MORESCA BALL DETAILS!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Oct 2008 14:35 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
MORESCA BALL DETAILS! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]The Masquerade Ball at Winterdark![/size]

Event: In-Game Masquerade Ball
Place: The Moresca Hall (361 Union Center Road, Ulster Park, NY 12487)
Time: Saturday November 1st 6pm to Midnight (Arrive at 5 to sign in)
Cost: $35, (+ option to purchase up to +3 build at $10 each.)

Details
- You receive 5-8 build depending on the admission you pay.
- It is a masquerade ball, please bring a mask.
- No combat is allowed. In-game the Count has you check your weapons at the door.
- There will be a feast, dancing, entertainment, games, contests, a Winterdark Merchant who can sell special and unique items, chances to win in-game items as prizes and an opportunity to win the “big” prize.
- You will be allowed to learn any one skill as per the same rules of the banquet.
- Carpooling is encouraged if possible.

More details to follow here
- As I draft up more details they will be posted here.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
17 Oct 2008 14:35 - 17 Oct 2008 14:36 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
[size=14pt]Moresca Ball Announcements [/size]

Costuming for Sale
The Moresca clearance room might be open and there are allot of nice items in there. I will update this with a confirmation one way or another.

Food
Although Knight Realms will be preparing and providing food for a feast, we are going under the mindset that the more food the more of grand feast it may seem. So to that end, we are encouraging you to bring a dish to the Ball. This is not required, but doing so will get you extra service and in some cases build.

We are offering 500 SP for every cold dish or dessert, with no upper limit, and 1 build for a large Crockpot full of hot food with a maximum of one build per person.

The only requirement is that you send me a PM ahead of time letting me know what you plan to bring so that I can be prepared.

NPCs
Cost to NPC at the Ball will be the reduced price of $20. You will get all the build for PCing, you get to self teach or learn skills just as a PC would.  Every NPC who lets us know that they are coming by October 30th will have a NPC role hand crafted for them by plot. PM me to let me know if you are coming to NPC. 

Time
Sign in will begin at 4pm. Please plan to arrive on or slightly after that time. We wish to begin the game at 5pm, and we plan to close registration at 6pm. If you absolutely have to arrive after 6pm, send me a PM to make sign-in arrangements. The ball will end at midnight.

Costuming and Make-up
To reduce on waiting time, and maximize on play time, we strongly encourage you to dress-up prior to leaving your house. If you cannot, than their will be bathrooms in which you can dress.

The KR make-up kit will not be available. Plan your make-up needs ahead of time. You should attempt to do your make-up outside or in your car. Bring a mirror with you if you will need it. If you must do make-up in the bathroom, than bring a towel and lay it on the sink and be positive that you are not leaving behind makeup evidence.

No Combat
We are not allowed to perform combat of any kind in the building. In the unlikely event that it would make sense for your character to be removed by guards, we will simply have to story tell, and say that it happens without possibility of resistance. So don’t do anything that would result in us having to do that please ;)

KR Policy
All of the KR policies extend to this event as they would to any other one-day in-game event. Anyone found to be breaking any policies will be punished to the same degree as of at a full weekend event.  In particular this reminder is being especially made in regards to alcohol. If you arrive intoxicated you will be turned away at the door.

Mugs and Chalices
I will be bringing our mugs and chalices although their will not be a facility for cleaning them. Therefore when you get your first drink, you will get a tag to attach to your mug that you can write your name on. Reuse your mug/chalice throughout the night.

Clean up for Feast
I might be bringing the metal plates. If I do, than on either side of the feasting table will be a garbage bag/can and a Tupperware container. Empty your plate off into the trash bag, throw the plastic utensils and napkins in the trash bag and place the plate in the Tupperware container. I will also have a stack of paper plates set out so that a few hours after the feast is done if anyone wants to nibble at leftovers they can.

Parking
Try to car pool if possible. Park very close together to maximize on space. If you begin to park along the driveway, than only park on one side, whichever side people are parked on. Do not park on the opposite side of other cars along the road, causing the road to be tightened too much. At any point in time a fire truck needs to have access to the main building.

Courtesy
Be respectful to the structure, and the place both inside and out. If the weather is good and we wander outside, be careful not to step on any flowers or anything.  If the night turns out as great as I think it will, than we will want to make this a regular thing, but we will need to make sure we all conduct ourselves in a manner in which we would get happily invited back.  If you see her consider thanking her for her hospitality near the end of the night. 

Skills
To earn the benefit to a free skill you must purchase at least one extra build.
You must have all the normal pre-requisites
You must have the build available. You may use build you earned at the Banquet.
You may learn a Lower List, Lower List Skill, or Higher List Skill, this includes racial skills. You may NOT learn a Higher List.
You may NOT teach yourself a skill you already know, or Body or Career Points. You must do this at an Event or Festival.
You may not learn or teach any additional skills beyond the freebee without direct approval from James.
All lore's and literacy skills learned via the free skill benefit will be looked at closely and may be declined by the director. If said skill is declined for any reason the player will be able to choose another in its place. This is to prevent players from learning skills that normal characters would have no easy way of accessing such as Literacy : Demon and to prevent off the wall requests such as Lore : Birth of the universe.

Last edit: 17 Oct 2008 14:36 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Oct 2008 16:37 - 21 Oct 2008 23:04 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Additional Characters
You can play two characters. After you have paid in full for the first character your second character and any additional build for it would be 1/2 price.

For example:
First Character + all build: 35 +10 +10 +10
Second Character + all build: 15 + 5 + 5 + 5

Any additional characters equals the same as the second character.
Any character that you pay for can get the full benefits of the ball in regards to skill teaching and build gained.

Last edit: 21 Oct 2008 23:04 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
21 Oct 2008 16:11 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
I just got off the phone with Llanna, so I wanted to post some things that we talked about

Clothing Sale
The Clearance Room should indeed be open sometime during the night. Last year she had a decent amount of male stuff in there at pretty nice discounts. She may try to have some new stuff put into it, but cant guarantee that shell get a chance to. In either case the opportunity to buy Moresca clothes will be their so bring some extra money if you are interested in doing some shopping.

Bathroom
Last year there was an incident where the Men’s Bathroom overflowed.  It would have been a complete disaster if a few players hadn’t jumped on the situation to clean it up as fast as possible. The reason it happened though was mainly due to slightly broken plumbing.

She sais that problem will be fixed by the ball, however she really wants to urge people to remember to use common sense when using the toilets. It is a septic system and so it works by gravity. If you put too much paper in there, it will overflow. Wait and don’t leave the bathroom until you are positive that there is no clog. In fact I would recommend that you wait and then flush again before you leave to make sure that the toilet is in working order for the next person who comes in there. Always wait a few moments and just make sure that you are not leaving the toilet with a clog or with water that is somehow coming onto the floor. Thanks!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
21 Oct 2008 16:17 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Attuned Weapons
Due to the nature of the Black Keep, Attuned weapons are able to be kept apart from their owners while there, and held by the guards. (This is to help enforce the out of game mechanic that we are not supposed to have weapons.)

Commodities and Created Items
Commodity cards will not be handed out or accepted for build. Reagents will not be handed out. Wild Mage spells and envelopes will not be handed out. You will be allowed to perform creating skills such as creating scrolls, smithing, alchemy, manuscripts etc.

• Father Paul
  • Kitchen Marshals
  • Thank Yous: 1
21 Oct 2008 21:54 #6 by Father Paul (Father Paul)
Replied by Father Paul (Father Paul) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!

Knight Realms will be preparing and providing food for a feast

Do you have a general idea on what is being served?

Priest of Gaia
The Eyes in the Sky
oog Paul W.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
23 Oct 2008 10:28 #7 by Gallion (Gallion)
Off hand no. I will do the buying of the food the day before and prepare it with MB at her place.

• Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
23 Oct 2008 10:46 #8 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
I don't know who made that crab dip last year, but it was awesome and should totally be made again, IMO.  :)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
23 Oct 2008 18:36 #9 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
I made the crab dip - maybe I'll make it as an extra - making bacony mac and cheese as my main this year.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
28 Oct 2008 14:27 #10 by Gallion (Gallion)
Wanted to /Bump the part about brining a food dish to the Ball.

If you have not told me you plan to do so, and want to contribute, send me a PM to let me know what you are thinking of bringing, it will help me plan the rest better.

If you sent me a PM letting me know, I did not reply to anyone, but they all sounded great!

• Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
28 Oct 2008 16:23 #11 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
I sent you an email, but I'll send a PM too :P

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Father Paul
  • Kitchen Marshals
30 Oct 2008 16:19 #12 by Father Paul (Father Paul)

Any idea on what is being served

Priest of Gaia
The Eyes in the Sky
oog Paul W.
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
30 Oct 2008 16:23 #13 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!

Any idea on what is being served

I'm guessing food.

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
  • Father Paul
  • Kitchen Marshals
30 Oct 2008 16:26 #14 by Father Paul (Father Paul)
That not very funny, since there are some people with medical problem who need to know!

Priest of Gaia
The Eyes in the Sky
oog Paul W.
  • Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
30 Oct 2008 16:36 #15 by Inajira (Inajira)
Replied by Inajira (Inajira) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
James already posted he doesn't have a good idea.

If I was to guess from past festivals/one-shot events of what's going to be served I'm gonna guess things like Turkey, Ham, Bread, Vegetables etc. etc.

Last year had a monsterously good spread for food, so I don't think people will have a huge problem finding food that fits in their dietary constraints.

Angus Grumblegut
  • dedrite
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • For the Emperor!
30 Oct 2008 16:43 #16 by dedrite (dedrite)
Replied by dedrite (dedrite) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
Paul,

If you or anyone has special needs, they should let James know and I'm sure he will do his best to please all reasonable requests..

Joe

-Brother Knight Templar Sabatheous Tellinghast-
Knight Templar of the Order of the Brilliant Hammer
Holy Inquisitor of the Church of Kormyre

Crudelius est quam mori semper timere mortem

"Nothing is ever forgotten"

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
30 Oct 2008 17:51 #17 by Gallion (Gallion)
Basically what is not on the menu is the better question.

A millionytrilliony of you have said you will be bringing a variety of stews, soups and chili's. There will be Ham. Many kinds of deserts, Fruits, Breads, Salad, Mac and Cheese, Empanadas, Chicken and Rice, plus many other things, I don't even know yet ;)

30 Oct 2008 18:30 #18 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
Please, for the love of Mike Smith, let there be bacon!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
30 Oct 2008 19:20 #19 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
Already taken care of. ;)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
30 Oct 2008 19:23 #20 by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie)
Replied by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!

Basically what is not on the menu is the better question.

A millionytrilliony of you have said you will be bringing a variety of stews, soups and chili's. There will be Ham. Many kinds of deserts, Fruits, Breads, Salad, Mac and Cheese, Empanadas, Chicken and Rice, plus many other things, I don't even know yet ;)

It's like Christmas, with James C Kimball instead of Santa, and he has a giant sack of food instead of presents.

...best Christmas ever...

Alex T.
Rules Marshal
30 Oct 2008 23:02 #21 by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna)
Replied by Mother Rhonna (Rhonna) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
i plan on bringing 2 pots of vegan corn chowder. if any vegans or vegatarians are counting on this, please pm so ill have an idea if i need to make more.

also if there is a request besides just my fiance, i can bring some vegan baked goods. i may not want to make them if JUST josh will be eating them, so please send me a pm if interested in that as well.

thanx

IG: Rhonna Mcbane
OOG: Dani Swinick
30 Oct 2008 23:51 #22 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
Just to ease people's minds.. the Chili I am bringing is currently slowly bubbling... not quite finished, it will likely be two step chili, with the finishing touches added tomorrow.  But it comes with a warning:

My chili has a LOT of sugar in it.  LOTS and LOTS... like molassess and maple syrup lots.

My Chili has pork in it... like LOTS and LOTS... like sausage, ham, and bacon.

It is sweet chili, so it has NO HEAT (mostly because I'm allergic to spicy peppers). 

My Chili is VERY fattening.  You will gain weight just thinking about it... but it's worth it.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
31 Oct 2008 00:50 #23 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
I will be bringing my cougar gold cheese souffle from last year again, but I will be bringing more;)

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
31 Oct 2008 01:16 #24 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic MORESCA BALL DETAILS!
I will be bringing a large plate of fromunda cheese, and crackers.

-andy

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
31 Oct 2008 09:16 #25 by Gallion (Gallion)
There are about three to four people who said they where going to bring a hot dish, but did not know what yet. My message to them is this: If you are not yet committed to it (meaning you didnt already buy the ingredients), please steer away from Stew, Chili, Soup, or Chowder, or anything you need a bowl to eat. While all of those things are awesome, there is a TON of it coming. At this point, stuff that would be more useful, would be anything that you can eat on a plate, or cold dishes. Thanks! ;)

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.678 seconds