10 Oct 2009 21:09 #1 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Avatars was created by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
I keep noticing that many of the people who commonly post to the forums do not have pictures of themselves to accompany their words. Its bothered me for a while, not because new players don't have them-that's to be expected, but because certain people who hold positions in KR don't have them and when they post I have no idea who's talking. I'm relatively new to the game and I don't know everyone yet. So I politely and respectively ask that those who do not have them, please put something up? Even just a placeholder until a more suitable one can be produced?
I feel like I've seen many instances of this particular pet peeve of mine but I could be wrong.

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Oct 2009 23:38 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Avatars
There's two Rules Marshals who attend (and post) infrequently that do not have avatars, because of work-related concerns (i.e. - their jobs don't let them appear anywhere online in an identafieable manner).  The only other common staff member to post hasn't seen a camera because he's been too busy at events running them - although we're trying to fix that. ;)  As soon as we have a good pic, I'll make an Avatar for him.

A new feature I recently added is the ability to see who is in what groups easily by clicking on the Members list, and choosing "Search by Position" (or you can click: www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?action=mlist&sa=position to see it).  This should give you a quick idea of who does what, in addition to the list under their avatar on the forums.

("Staff" are technically every kind of Marshal, but we don't list them, otherwise every post would have a litany of titles under it.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
11 Oct 2009 14:52 #3 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Replied by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar) on topic Avatars
Thank you Geoff, that is a more than adequate explanation.

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds