New Character Card Database

• Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
12 Nov 2009 12:45 #1 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
New Character Card Database was created by Erdrick (Erdrick)
So I've mentioned to a few people that I was putting together a new card database and assuming my printer doesn't explode when I go to print all the new cards it will be live for the ball.

Basically the cards were manipulated to fit more information and allow characters/players to be more secretive with their character stats when interacting with other players. Any value that is stored on the card is now on the front while anything that might be added to a players card by another player such as defenses, learned skills or signatures for cleanup are all now on the back.

Also we literally cut the database in half and removed anyone who hasn't attended in the last year. We will have a full box of the old database on hand in case those players should return but this also means that everyone has a new character card number. Along with the input into the new database there was an audit of sorts done to each card. I as well as my helpers went through and tried to make sure cards were as up to date as possible. If for what ever reason you feel your card is wrong, missing something or if you were given an unfair change please come speak to me, but also please try to be respectful since this was a massive undertaking that a few people spent countless hours on, we in no way are trying to give someone a raw deal. There were a few skills/abilities that no longer exist, or skills that were gained through extra-ordinary means that were left on people's cards. I did my best to remember and respect those cases and those that kept those skills/abilities are noted with a (C) (or copyright symbol) next to them. If anyone would like to make a claim that such a skill or ability was lost they'll need to discuss it with me and if it is not a situation I know about specifically it will be appealed to James.

If anyone has any generic questions that might affect the community as a whole please ask them here, otherwise message me privately for private/situational ones.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
12 Nov 2009 13:28 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic New Character Card Database
Thank you for the hard work Sam!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Nov 2009 15:46 #3 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic New Character Card Database
Thanks Tom.

One more thing, all of the recent skill changes (last week or so) haven't been accounted for on the new cards. So anyone with Heal mortal wound, Iajutsu or anything along those lines will need to get their cards corrected at the next event.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
12 Nov 2009 16:45 #4 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic New Character Card Database
Wow!! Great Job Sam!!! And Helpers!

And I've been post-poning writing a letter of recommendation for about a month now.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Nov 2009 19:29 #5 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic New Character Card Database
Thanks Mike.

Also one more thing I forgot to mention, I have removed all build gain bonus notes. Of course the build gained through those means were left but almost no card has any notes on them surrounding +4 build for lifestyle or etc.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
  • Thank Yous: 0
12 Nov 2009 21:57 #6 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic New Character Card Database
wow sam! you've been a busy little beaver! awesome job (and to your helpers as well)! It seems like being the character card officer is a tedious and sometimes thankless job, but i wanna say thank you for the hard work and dedication you've put into it! it will be nice not to flash our learned skills and stuff at other players... the secrecy is appreciated :-) so again, thank you!  ;D

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
13 Nov 2009 00:07 #7 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic New Character Card Database
Thanks Sam and helpers.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • Clove
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
13 Nov 2009 01:12 #8 by Clove (Mark)
Replied by Clove (Mark) on topic New Character Card Database
Wow, more info and secrecy, way to be on the ball. Thanks for the hard work.

OOG-Mark B
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
13 Nov 2009 03:30 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic New Character Card Database
thanks sam

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds