pieces. However, if you had two and tied one to Slaughter and one to Deflect, any time you used Slaughter or Deflect it would grant you the stacking +1 to your next weapon damage attack, up to +5 max.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
Moderators: Nicoletta (fyperia)
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds