Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
29 Jun 2009 19:53 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
The following are the cabin assignments for the July 2009 event:

Area II: NPC / Plot
Area III: Alisandria Statehouse
Area IV: Kaladonia Statehouse
Area V: Dregamire Statehouse

IG, Pendarvin will be staying as a "guest" in the Baronial Manor, while repairs are being done on their statehouse.

Also IG, Darkheart Manor has been sold to the Barony, and has become the Armory (Again, for you veteran players!).  Because of the tight quarters, the Armory and the Trade Hall are in the same building, as labeled on the map.

Please plan your decorations accordingly!  Also, we highly encourage people to stay in the area that they are Vassaled to (or Nobility of).

[hr]

This will be repeated later, but parking at Daddy Allen is VERY tight.  There is a minimal "lot" but no open fields - because of this, we HIGHLY encourage people to carpool and reduce the number of cars at the event as much as possible.  When you do park, please do your best to keep it out of sight of the IG areas, and also park as tight as you can without blocking someone else in.  (Also, make sure you don't be a jerk and take up 2 spots, so other people can part, too.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
30 Jun 2009 13:02 #2 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event

Please plan your decorations accordingly!  Also, we highly encourage people to stay in the area that they are Vassaled to (or Nobility of).

This is something I've been hearing about sort of in bits and snatches. Can I get a quick low-down on the whole "being a citizen/vassal" of a particular land thing? What it entails, is it required, how to pick a land, etc etc.

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Doug E
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 5
30 Jun 2009 13:08 #3 by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton)
Replied by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event
Being a vassal is really just performing duties for a lord or the baron in their specific lands. I think its mostly an in game decision for people and right now I don't think it carries a lot of weight its merely just a title. There is a small explanation in the rulebook under the barons manor section i believe.

OOG: Doug E
Storyteller/Rules Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
30 Jun 2009 13:12 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event
It is definaty an In-Game question - something best found out through Role-Play.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
30 Jun 2009 13:22 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event
Just out of curiosity, what becomes of the permanent altars and fonts in House Darkheart?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
30 Jun 2009 13:56 #6 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event

It is definaty an In-Game question - something best found out through Role-Play.

The details of it sure... but the basic concept strikes me as something that should be common knowledge enough that my character should already be at least somewhat aware of it (i.e. acceptable to learn out of game)

[OOG Jenna
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
30 Jun 2009 14:15 #7 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event
A Vassal simply put is a person who either resides within their lands (mostly inbetween events) and or works for that lord directly. Beyond that simple explanation the rest is very much an in game thing because every lord is different and the jobs they wish done are thus different.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "Valar Morghulis"
30 Jun 2009 15:12 #8 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event

Just out of curiosity, what becomes of the permanent altars and fonts in House Darkheart?

FOIG

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
30 Jun 2009 15:27 #9 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)

A Vassal simply put is a person who either resides within their lands (mostly inbetween events) and or works for that lord directly. Beyond that simple explanation the rest is very much an in game thing because every lord is different and the jobs they wish done are thus different.

I get ya. Thanks, I'll find out the details in game.
Still technically an out of game consideration: Does one HAVE to be a vassal of a particular land? Is it the same as being a citizen?

Like for example, my character is theoretically just "passing through". Does she have to declare an allegiance of some sort, or can she exist forever as a traveler?

[OOG Jenna
30 Jun 2009 15:41 #10 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Cabin Assignments for the July 2009 event
You never have to become a vassal as your character. It is simply a way for people to become more directly involved with a particular land. A lot of what you are asking about can actually be found in the In Game section of the web site under the Baron's Manor heading.

Everything in the In Game section of the website is publicly accessable information for any character to learn from. It is in fact a way to FOIG because you read about it at the Baron's Manor.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds