June Event Potluck

• Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
03 Jun 2009 11:33 #1 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
June Event Potluck was created by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Gah I should have posted this earlier >_<.

Inspired by someone who mentioned they were planning on bringing a bit of group food for Friday night, I'm trying to organize a little communal meal on Friday night.

Basically, here's the scoop:

I'm setting up a fire in the pit by the Inn on Friday night and cooking up about a dozen dinner sausages. Anyone who would like one is welcome to them, $1-2 (or a few gold) donation requested but NOT required.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, anyone who wants to bring some food of their own - either already prepared or to cook over the fire - either for themselves or for a group, is asked, welcomed, and encouraged to do so! Anyone who was already bringing some snacks for themselves, come eat around the fire! If you plan on cooking over the fire, please be sure to bring any tools (including a grill surface!) you may need (i'm just sticking the sausages on sticks). If you're bringing group food it's up to you whether you wish to charge for it or not.

Donations of firewood and kindling would be graciously accepted.

Not eating? Come sit with us anyway!

Note: Out of respect to the opening of Zahir's lounge, I will NOT be lighting my hookah at dinner. Instead, I suggest we all retire to The Happy Ending for an after-dinner smoke :-).

I was thinking of lighting the fire around 7 or 8, giving plenty of time to eat before lay-on. Of course I'm not well-versed yet in the timing of KR events, when people arrive, etc, so if there's a better suited or more convenient time to light the fire, please let me know. Perhaps he-who-shall-not-be-named-who-bears-the-shepherds-pie has a suggestion?

I'd appreciate it if anyone who plans on contributing and needs to cook on site could give me a bit of a heads up, so I can attempt to bring more firewood if necessary.

Cheers!

(PS. And if there's anyone around who's good at firemaking who wants to help out so I don't make an ass of myself... yeah...)

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds