Higher List Reminder

21 Aug 2008 21:02 - 25 Aug 2008 18:23 #1 by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
Higher List Reminder was created by Lord Renaudierre (Sir Renaudierre)
I've been seeing a lot or comments about learning Higher Lists lately.  I want to remind people, possibly inform any that don't already know, higher lists are never, ever guaranteed to any character or player.  Nor is the learning of the skills once you have the list.  We do not promise to send out higher list teachers and for the most part will actively not if there are PC resources to learn from.  Anyone playing a mage that participates in the guild can tell you, the NPC refers you back to the PC. 

If there are 10 people with Master Warrior and you can't get one to teach you, we probably aren't going to send out a teacher.  If no ceremonialist PC teacher is about, we'll see about working in an NPC.  However that still doesn't  guarantee the teacher will even teach you. 

That may sound harsh to anyone new to the game, but Higher lists were originally intended to be special lists that had to be earned.  This hasn't changed.  I was the first PC to learn Sorcery.  I had to go through all kinds of challenges, including be sent out into the lake, in order to get it. 

If you're striking out on higher lists, maybe you can look to other lower lists.  From a power perspective, some of the most powerful characters never learn higher lists.  Crasis, played by Luke G, is the perfect example.  The guy specifically didn't buy higher lists and from a strictly power standpoint, could probably have dropped any character while he was playing.

We do guarantee lower lists will be taught.  Every player has the right and will be afforded the opportunity, though perhaps not at that immediate event, to learn a lower list or lower list skills. 

In service to Kormyre,

Lord Alexander Renaudierre of Frostguard

~~~
Roy S.
Last edit: 25 Aug 2008 18:23 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds