Alt Event PCs

• Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
18 May 2009 14:30 #1 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Alt Event PCs was created by Fogrom (Fogrom)
We are now accepting submissions for PCs for the alt event. Here's how you do it:

1. Go to the Downloads section of the website (under Resources on the left side there) and download the Alternate Event Character Packages pdf file. The file has each profession listed with its base structure, which is ten build spent on the fundamentals. After each profession you will see one or more option packages for that profession. Each of these packages contains forty build worth of skills and points. Review your options and when you're ready to build your character proceed to step #2...

2. Send an e-mail to the "rulesdesign" e-mail address at knightrealms.com. Include the following information in the e-mail, and nothing else:
  • a. Player name.
  • b. Character name.
  • c. Charater race; Sylph and Londwynian are prohibited for this event. All characters are given their racial benefits only by default; they do not get skills from the skill list.
  • d. Character profession; all professions are available.
  • e. Profession option package.
  • f. Spell selections, if applicable.
  • g. The deity that the PC is baptized to, if any.
  • h. The skill(s) or points that you want to spend 5 additional build on; you can buy race skills in this fashion. This offer is only for characters submitted by e-mail by the deadline (below).
  • i. Any customizations that you want to make by swapping skills and/or points from what the profession and option package provide; you can buy race skills in this fashion. This offer is only for characters submitted by e-mail by the deadline (below).

The deadline for the bonus build and customization is 11:59pm, May 24th. You can still submit characters up until May 27th, or in person at the event, but you will only get the standard selection of skills and points provided by the profession defaults and option packages; in any case, you get to select your spells, if applicable.

Do not submit additional information or questions in your e-mail. Make your inquiries here. Do not ask for permission to be a Londwynian or a Slyph. Do not ask for a higher list. Do not submit anything other than what is listed above.

3. Wait for a response:
  • a. If your submission is in order, you will receive a response e-mail that just says "ACK", for "acknowledged".
  • b. If your submission is not in order, you will receive a response e-mail that just says "NACK", for "not acknowledged". If you want to know why your submission NACKed, read this post again.

4. Come to the event. If you received an ACK response to your submission, your character card will be waiting for you when you arrive.

Matt White
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 May 2009 17:06 #2 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic Alt Event PCs
Some of the packages have pre-req discrepancies. Don't worry about them; the character will be legal for the purpose of this event.

Some of the packages also have build discrepancies. This probably has to do with the fact that the packages were created a year ago and some costs have changed since then. If you spot a discrepancy that gives you extra build, feel free to remain silent and enjoy the extra points. If you spot one that shorts you build, PM me so that I can modify the tables in the database. Do *not* note a discrepancy in your submission e-mail or you will get a NACK.

Matt White
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 May 2009 00:02 #3 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
New rule:

If you are customizing your PC you must provide an exact mapping of what you're removing and what you're adding instead. If you have already received an ACK, you're fine and I'll muddle through. If you have not received an ACK but didn't do this, expect a NACK.

Matt White
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
21 May 2009 22:19 #4 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic Alt Event PCs
Just to clarify, submissions that are ACK by the 24th can spend 10 (Starting Package) + 40 (Career Package) + 5 (Bonus Early Submission Package) for a grand total of roughly 55 build, is that correct?

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 May 2009 14:18 #5 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Correct, and I'm now extending the bonus build offer!

The window for customizing characters is over, but if you submit your character before 11:59pm, Wednesday, May 27th you still get five extra build.

Use the same format described in the original post and just omit item i.

If you submitted a PC between the deadline and this post, I will automatically buy BP or career points (whichever is most applicable) with the extra five build.

Matt White
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
28 May 2009 19:58 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Alt Event PCs
What do Alchemists, Herbalists, Poison Makers, etc. start with in the way of components and pre-made Alchemy?

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
28 May 2009 20:00 #7 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Alt Event PCs
I will have the alchemy box there, and hand out a handful of random alchemy to those characters. As for Components, i'll figure out exactly at the event, but likely enough to make what you need for the night and next day.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds