Photo Gallery / Missing Forums posts

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Apr 2009 08:55 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Photo Gallery / Missing Forums posts was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
On Wed. Night, a problem with our hosting provider caused part of the Knight Realms website to crash, and corrupt some data, specifically the photo gallery.  Because the gallery includes a photo on every page in the side bar, this caused the website as a whole to crash.

I disabled the photo gallery temporarily, and worked with our hosting provider to find a way to recover it.  He was able to restore the gallery's database from a backup copy.

Unfortunately, despite my instructions NOT to, he also recovered all of the forums from backup as well, setting them back about 2 days.  You will see that some posts are missing, and PMs as well.

My apologies for the issues caused - I'll be working with our hosting provider to make sure this does not happen again.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
10 Apr 2009 09:35 #2 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Photo Gallery / Missing Forums posts
Geoff, you're the best! Thanks for all that work, I imagine it was something you'd rather not have to had done!  But look at this way--I went on the boards today and got to re-live all the posts I'd read yesterday!  It was like having a second chance....or Groundhog's Day -- I'm not sure which  ;)  But seriously, thanks for giving the boards a speedy recovery!

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds