Directors Announcements for Feb 10

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Feb 2010 09:00 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Directors Announcements for Feb 10 was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]Directors Announcements for Feb 10[/size]

Donations: Batteries
This month I’m really looking for batteries donations. I hate to be picky, but dollar store batteries don’t cut it. Duracell or Energizer only please. We need mainly “AAA”, but “AA” will also help.

Sleeping Spaces
We are once again building more bunks on Friday. Despite this we may still be overcrowded and people, who come late, may have some trouble finding a legitimate spot to sleep. Once again I am really sorry for this. We are doing everything we can to improve the sleeping situation, please bear with us.

Scholarship in Morgans Name
This drive to raise money is continuing this month. If you can, please continue to donate to this cause as it hits very close to home for many of us. We need to raise quite a bit for our goal, so please give if you can.  Joe will be taking the donations and will have a book for people to sign that was at sign in at the last event. You do not have to donate to write in the book, just ask Joe for it and he will let you put an entry into it. The official post on this scholarship drive is here: www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4707.0

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Feb 2010 10:30 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Directors Announcements for Feb 10
Parking
If you have ever needed to leave a camp during an off period of time like late one night or early in the morning, the one thing you do not want to see was that someone has illegally parked behind you, preventing you from getting your car and leaving the camp.  In cases of emergency, this is completely unacceptable.

Double parking in the upper lot and inside the fence (and on the camp) has always been an on and off again problem for us at Sac.  It also isn't helped by new players seeing cars parked in or late arriving players "just parking there for now," and not returning to their car for hours. Do not double park or park inside the fence.

The simple fact is, for safety sake, we need it to stop.  Starting at the February event, no one is allowed to park behind anyone in the upper lot.  Not even if you have made arrangements with the person beforehand.  When the upper lot is full, please utilize the large lower lot.  If you need to drive onto the camp, do so in a quick and efficient manner and please remove your car from the in-game area as soon as you are able to off load your belongings or props in a reasonable amount of time.  No one is immune to this rule.  Not Officers, Storytellers, Kitchen Staff or anyone else.

If the staff notices that these rules can’t be followed, we will be forced to start a new HARSH policy in the near future.  Please help us make this avoidable and park with attention to courtesy for one another.  We don't want to make things more of a hassle, but the problem has become way too large to ignore.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
04 Feb 2010 16:52 #3 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic Directors Announcements for Feb 10
The parking issue will be come exceedingly important in the event of heavy snowfall. 

Please respect this request.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
06 Feb 2010 12:01 #4 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Directors Announcements for Feb 10
I don't know if this part of the problem, but when parking next to someone, try to park reasonably close.  One of my pet peeves (although I don't know if it applies to KR folk) is when 3 cars take up the equivalent of 4 parking spaces...

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
06 Feb 2010 20:58 #5 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Directors Announcements for Feb 10
I heartily agree with you Tina

I have many times seen large fancy vehicles, whose owners take great pride, taking up two or even more parking places especially so when they "Angle Park" in such a manner to prevent door dings!

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
15 Feb 2010 10:08 #6 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic Directors Announcements for Feb 10
The Knight Realms Staff would like to than everyone for their cooperation with the parking regulations this month.  The rules were followed, and those who did not know of the rule were pleasent and agreeable when asked to move their vehicle.

There is no need to enact the previously mentioned policy unless the rules start to be ignored and policy not followed.  Moving forward, we will keep the system that is in place now.  Simple cooperation.

Thank you for your help everyone.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds