Important Information for June Event

• Inajira
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 22
04 Jun 2009 16:09 #1 by Inajira (Inajira)
Important Information for June Event was created by Inajira (Inajira)
This event, certain monsters are going to be out wearing blue sashes.  Any monster wearing a blue sash denotes they have the following skill:

Aura of Disbelief:

This monster exudes an aura that causes others to not believe it exists, and thus leave it alone.  This aura only works on characters of 11th level or higher.  Characters who are 10th level and lower are immune to this effect and can see this monster. 

If a character who is 11th level or higher is directly effected by the monster (either intentional physical contact, or the monster attempts to take an object directly from their person) the aura is dispelled and that character can then see the monster.  Once the aura is dispelled, it is permanently dispelled but for that monster only.  If the monster indirectly affects a character who is 11th level or higher (the monster picks up an object on the table and walks away), the character would just simply note that the object appears to be floating away for some reason, and would justify a reason as to why it was happening.  No amount of explanation or evidence will convince a character who is over 10th level that the monster exists.  As far as the character that is effected by this aura is concerned, it’s a fairy tale and the monster simply doesn’t exist.

Monsters who exude this aura will be wearing a blue sash across their body to denote that they have this ability.

Example 1

Yngwie leaves his bow on the table next to him.  A monster with the skill "Aura of Disbelief" walks up and picks up his bow and begins to walk away.  This is indirect contact.  Yngwie rationliazes that there's a psion in the room trying to take his bow.  As he goes to retrieve his (to his eyes) floating away bow, he gets into a tug of war with the monster.  This is intentional physicial contact and dispels the "Aura of Disbelief".  Yngwie would then see the monster trying to steal his bow.

Example 2

A monster with "Aura of Disbelief" is standing behind Fogrom.  Fogrom accidentally bumps into the monster.  This is indirect contact.  Fogrom rationalizes that Apollo is being stupid and wandering around invisible again.

Angus Grumblegut
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
04 Jun 2009 19:09 #2 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Important Information for June Event

Example 2

A monster with "Aura of Disbelief" is standing behind Fogrom.  Fogrom accidentally bumps into the monster.  This is indirect contact.  Fogrom rationalizes that Apollo is being stupid and wandering around invisible again.

Far more probable than fairies, really.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
05 Jun 2009 10:20 #3 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic Important Information for June Event
Hahahaha, yeah, even without this special power at work, I'd probably draw that conclusion before thinking hey, I think there's a faerie in here...

Which, I think, is perfectly illustrative of Aaron's point.

Matt White
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Jun 2009 20:26 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Important Information for June Event
For what it is worth, the concept worked fine so far as i am concerned.  I saw one (it tried to lift a chess piece and resisted my pull) and so did Zahir (too long a story).  One would think that if Zahir and Fr. Edwin both said they saw something, it would be given credence, because we have trouble agreeing on the color of the sky, but alas, such was not the case.  Instead we heard chorus' of "Lay of the Hookah" and "Stop drinking your own wine."

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds