Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace

10 Jul 2009 10:06 #1 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace was created by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Please note the following:

Both prayers read similar to this:

This prayer heals a recipient who is in the critical stage of the death count. The recipient instantly awakens with one Body Point. A being can only receive this ability once per event, unless she dies and is resurrected. In addition to the normal casting time, the healer/caster must take the recipient’s character card and mark the use of this ability in the proper location before the ability is considered completed. Neither the healer/caster nor the recipient is OOG during this exchange, but the recipient may discreetly ready her character card during the normal casting time.

If the use of this ability isn't marked on your card right after it's use, then you have not been healed by this ability.  You are still in your critical stage, or dead if enough time has past.  Rules Violations will be given to players and healers not following this rule, even if it is in the heat of combat.

-OOG Michael Smith
10 Jul 2009 12:34 #2 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace
Can we see that a Gaias Embrace is added to the check boxes on the back of the cards? This would make the idea way easier on me than trying to write mine in in the dark.

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jul 2009 12:45 #3 by
There is a check box for restore life, which is what the prayer was called like 3 years. I check that, its easier then writing it all in. Maybe one day they'll update the name on the back on the card.
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
10 Jul 2009 13:01 #4 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace
I'll do my best to remember to change the label, but in the event that if you see a card with restore life assume that it means gaia's embrace.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Heretic
  • OOG- Al Mone
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Jul 2009 16:33 #5 by Heretic (Heretic)
Replied by Heretic (Heretic) on topic Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace
I know it is rare but what about Paladin Gift of Life? Can a box be added for that also, or is a box already in place?

Father Merrin Tellinghast - Templar of the Order of the Brilliant Hammer

OOG: Al Mone
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
12 Jul 2009 10:39 #6 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Rules Clarification: Heal Life/Gaia's Embrace
That one is already on there.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds