Question About Feast

06 Jan 2010 22:04 #1 by Father Thomas Ravenmoore (peignscape)
Question About Feast was created by Father Thomas Ravenmoore (peignscape)
Hello I'm new to all of this and the January event is going to be my first. I heard from a friend of mine who I'm joining for the event that there is a feast on Saturday and I have a question about it. I have a serious and deadly allergy to all nuts ( no jokes please), that means peanuts, almonds, pecans, tree nuts, everything of that sort and I was wondering if anyone knew what was being prepared and how is it being prepared, meaning if there is going to be any nuts in any of the food so I know if it is safe for me to eat. I do carry an Epi Pen with me at all times just in case but its only a time giver so if anyone could please get back to me on this matter it would be much appreciated. Thank you to all who answer this.

IG: Father Thomas Ravenmoore
OOG: Justin M.
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
06 Jan 2010 22:23 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Question About Feast
We have a couple of people who are allergic to nuts, and some allergic to gluten even. In the end, just be careful. Feel free to ask before you eat anything. Ultimately it is on you to check and be careful. I wish I could be more helpful. Perhaps someone else might have a better answer for you, but for now, thats what I got. ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Jan 2010 22:28 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Question About Feast
As much as we'd like to help everyone as much as possible, we can't guarantee that every feast will be safe for every allergy - there's just not a way to handle it for that many people in that small a kitchen, on a limited staff & operation.

That being said, if you ask NICELY from the kitchen staff, they can probably tell you what's being made, etc.  Please remember they are volunteers, and be kind to them!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds