Helping at the Inn

17 Jun 2009 17:37 #1 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Helping at the Inn was created by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
okay, I heard that I can get build or get gold if I help out at the Inn.
Is this true?
If so, who do I talk to about it or where do I sign up?

Cody Queen

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
17 Jun 2009 18:02 #2 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Helping at the Inn
It's not quite that clear cut.  The info you're looking for is in the "Logistics & Errata" section of the website:

Kitchen Work (Note: Kitchen work may also include IG payment):
One of the main highlights of each KR event is the Feast that is served on Saturday Night.  In fact, the Feast is the reason that the gatherings take place In-Game - the Baron of Travance holds a monthly feast for all the people to come and share in, as a gift to the community.
Preparing the feast is not an easy task - we often have over 100 players at an event, and getting a hot meal to all of them while trying to play the game and have fun is an adventure in itself!  Because of this, we ask that players take turns helping the Kitchen Staff, or even become Kitchen Staff for a weekend, and pitch in for the KR community as a whole.

Because we know it's a sacrifice to give up your playing time in the Kitchen, Service Points are offered for helping out, either as Main Staff, Help Staff, or other work as follows:

Kitchen Staff:  500 Service Points, and your NPC duty for the weekend is waived.  This MUST be approved by the Director prior to the Game!

Kitchen Help: 100 Service Points for an hour's time helping to prepare the Feast (cutting vegetables, etc.)

Serving Help: 200 Service Points for helping serve the Feast.

Feast Cleanup: 300 Service Points for an hour's time helping with cleanup and washing dishes after the feast.

General Cleanup: 100 Service Points for an hour's time washing dishes in The Inn.

Bar Wenching: 100 Service Points and any In-Game tips for 4 hours of Bar Wenching.

Kitchen Staff for each weekend will be chosen by the Director, and will have the ability to sign off on SP for other Help, Cleanup, and Bar Wenching.  Other awards will be at the discretion of the Kitchen Staff - you must fulfill the full time and obligation to be eligible for the SP award.

Also, if you are going to staff the Kitchen, please become familiar with the Kitchen Rules for the game.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
17 Jun 2009 18:30 #3 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Helping at the Inn
aaah so it is based on a point system, okay. So I should talk to the director about kitchen help?

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
17 Jun 2009 18:57 #4 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Helping at the Inn
That's correct.  You can earn service points by doing various services for the game, including kitchen work.  Those service points can be converted into build, as well as spent on an array of other things.  You can check out the "Spending SP" section here: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...iew&id=57&Itemid=188

Yes, James would be the guy to talk to if you want to run a feast for the weekend.  If you're just interested in helping out for a shorter period of time just see the Kitchen Staff member that is running the feast that weekend and I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Jun 2009 19:01 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Helping at the Inn
All you really need to do is while you are at the event, stop into the kitchen and let them know you are interested in helping for SP or in-game for gold. They should be ecstatic to have the help, and let you know what needs to be done, at whatever point you volunteer. SP will get you build if you have at least 100-200 on your card when turning it in at the end of the event, and you can also buy fates at the beginning of an event with SP. As for gold, that's pretty strait forward, its the in-game currency.  Whomever is on duty Kitchen staff will sign your card for the SP or gold.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds