Rules Update: Threads of Fate

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Mar 2010 19:25 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Rules Update: Threads of Fate was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
The Fate prayer "Threads of Fate" has been updated as follows:

This prayer transfers any status from the Stages of Health & Dying section of the rulebook, and all effects associated with that status, from one person to another. The caster must first strike the subject currently suffering the effect, and then strike the subject to which she wants to transfer it. Either subject can perceive the prayer as an attack and defend against it if she desires. If the subject that is targeted to receive the effect successfully defends against the prayer, or is immune to the effect, then the status remains upon the original subject.

This has been updated in the online rulebook.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • shalok
  • in vino veritas
  • Thank Yous: 17
03 Mar 2010 09:01 #2 by shalok (shalok)
Replied by shalok (shalok) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate
If I am correct this means that this can be used not only to "Heal Life" someone out of crit but use that status to send another person right into crit.  I understand, that it can be defended against with 0 outcome but you may want to discuss and add this as one of the forms of healing that can only be done once per event.  That way it does not get too out of hand.  Just looking at how easily it could be abused.

~Knight Templar Shalok Kensington of the Order of the Valiant Shield
Master of the Hunt

oog- Mahoney
Larp Armor and Latex Weapons- larpexchange.com
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
03 Mar 2010 12:32 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate
What happens to the person that was in crit?  Are they "healed" to 0 or 1 Body?  Are they healed to full?  Or do they re-start their "dying count" in the non-critical death stage?

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • RafikiYhatzi
  • Banana Necklace!
  • Thank Yous: 3
03 Mar 2010 21:35 #4 by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi)
Replied by RafikiYhatzi (RafikiYhatzi) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate
Geoff: Does this include the amount of time remaining on whatever stage of death count, or does the target start from the beginning of the stage?

OOC: Chris Lemanski
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
03 Mar 2010 21:42 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate
Paul: Because it's transferring the Critical state ONLY, and not the Injured state or any of its effects, the person the state is being taken from would be at 1 body.

Chris: I'm not sure on this one - I'd hazard it follows the same rules as Empathic, in that it begins at the point the prayer is delivered, and not into the death count.  (Also, that would prevent you from dropping it with 10 seconds left on someone else to kill them w/o a chance for healing.)  The time into the death count is not an an effect associated with the health status (like a body count, poison count, specific limb broken, etc.), so much as a duration.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
03 Mar 2010 22:34 #6 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate

The Fate prayer "Threads of Fate" has been updated as follows:

This prayer transfers any status from the Stages of Health & Dying section of the rulebook, and all effects associated with that status, from one person to another...

This may just be me being really stupid from a lack of sleep but does "any status" include "Wounded"?  As in you can transfer the basic damage I've incurred and move it to somebody else for what could theoretically be a massive prayer-based attack?

Example:  Joe is at 10/100 BP, Bob uses Threads of Fate to take is 90 BP of Damage and throw it as Sue.  Sue cannot defend and only has a max of 40 BP.  She falls to Serious.

Again, I could be viewing this all wrong...

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Ardentfyre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 25
03 Mar 2010 23:51 #7 by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre)
Replied by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate

I'd hazard it follows the same rules as Empathic

That's the intent.

Example:  Joe is at 10/100 BP, Bob uses Threads of Fate to take is 90 BP of Damage and throw it as Sue.  Sue cannot defend and only has a max of 40 BP.  She falls to Serious.

Sure, if she can't block it she would fall to Serious.  If you're implying that this is very powerful, keep it mind it costs the same as Incinerate, Gaia's Embrace, Grant Death, Harvest Your Soul, along with many other very strong 4th rank spells/prayers.

Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
    Order of the White Fox
        Master of Defense of the Mages Guild

[hr]
Jonathon G.
Rules Officer
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
04 Mar 2010 00:56 - 04 Mar 2010 03:29 #8 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate
I am not implying anything about it's power level, merely looking to find a complete understanding of the intent of the prayer in both spirit of the game and spirit of the rules.

My last question is can this prayer work in reverse, as in can you take the status of "Healthy" and bestow it upon somebody who a status of anything but?

For example transferring somebody's Healthy Status to somebody who does not have the same?

Example: Sue is badly injured with two severed limbs and 10/40BP.  Healthy enemy Goblin A comes around the corner.  Joe decides to hit the Goblin with Threads of Fate, declaring he wishes to move his "Healthy" status to Sue.

Is this correct, or is Healthy not a "Status" for the intensive purposes of Threads of Fate?

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
Last edit: 04 Mar 2010 03:29 by .
  • Ardentfyre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 25
04 Mar 2010 10:33 #9 by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre)
Replied by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre) on topic Rules Update: Threads of Fate

Healthy not a "Status" for the intensive purposes of Threads of Fate?

This.

The first target of the spell must be the injured party, and the second must be the intended recipient of that injury.  In no way can you transfer more than one status effect off of a character with one use of this prayer.

Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
    Order of the White Fox
        Master of Defense of the Mages Guild

[hr]
Jonathon G.
Rules Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds